Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    defense is voted by coaches, I believe.
    That still doesnt explain how Battier and Raja Bell arent consistently on first team defense. Guys like that should be on first team defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    defense is voted by coaches, I believe.
    And how many coaches were fired last season? How many coaches are highly criticized every year for their poor decisions and lack of good game management, rotations, style, etc? Why would I care who Don Nelson or D'antoni thinks are top defenders?

Freakin Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    And how many coaches were fired last season? How many coaches are highly criticized every year for their poor decisions and lack of good game management, rotations, style, etc? Why would I care who Don Nelson or D'antoni thinks are top defenders?
    Same reason's you would care that coaches voted MJ on defensive teams?!

But, we aren't striking the sword at MJ currently are we?!

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    That still doesnt explain how Battier and Raja Bell arent consistently on first team defense. Guys like that should be on first team defense.
    because Bell is not what he used to be.
    and Battier had been coming off the bench and also got beat out by his teammate for that honor.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

you honestly dont think both are very informed on the topic of defense. Just because their style doesnt value it doesnt mean they dont know or understand it.

IMO, just because coaches are critixized and make mistakes you totally disregard their opinions. Thats a slippery slope, the truth is that these guys are coaching the highest level of basketball and do a pretty good job. And honestly I dont think there are many people you would listen to. I personally know some great coaches at the D3 level but Im sure there opinions would resonate with you because they are D3 and not at the top? The truth of the matter is that these guys spend their days around bball coaches and researching and taking in valuable opinions from the top people in their fields. Everyone makes mistakes as far as analytics and predictions as well as applcation. This is not unique to basketball. But it seems as though you want to devalue their opinion for things that are not unique to them. And to me that seems disingenious.

Reaching much?

Freakin Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    you honestly dont think both are very informed on the topic of defense. Just because their style doesnt value it doesnt mean they dont know or understand it.

IMO, just because coaches are critixized and make mistakes you totally disregard their opinions. Thats a slippery slope, the truth is that these guys are coaching the highest level of basketball and do a pretty good job. And honestly I dont think there are many people you would listen to. I personally know some great coaches at the D3 level but Im sure there opinions would resonate with you because they are D3 and not at the top? The truth of the matter is that these guys spend their days around bball coaches and researching and taking in valuable opinions from the top people in their fields. Everyone makes mistakes as far as analytics and predictions as well as applcation. This is not unique to basketball. But it seems as though you want to devalue their opinion for things that are not unique to them. And to me that seems disingenious.

That Showtime guy got Pawned!!

I haven't seen someone get owned this bad since Bret Michaels left the stage slightly late!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPUkLWNdTAk

I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    1. Michael Jordan
    2. Magic Johnson
    3. Larry Bird
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. Bill Russell
    7. Shaquille O'Neal
    8. Tim Duncan
    9. Hakeem Olajuwon
    10. Kobe Bryant

Jerry West moves down to #11.

I absolutely agree. Now that Kobe has won his fourth championship and evolved as a player, I think he definitely surpassed Jerry West. I think the #10 spot is the proper place for him right now.

In my opinion, he already surpassed West on the list of all time shooting guards (Jordan, Kobe, West).

West wanted to say that Lebron surpassed Kobe, well to me it looks like Kobe has surpassed him. LOL!

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Pundits? West? I respect West's opinion, but I disagree. Kobe is great, we all know that. Maybe the pundits should wait a while before jumping on the bandwagon. I just think top ten is getting carried away.
    You think top ten is carried away.

Jerry West thinks Kobe is top ten.

Whose opinion is valued more? You, an internet forum poster and fan or Jerry West a student of the game and one of the all time greats to play the game?

Man... this is a really hard decision to make!

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

The irony here is that a internet forum poster doesn't care what actual NBA coaches and players might think, but yet they want their opinion to somehow weigh in on the matter! Talk about egos!

Look at all the fanboys getting excited and high fiving each other against a common enemy

fact of the matter is all defensive teams are poorly selected. its basically the all defensive superstar team. and the coaches vote to that affect. i like kobe but you cannot hand on heart say he has deserved every single one of those selections

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Wow..... you kobe groupies are something else.

I just saw one that said he was top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
    Same reason's you would care that coaches voted MJ on defensive teams?!

But, we aren't striking the sword at MJ currently are we?!
    I'm not Bruce Blitz, but anybody who watched him knew he didn't need all-d selections to be recognized as one of, if not the, best perimeter defender (and arguably top defender at his very best). Jordan, Pippen, Payton, etc didn't need all-d teams to validate their beastly defense. On the other hand, Kobe and Chris Paul don't belong on a list that names the very best defensive players this year, because there are better defenders out there. So no, I don't put as much stock in what the consensus is from the coaches as I do watching a player play.

I'm not Bruce Blitz, but anybody who watched him knew he didn't need all-d selections to be recognized as one of, if not the, best perimeter defender (and arguably top defender at his very best). Jordan, Pippen, Payton, etc didn't need all-d teams to validate their beastly defense. On the other hand, Kobe and Chris Paul don't belong on a list that names the very best defensive players this year, because there are better defenders out there. So no, I don't put as much stock in what the consensus is from the coaches as I do watching a player play.
    find me 2 guards that are better defenders than Kobe Bryant...