Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell

Reaching much?
    Why is that reaching? How often do we see coaches being called out by the fans and the media? How often do we see questionable coaches retain their positions? How can you question their judgment one day, and then use their judgment to validate something the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    find me 2 guards that are better defenders than Kobe Bryant...
    I've been through this several times. The all-d teams don't have to be by each specific position. The All-D team this season should look something like this:

Billups
    Battier
    KG
    Duncan
    Howard

or switch Artest in place of KG if you take issue with the number of games played. Wade, Rondo, and Roy were just as good on defense this season as Kobe, if not better.

Freakin Sweet!

Also here for if he is top 10 of all time! Block out the Kobe Groupie Countries in Blue!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId= 72963

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    I'm not Bruce Blitz, but anybody who watched him knew he didn't need all-d selections to be recognized as one of, if not the, best perimeter defender (and arguably top defender at his very best). Jordan, Pippen, Payton, etc didn't need all-d teams to validate their beastly defense. On the other hand, Kobe and Chris Paul don't belong on a list that names the very best defensive players this year, because there are better defenders out there. So no, I don't put as much stock in what the consensus is from the coaches as I do watching a player play.
    I will never deny Kobe's great scoring abilities.

But all the defensive praise he gets is mind boggling to me.

This series he made some nice defensive plays, but he kept getting beat, he kept losing track of his man (no homo).

I know his job is to play off his man (depending on assignment) but his rotations and closeouts were slow.

Again.... with every Kobe aspect, there seems to be two sides.

I've mentioned Kobe's two sides for some time now. Some of you that have read my posts know how consistent I am with what seems to be a recurring theme.

And it applies on defense as well.

Just like with some of his shots, people remember that one incredible shot he makes, but forget about the other 4 misses.

And that is why I cannot put Kobe in a top 10. Its not due to any hate, but due to his uneven play. Something even logical Laker fans agree on.

Did Magic play as consistently inconsistent?
    isiah?

Bad games are bad games, everybody has them. But Kobe's are a unique phenomena on its own.

Oh well.....

Peace

Freakin Sweet!

I've been through this several times. The all-d teams don't have to be by each specific position. The All-D team this season should look something like this:

Billups
    Battier
    KG
    Duncan
    Howard

or switch Artest in place of KG if you take issue with the number of games played. Wade, Rondo, and Roy were just as good on defense this season as Kobe, if not better.
    I didnt know what you were about, but boy i just found out!

Freakin Sweet!

Billups
    Battier
    KG
    Duncan
    Howard

then go back in history and show me the amount of times that there has not been two guards on the all nba defensive team...if it isnt required then it is at least common practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
    I didnt know what you were about, but boy i just found out!

Freakin Sweet!
    Ditto.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
    Lil Dez: "Sir Charles Barkley don't have no rings................. not one"

Ha HaHa!!....I am a fan of Sir Charles not his Teams

I am not biased like you saying that Rings = Greatness

Rings = Team Greatness, being on the Best Teams...

[COLOR="Blue"]Even the Detroit Pistons won a Championship without a Dominant Player because they had THEE DEEPEST TEAM in the NBA and BEST DEFENSIVE TEAM in the NBA both PERIMETER AND INTERIORLY:

Look at this ...

Bill Laimbeer: Monster Defender and Top Rebounder
    Rodman: Monster Defender and Topest of Rebounders
    Isiah: Good Defender and Scorer, One of THe Greatest Game Creators and Passers...
    Dumars: Monster Perimeter Defender on the 1 on 1, Good Passer and Good Shooter
    Mahorn: Good Defender and Good Rebounder
    Salley Great Defender
    Aguirre: Great Shooter and Scorer and Good Passer[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Now You Wan`t to See Greatness of a Player Doing It All With Scrubs?[/COLOR]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2009.html

Player Efficiency Rating

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]1. LeBron James-CLE 37.4 [/COLOR]

( BY FAR AND BAR NONE, "THEE BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER IN THE WORLD!" )

[COLOR="darkslategray"]2. Tony Parker-SAS 29.3[/COLOR] (Great Player a Top Guard in the NBA)
    [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]3. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 28.3[/COLOR] (When Will This GUy Stop Being Underrated? Zero Help!)
    [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]4. Tim Duncan-SAS 27.3[/COLOR] (Best FC in the NBA, [COLOR="Orange"]2nd Pau Gasol)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="orange"]5. Kobe Bryant-LAL 26.8 [/COLOR] (Great Player, Best SG along Wade)

*Wade = Zero Help!

Defensive Rating

[COLOR="Blue"]1. Dwight Howard-ORL 98.4 (Best Defender in the NBA!!!!)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]2. LeBron James-CLE 99.6 [/COLOR] (2nd Best Defender in the NBA!!!)

3. Marcin Gortat-ORL 99.7
    4. Chuck Hayes-HOU 99.8
    5. Anderson Varejao-CLE 100.1

Offensive Win Shares

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]1. LeBron James-CLE 3.6 [/COLOR] (Any Other Cav Helping In the Offensive Edge? NONE!)
    [COLOR="Orange"]2. Kobe Bryant-LAL 3.3 [/COLOR] (Shares his Offense with Gasol-Odom)
    3. Chauncey Billups-DEN 2.9 (Shares his with Anthony)
    [COLOR="Orange"]4. Pau Gasol-LAL 2.7 [/COLOR] (Shares his Offense with Bryant-Odom)
    [COLOR="Blue"]5. Dwight Howard-ORL 2.6[/COLOR] (Best Center in the NBA, Got Some Offensive Help with Hedo and Lewis)

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]*Who Does Lebron Share his Wins With? NOBODY![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]*Kobe Bryant Share`s His with a Top 10 Player Active Player in the NBA, Pau Gasol!!![/COLOR]

Defensive Win Shares

[COLOR="Blue"]1. Dwight Howard-ORL 2.0 (Atleat he has a Top Defender in his Team, Rashard Lewis)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]2. Pau Gasol-LAL 1.7 [/COLOR] (Shared with Bryant-Odom)
    [COLOR="Orange"]3. Kobe Bryant-LAL 1.4 [/COLOR] (Shared with Gasol-Odom)
    [COLOR="orange"]4. Lamar Odom-LAL 1.3 [/COLOR] (Shared with Gasol and Bryant)
    [COLOR="Blue"]5. Rashard Lewis-ORL (Got Some Help for Howard, Reason why he wen`t to the Finals!!!)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]*What a Combination of Defenders in the Lakers!!!:

THE REAL BIG 3 as a I Keep Saying plus the 2nd or 1st SG in the League!!![/COLOR]

*Way To Have It Easy in The Defensive Side!!!

Win Shares

[COLOR="Orange"]1. Kobe Bryant-LAL 4.8 [/COLOR] (Shared With Gasol-Odom)

[COLOR="Blue"]2. LeBron James-CLE 4.7 [/COLOR] (Shared with Nobdy!!! )

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]3. Dwight Howard-ORL 4.6 [/COLOR] (Atleast Got Lewis and Hedo + Great Defender Pietrius)

[COLOR="orange"]4. Pau Gasol-LAL 4.4 [/COLOR] (Shared With Bryant-Odom)

[COLOR="Navy"]5. Chauncey Billups-DEN 3.3 [/COLOR] (Got Anthony Help and a Great Defensive Team)

Steals

[COLOR="orange"]1. Kobe Bryant-LAL 38[/COLOR](Alot of Team Defensive Help in The Perimeter with Ariza!)
    [COLOR="orange"]2. Trevor Ariza-LAL 36[/COLOR] (Alot of Team Defensive Help in the Perimeter with Bryant)
    3. Rajon Rondo-BOS 35
    4. Rafer Alston-ORL 33
    5. Carmelo Anthony-DEN 28

[COLOR="Orange"]*2 Great Team Defenders in One Team!!![/COLOR]

Points Per Game

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]1. LeBron James-CLE 35.3 [/COLOR](Zero Help in his Team!!!, Zero!!!. At 51.% FG!, Amazing Scorer!

[COLOR="Orange"]2. Kobe Bryant-LAL 30.2 (Alot of Help In All Ways Possible at 46,7% FG Great Scorer!) [/COLOR]
    3. Dwyane Wade-MIA 29.1 (Zero Help In his Team!!!, Zero!!!!, at 43,9% FG)
    [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]4. Tony Parker-SAS 28.6 [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]5. Carmelo Anthony-DEN 27.2 (Props but he has Alot of Defensive and Offensive Help)[/COLOR]

Assist Pct

1. Chris Paul-NOH 60.2 (Point Guard)
    [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2. Tony Parker-SAS 46.6 (Point Guard)[/COLOR]
    3. Deron Williams-UTA 43.3 (Point Guard)
    4. Rajon Rondo-BOS 40.9 (Poinmt Guard)
    [COLOR="Blue"]5. LeBron James-CLE 39.5 (What? A SMALL FORWARD? !!! )[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Only an Idiot, a Kid or a Biased NBA Fan can avoid the Fact that LEBRON IS THEE BEST PLAYER in the NBA [/COLOR] and[COLOR="Orange"] Bryant is Among the Top 6, Gasol in the Top 10 and These Two![/COLOR] [COLOR="orange"]have Great Help on Both The Offensive, Defensive and Game Creating End![/COLOR]...[COLOR="Blue"]As So Does Howard in The Defensive End (Nothing Much on the Offensive End and Just Hedo on the Game Creating End while Himself Not a Great Game Creator)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Dirk, Zero Help[/COLOR]
    Wade, Zero Help
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Lebron, Zero Help[/COLOR]

*Now Compare These Dudes PERs and How They Advance in the Play-Offs with ZERO HELP!!! (PLAYING WITH SCRUBS)
    *They are Actually Lucky to Make it to the Play-Offs!!!
    *Reason Why They are In THe Play-Offs = THEM ONLY!!!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]LEBRON = BY A THOUSAND MILES, "THEE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD" AND DOING IT ALONE[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Don`t Ever Underrate Barkley again

Top 5 Statistical +/-
    Top 10 PER (Season and Play-Offs)
    Top 10 EFF

WITH NO BODY but a Good Offensive Perimeter Player that was a PG KJ that Prefered to be The Hero Instead of Pass the Ball To the Frontline and Make them Better.

Defensive Monsters (Gasol, Odom)? None!
    Game Creators in the Frontline (Gasol, Odom)? None[/COLOR]

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gasolpa01.html

[COLOR="orange"]Pau Gasol[/COLOR]

Player Efficiency Rating

2006-07 NBA 24.1 (7)
    [COLOR="Blue"]Active 21.8 (10) [/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"](Top 10 NBA Player Last Decade)[/COLOR]
    Career NBA 21.8 (28) ([COLOR="Blue"]Top 28 All Time NBA Player[/COLOR])

[COLOR="Orange"]Bryant, Magic, Bird = Luckiest NBA Superstar OF ALL TIME[/COLOR]

ALL TIME...
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 06-15-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Freakin Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles

I totaly agree with you that Marcin Gortat is the 3rd best Defender in the NBA! And i agree with you that Tony Parker is the 2nd Best Player in the game!

Dude, you rock!

Made that high school varsity squad

I totaly agree with you that Marcin Gortat is the 3rd best Defender in the NBA! And i agree with you that Tony Parker is the 2nd Best Player in the game!

Dude, you rock!
    LOL! I was tempted to point out the same things and then decided it wouldn't make a difference so why bother wasting my time! LOL...

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

This is why there should be an age limit to opinions

Evidence is Right in Your Eyes and You are Avoiding it....

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    [COLOR="darkslategray"]2. Tony Parker-SAS 29.3[/COLOR] (Great Player a Top Guard in the NBA)
    So Tony Parker is the best PG in the league ? And the 2nd best player in the league ? And the best player on his own team ?

Defensive Rating

[COLOR="Blue"]1. Dwight Howard-ORL 98.4 (Best Defender in the NBA!!!!)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]2. LeBron James-CLE 99.6 [/COLOR] (2nd Best Defender in the NBA!!!)

3. Marcin Gortat-ORL 99.7
    4. Chuck Hayes-HOU 99.8
    5. Anderson Varejao-CLE 100.1
    All of those guys are on an elite defensive team (ORL, CLE, HOU). Coincidence ?

Offensive Win Shares

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]1. LeBron James-CLE 3.6 [/COLOR] (Any Other Cav Helping In the Offensive Edge? NONE!)
    [COLOR="Orange"]2. Kobe Bryant-LAL 3.3 [/COLOR] (Shares his Offense with Gasol-Odom)
    3. Chauncey Billups-DEN 2.9 (Shares his with Anthony)
    [COLOR="Orange"]4. Pau Gasol-LAL 2.7 [/COLOR] (Shares his Offense with Bryant-Odom)
    [COLOR="Blue"]5. Dwight Howard-ORL 2.6[/COLOR] (Best Center in the NBA, Got Some Offensive Help with Hedo and Lewis)
    All of those guys are on an elite offensive team. Coincidence ? Is Billups really a better offensive player than Wade who's not even on this list ?

Defensive Win Shares

[COLOR="Blue"]1. Dwight Howard-ORL 2.0 (Atleat he has a Top Defender in his Team, Rashard Lewis)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Orange"]2. Pau Gasol-LAL 1.7 [/COLOR] (Shared with Bryant-Odom)
    [COLOR="Orange"]3. Kobe Bryant-LAL 1.4 [/COLOR] (Shared with Gasol-Odom)
    [COLOR="orange"]4. Lamar Odom-LAL 1.3 [/COLOR] (Shared with Gasol and Bryant)
    [COLOR="Blue"]5. Rashard Lewis-ORL (Got Some Help for Howard, Reason why he wen`t to the Finals!!!)[/COLOR]
    What kind of f*cked up stat is that ? Gasol 2nd best ? Odom 4th ? Lewis 5th ? WTF ?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]3. Dwight Howard-ORL 4.6 [/COLOR] (Atleast Got Lewis and Hedo + Great Defender Pietrius)
    You know your stats but you can't even spell Pietrus. That hurts your credibility ....

Stop posting stats, especially garbage stats like that that 99% of this board don't even know what they mean. Do you even know ? What the hell is a win share ? An offensive win share ? A defensive win share ? A defensive rating ? And who the hell cares ?

This is why there should be an age limit to opinions

Evidence is Right in Your Eyes and You are Avoiding it....
    Evidence ? Are you kidding me ?

Da Mavs

Awesome post Mikaiel

Banned

Dude, you rock!
    If you paid attention to Gortat these playoffs then you would realize he really is a great defender, better than Howard 1 v 1. When Howard would sit and Gortat came in the defense of the Magic didn't drop at all except for shot blocking. Just cus someone doesn't have a big name and no one talks about him doesn't mean he isn't a great defender. Not saying I agree he is 3rd best in the NBA but I do think people need to stop riding the hype train that superstars get.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone112
    If you paid attention to Gortat these playoffs then you would realize he really is a great defender, better than Howard 1 v 1. When Howard would sit and Gortat came in the defense of the Magic didn't drop at all except for shot blocking. Just cus someone doesn't have a big name and no one talks about him doesn't mean he isn't a great defender. Not saying I agree he is 3rd best in the NBA but I do think people need to stop riding the hype train that superstars get.
    He's still not top 3