Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Default Re: Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I like Gortat in limited minutes. Meaning I wouldn't mind him being a starter as long as he's not getting over 25 mpg. What I like about him is he knows his role, so pretty much the opposite of Dalembert. He knows he's out there to set screens, rebound, block shots, and get a bucket when it comes. And he's quick for being so huge. He doesn't turn into Philip "Hot Sauce" Champion with 7 seconds left on the shot clock like Dalembert likes to do.

Wafer I don't know...He's a decent shooter and a good athlete. Allows us to not have to rely on Kapono to be our only shooter. Iguodala and Thad are gonna get a bulk of minutes but when Brand sits and we move Thad to the 4 a Wafer/Iggy/Thad lineup could be a monster athletically. He got 19 mpg with the Rockets, if we could get him in that 23 range that'd be cool. Another double digit scorer from the bench to pair with Lou, and I believe Speights will be in the 9 ppg range. Wafer's another guy who could be overpaid by some team in need of a starting 2 though.

Our MLE doesn't mean as much as a team in need of a starting 2 also offering the MLE.
    Wow I just said "to pair with Lou on the bench". I really need to get used to the concept of Lou starting. Gonna take a while. Damn we need a scorer off the bench period.

Eh. Wafer's not worth the baggage. There's a reason that a guy with as much talent as he has can't stick on any team in this league. He had the nerves to piss off Rick Adelman (the coach that believed in him and gave him a chance) enough in a playoff game to get sent back to the locker for the remainder of it when they could have used him.

The only FA I'm really interested in is Chris Andersen (gives us an elite shot blocker that can run the floor and finish well at the rim - although I think he'll be demanding too much on the open market than we'll be willing to pay)

There's some good international FA PGs I like but not going bother listing them since we probably won't pursue.

We contacted Mike Bibby only to find he wants to stay with Atlanta. But he also wants the same money Andre Miller wants.

I couldve told Ed not to waste his time with Bibby. Just like he shouldnt with Jason Kidd.

we should try to bring eric snow out of retirement.

I'm hoping we don't get too desperate for a PG.

haha dont jinx us!

Sixers contacted Rodney Carney but he wants more than the minimum which is what they offered.

You read Kate Fagen too Sixersfan76? Heh Heh Heh

But yeah, so far nothing really interesting from the Sixers.

1. Still trying to trade Dalembert and cant find a taker. Not even Houston
    2. They want a vet PG but dont want to give a deal more than 2yrs, 1 being ideal. So the Andre Miller situation is at a halt
    3. Sign and trading Andre Miller doesnt seem likely, not much interest there (Portland all but shot down that deal)
    4. As you mentioned Rodney Carney was contract (why?) but he wants more than the vet minimum (based on what Rodney? lol)
    5. Royal Ivey is interested coming back but with Jrue Holiday why bother?

Havent heard much else in terms of trades, free agent interest. My thinking which I've said before? Sixers holding out and lookin for the bargain deals. Where a guy tried to get some $$$$ and his options ran out. So a 1yr deal trying for next offseason could be the answer. I honestly hope we dont end up bringing in the Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, Royal Ivey, Kareem Rush's of the free agent crops. I liked Ratliff and Donyell. But I dont think this team as is today and just added some spotty minute using vet backups on cheap helps.

Sixers could be depending bigtime on Elton Brand/Iggy (obvious reasons) but the development of Lou Williams, Thaddeus Young and Marreese Speights. Seems cliche as every year you expect it butI mean I think they want their best seasons to date. Especially Lou Williams.

What yall think?

Who are our 2010 free agents?

I don't even think we have any.

Saw a basketball once

Throw out all the names you want, but the best free agent out there for our needs is named Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by dcathoops
    Throw out all the names you want, but the best free agent out there for our needs is named Allen Iverson
    For our needs? He has had his time in Philly, he has pretty much got himself back on good terms with the city and franchise, we don't need him to be back here screwing **** up again.

It might be the fairytale ending to Iverson's career, but I think Stefanski is more shrewd than that.

Saw a basketball once

Screw up what? Iggy has established himself, Brand is here now. Lou will only get better WITH Iverson's help. Do you want to keep running Willie Green out there as the starting guard?

Have you read D Wade's quotes? Why does he want him but we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dcathoops
    Screw up what? Iggy has established himself, Brand is here now. Lou will only get better WITH Iverson's help. Do you want to keep running Willie Green out there as the starting guard?

Have you read D Wade's quotes? Why does he want him but we don't?
    You wanna send Thad Young to the bench and stunt his development in place of an aging and egotistical Iverson. No thanks.

Saw a basketball once

I love Thad - but he should be coming off the bench anyway. He is the perfect high energy guy to bring in after a few minutes. They are going to start the game trying to establish Brand and Andre, so his opportunities will be limited at the start. you can sub him first, basically for anyone and move guys around.