Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Yea but why did MJ's name have to be put into that post.. You could easily have just stated kobe was great though he didn't shoot well... Kobe played smart and that is the reason the lakers won.. TOO BAD.. I really liked his dumb side better..
    Ok.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Avaj
    For those that don't have Kobe in their top 10 how many rings does he have to win to be in the top 10??
    I don't think Kobe is top ten but he also doesn't need to win any more titles.. If he wins 2 more MVP'S and keeps PLAYING GREAT for another 4 years than he gets there.. NO TITLES NEEDED... MVP'S are needed because his stats are not overpowering.. They are great but not ridiculous..

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Where do I have Kobe?. To be honest, I have been thinking about that question for a couple days....

Without going into too much detail, off the top of my head, I have at something like 20-25, probably leaning more towards 25. I know people are going to look at me sideways for that but that's honestly where I see him at. He has the skills, no doubt, but hasn't shown he can be a true leader, which is HUGE IMO, for too long. Jordan was the same way, but bounced back better in IMO and kept a run going that truly showed his (AND Phils') leadership and dominance. I think it says a lot when people compare your game to Michael, so I give him that. I can't see someone comparing ones game to Kobe's in 15-20 years though....

Now, Kobe stays in a leadership role, wins rings, or maybe even doesn't win any rings, I still think he will be included in a Top 10 discussion. As of right now I cannot see it.
    Can you please list which 24 players, in no order even, would you put ahead of Kobe Bryant as of now.

Not airballing my layups anymore Avaj's Avatar

I don't think Kobe is top ten but he also doesn't need to win any more titles.. If he wins 2 more MVP'S and keeps PLAYING GREAT for another 4 years than he gets there.. NO TITLES NEEDED... MVP'S are needed because his stats are not overpowering.. They are great but not ridiculous..
    MVP'S mean nothing without the ring, ask Lebron

Made that high school varsity squad

WOW ,TALK ABOUT NOT KNOWING BBALL HISTORY.. LOL
    HOW CAN WE TAKE ANYTHING THIS GUY POSTS SERIOUSLY?
    My mistake. Again... and I did mention it in my initial post... I wasn't saying it to say Kobe had better stats than Jordan. Just that those are pretty impressive numbers. Jordanesque if you will. Try to take it easy with the caps.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Avaj
    MVP'S mean nothing without the ring, ask Lebron
    or Malone or Barkley.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    What? Stupid Put together win share, +/-/*/%/#/@/! type stats? That has Steve Kerr at the top of list? Per 36min * substitution pattern divided 2 Foul shots????.....Get your Impact Fraud Stats the F*ck out of here....You=Exposed for making Stupid remixed stats>>Over Winning....

[COLOR="Magenta"]Go To Your Little Stat Riddle World And[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]C[/COLOR][COLOR="LemonChiffon"]K[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]I[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]T[/COLOR]
    [SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Pure Stats don`t tell much

BUT BROKEN DOWN STATS...Such as EFF, PER and Statistical +/- TELL THE REAL STORY.

Win Share = Teams
    Defensive Shares = Teams
    Offensive Win Shares = Teams

Share = Sharing = Teams (The Better Players You Play The Better that Will Show Up)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORT = Player
    DRT = Player
    PER = Player
    EFF = Player
    Statistical +/- = Player

Winning? = Teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russell > Wilt, Jordan everyone than that`s a lie and insult to anyone who thinks

Sorry but Impact and Efficiency is REALITY not MVPs, Not Votings, Not Hype...

PERIOD

PER: Pure Efficiency Impact Per Minute...Talent-Skill + Physical Gifts
    EFF: Pure Efficiency Per Game, Season and Career
    Staststical +/-: Total Impact!

Coincidently all The Top Players of All TIme are in the Top: Jordan N

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Oh give me a ****ing break . By that logic I would totally discount Kobe's 3rd championship. That has a bigger asterisk than anything in NBA history. I would also discount this year's championship due to Yao going down in the 2nd round. I could easily see Houston winning 1 more game with him healthy.
    Uh, no. I don't place asterisks based on gossip and speculation.

Fact of the matter is in '99 it was a half season. Rankings were all f*cked up. Bizarre things happened in the playoffs as an 8th seed went in to the finals (just a coincidence this happens in the season where 40% of the games weren't played). If anything Lakers were hurt the most as Shaq usually doesn't get in form/shape till the end of the season and Kobe was still improving.

In '07 the real championship series was decided directly by the league's actions when they had the option to use better judgement.

These two years are probably the biggest asterisk years in NBA history, with '99 being the biggest.

Banned

[QUOTE=Sir Charles][SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Pure Stats don`t tell much

BUT BROKEN DOWN STATS...Such as EFF, PER and Statistical +/- TELL THE REAL STORY.

Win Share = Teams
    Defensive Shares = Teams

Share....

ORT = Player
    DRT = Player
    PER = Player
    EFF = Player
    Statistical +/- = Player

Winning? = Teams

Russell > Wilt, Jordan everyone than that`s a lie and insult to anyone who thinks

PERIOD

Staststical +/-: Total Contribution

Da Mavs

[QUOTE=Sir Charles][SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Blue"]Pure Stats don`t tell much

Win Share = Teams
    Defensive Shares = Teams

Share = Sharing = Teams (The Better Players You Play The Better that Will Show Up)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORT = Player
    DRT = Player
    PER = Player
    EFF = Player
    Statistical +/- = Player

Winning? = Teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERIOD

Staststical +/-: Total Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    turrible.

too bad stats don't win you titles
    [COLOR="Orange"]Even his favorite player knows that.[/COLOR]

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Houston wouldn't have forced a Game 7 if Yao wasn't out. Him being gone opened up the floor for Aaron Brooks.
    You do know Aaron Brooks had a great game 1 with Yao going off for 28 pts.

Whoa hang on a second. I remember last year when L. Kizzle (I think it was him) made that ISH Top 100 players of all time, and Kobe came in at 24th. Now, just by wining one, ONE, ring, he's catapulted to 10th? Something doesn't seem right there....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Whoa hang on a second. I remember last year when L. Kizzle (I think it was him) made that ISH Top 100 players of all time, and Kobe came in at 24th. Now, just by wining one, ONE, ring, he's catapulted to 10th? Something doesn't seem right there....
    Kobe at 24 back then was a joke...People put fricken Stockton over him. After a while people were voting just to keep Kobe out

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Cause one poster said it it's true?

A ring w/o Shaq and Finals MVP were the only things Kobe was missing, it is a big catapult.