Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Tucker vs Chris Rock

I'd Prefer Tucker over Rock as well in terms of acting, in terms of standup comedy probably Rock.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KOLBCTEW
    I'd Prefer Tucker over Rock as well in terms of acting, in terms of standup comedy probably Rock.
    This. Besides Rush Hour 3, there probably isn't a movie Chris Tucker did that I didn't like. Friday, Jackie Brown, Dead Presidents, etc. C'mon, all great films. Chris Rock on the other hand, the exact opposite.

Chris Tucker's Acting>Chris Rock's Standup

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Reallly?

Wow

Its no competition

Rock>>>>>>> Tucker

And it aint even close.

Forget movie roles and acting, Rock >>>>>> Tucker

But the GOAT is still this man:

Gots Ta Be Li Showtam! The Magic Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Reallly?

Wow

Its no competition

Rock>>>>>>> Tucker

And it aint even close.

Forget movie roles and acting, Rock >>>>>> Tucker

But the GOAT is still this man:

You know, I wish to allmighty Lord vader that you would change that creepy a$$ avi, but I'm with you right now. How is this even a legit comparison. Chris Tucker has been hilarious 3 times in his life.

1. Def Comedy Jam performance
    2. Friday
    3. Rush Hour 1

Every other time he's been kinda funny. Chris Rock is brilliant every single time he takes the stage. Granted, his movies are trash but standup (the true barometer for comedians) is where he sh*ts on about 75% of every comedian ever. But, like my man Biggie said, Eddie is the GOAT. That dude is funny no matter what. His movies have turned to sh*t yet he is still hilarious. Plus, Delirious, Raw, Coming To America, Beverly Hills Cop, and 48 Hours are greater than anything either one of these guys have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    This. Besides Rush Hour 3, there probably isn't a movie Chris Tucker did that I didn't like. Friday, Jackie Brown, Dead Presidents, etc. C'mon, all great films. Chris Rock on the other hand, the exact opposite.

Chris Tucker's Acting>Chris Rock's Standup
    You've been riding the short bus since you joined ISH, I swear. Chris Tucker's acting? GTFO! You gonna list Jackie Brown and say he attributed to that being a great film? Why? Because without all of his 6 minutes of "magic" the movie woulda went straight to dvd? He was funny in Dead Presidents. Great? Come on. Chris Tuckers "acting" is no where near the brilliance of Chris Rock's standup material. And all the b*tching white people saying he is racist, give it a rest. Rock is one of the most respected black comedians of our generation. He's always performing with Sienfield, Crystal, Robin Williams, and other elite white comedians. Dude sh*ts on black people in his comedy more than whites anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    You've been riding the short bus since you joined ISH, I swear. Chris Tucker's acting? GTFO! You gonna list Jackie Brown and say he attributed to that being a great film? Why? Because without all of his 6 minutes of "magic" the movie woulda went straight to dvd? He was funny in Dead Presidents. Great? Come on. Chris Tuckers "acting" is no where near the brilliance of Chris Rock's standup material. And all the b*tching white people saying he is racist, give it a rest. Rock is one of the most respected black comedians of our generation. He's always performing with Sienfield, Crystal, Robin Williams, and other elite white comedians. Dude sh*ts on black people in his comedy more than whites anyway.
    Funny you mention Rock and white people, since his writing partner is this dude:

And like you mentioned Seinfeld is one of his boys/writing partners as well.

Speaking of the GOAT (Eddie Murphy):

http://rorr.im/digg.com/movies/what_...0_movies_vids/

10. Coming to America
    9. The Nutty Professor
    8. Dreamgirls
    7. Bowfinger
    6. Eddie Murphy - Raw
    5. Beverly Hills Cop
    4. Shrek 2
    3. Shrek
    2. Trading Places
    1. 48 Hours

Tucker's a better actor(his performance in Dead Presidents makes me wish he did more dramatic movies) but Rock is FAR better at standup, it aint even close

This is still one of the best standup bits of all time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik

And I dont agree with whoever said that Rock's whole shtick is racism against white people. If you've watched his standup specials you'd realize that

1) He's far harder on black people than he is on white people
    2) He talks about other things outside of race(ie. gender roles, relationships, society in general)

The quick, shortened version would be:

Stand up: Rock
    Movies: Tucker

Any dispute with that?

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Man, even in the OTC you Lakers guys are f*cking mind numbingly stupid and annoying. Nobody said he carried Jackie Brown, but he was great in his limited role. I can't think of one thing Rock added to any movie.

Dogma-sucked
    Pootie Tang-sucked
    Osmosis Jones-sucked
    Bad Company-sucked
    Head of State-extra sucked

The list goes on and on. Great stand up comic, horrible actor in horrible movies. The laughs he gets in stand-up don't make up for the hours on end wasted while watching his horrible movies. I'm a movie guy. For me Chris Tucker>Chris Rock. Don't like it, then eat my ass...like all Chris Rock movies do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    The quick, shortened version would be:

Stand up: Rock
    Movies: Tucker

Any dispute with that?
    Nope, I agree.

I think Rock is a better actor than some of ya'll are giving him credit for. He's just had bad roles for the most part.

But he was great in New Jack City and Nurse Betty(I can't be the only person here who's seen this flick lol)

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    Man, even in the OTC you Lakers guys are f*cking mind numbingly stupid and annoying. Nobody said he carried Jackie Brown, but he was great in his limited role. I can't think of one thing Rock added to any movie.

Dogma-sucked
    Pootie Tang-sucked
    Osmosis Jones-sucked
    Bad Company-sucked
    Head of State-extra sucked

The list goes on and on. Great stand up comic, horrible actor in horrible movies. The laughs he gets in stand-up don't make up for the hours on end wasted while watching his horrible movies. I'm a movie guy. For me Chris Tucker>Chris Rock. Don't like it, then eat my ass...like all Chris Rock movies do.

First off, muthaf*cka, YOOOUUU listed Jackie Brown as a great movie on Chris Tucker's resume. Let's watch, shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGe9FU-bBlM

Damn, look at how he holds that joint. That's the stuff acolades are built on.
    Now, the continuation of his Oscar worthy performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2iPbfEEEvM

So many emotions in that scene. Disbelief. Anger. Street hunger. Yup, you sir are right. Chris Rock has nothing on this man. Now the question should be is Tucker's acting better than Rock's stand up? Not even a little bit. Now, let's talk about movies. Yea, Rock makes bad choices in movies. That said, are you gonna tell me that he still isn't funny in those bad movies? What about HIS small roles?

Beverly Hills Cop
    Boomerang
    I'm Gone Git You Sucka
    CB4!!!!!! (tell me that sh*t wasn't funny)
    Leathal Weapon 4
    Down To Earth (funny sh*t)
    The Longest Yard

What about his tv show? That sh*t was golden. Dude, I like Tucker but he is no where near Rock. All Tucker does is niqqa srereotype acts. Loud a$$, ignorant black dude who curses a lot. Rock is smart and will hit you from all over the place with his comedy. Staci, you have been dead wrong in just about every thread you've posted in. Give up man...or woman.

Chris Rock is considered one of the greatest comics EVER. I love Chris Tucker, but is e proven to have a complete special on his own ...

Rocks stand up specials inculde

Five specials of his own:
    1994: Big Ass Jokes
    1996: Bring The Pain
    1999: Bigger and Blacker
    2004: Never Scared
    2008: Kill the Messenger
    And Four other appearances on HBO/ect:
    1987: Uptown Comedy
    1989: This is Chris Rock
    1989: Evening at the Improv
    1996: Def Comedy Jam

Not to mention his work on SNL And ILC and The Chris Rock Show and Everybody Hates Chris.

-----

Chris Tucker only has:
    Two Def Comedy Jam appearances in 92' and 93'

Rock > Comedy big time, not even up for argument

Tucker has also only done a few movies, not even lookin up on IMDB, he's done House Party 3, Friday, Dead Pres, Fifth Element, Jackie Brown, Money Talks, Rush Hour 1,2 and 3, that's it, TEN films. Five of them he was a main character.

I'll admit, his roles are funnier than CR is films, but he hasn't done enough. I could probably think of five main roles CR has done that are funny. CB4, I Think I Love My Wife, Down to Earth, Pootie Tang, ect.

So Stand up comedy, out of 10: Rock 10 > Tucker 2
    Films, out of 10: Rock 6 > Tucker 7

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by blasian
    Tucker's a better actor(his performance in Dead Presidents makes me wish he did more dramatic movies) but Rock is FAR better at standup, it aint even close

This is still one of the best standup bits of all time
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik

And I dont agree with whoever said that Rock's whole shtick is racism against white people. If you've watched his standup specials you'd realize that

1) He's far harder on black people than he is on white people
    2) He talks about other things outside of race(ie. gender roles, relationships, society in general)
    hahaha I loved the episode of The Office where Michael Scott quoted that bit. Hilarious.