Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Who Is The Tallest Person You Have Ever Met?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    make sure you include how tall they are not just their names. i dont know who tim mccormick is
    google is a helpful tool.

Bol'd over

I used to play ball with two guys who were both 7'1", I'm originally from a small town in Australia where there are a lot of tall people in the area. I'm 6'8" myself and they both tower over me, I'm about nose-high on them.
    Last edited by Manute for Ever!; 06-17-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

The guy on my avatar Shagari Alleyne. Met him at a recent Harlem Globetrotter game (I am not telling where because that would be revealing my location lol). He's 'only' 7,4" but in person he seemed MASSIVE. I am 5,9" and I am a good 4-5" lower than his shoulder height.
    Btw, I've always noticed that people with higher shoulder height almost always appear talller. For example, Shagari may be an inch than Yao, but he would probably look as big if not bigger in real life (even though I've never met Yao) because he has a very short neck and very high shoulders.
    Last edited by supersmashbros; 06-16-2009 at 11:58 PM.

My 6'7" cousin. Built like a brick sh!thouse too.

Some dude who said he was 608. It was the first time I had ever seen anyone do a standing dunk (one or two steps maybe, essentially standing) in a pickup game. Running dunks I've seen plenty of them.

It may not sound impressing to some of you guys, but seeing it really does look spectacular when you see it for the first time ever, especially when it comes off a beautiful pick and roll, and surrounded by defenders (albeit small compared to him). And no, I can't dunk, which may be why it looked more awesome to me than it maybe actually was.

Skillset-wise, he didn't have too much on him, and maybe a little soft (he seemed to like shooting mid-range jumpers for some reason), but because he was towering over everybody (the second tallest guy would've been 603 at best, and that's pushing it) he was still quite a useful player.

And yes, I realise through reading this thread that 608 seems to be nothing, but throughout my life, for some reason I've had limited exposure to huge motherphuckers.

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

I had a coach who is 6'8.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junny

And yes, I realise through reading this thread that 608 seems to be nothing, but throughout my life, for some reason I've had limited exposure to huge motherphuckers.
    Yeah, I've met a few extremely tall (6,10" plus) ppl relatively recently. There's also some 40 something year old white dude in the area I current live who's definitely 7 foot something. But I have yet to have MET anyone who's as tall/taller than my standing reach (which is 7,6-7,7"). And as I mentioned b4, a long neck and low shoulders gives the illusion of being shorter.

6'10 gan mcgee

met him outside a bar in san luis obispo

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    in my whole life the tallest person i have met was 7'4 Ralph Sampson. i met him at a high school basketball game his son was playing at

i also met some 6 foot 11 guy today at the gym. he could throw it down like KG
    this topic was started by the guy whose user title is "size doesn't matter".

I'm in high school, but we had 2 teams, under-16 and under-19 team, the under-19s played against a team with a 7'2 guy, he was an absolute monster, and scored 55 points, but it was only because nobody on our team was over 6'3. We still won though, 72-66.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    I'm in high school, but we had 2 teams, under-16 and under-19 team, the under-19s played against a team with a 7'2 guy, he was an absolute monster, and scored 55 points, but it was only because nobody on our team was over 6'3. We still won though, 72-66.
    WHAT!?!?!???? Everybody else on the other team combined to score a grand total of 11 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Junny
    WHAT!?!?!???? Everybody else on the other team combined to score a grand total of 11 points?
    Pretty much, apart from the 7 footer they were all ridiculously crap. I mean, they were on a fast break, one guy threw a long pass and managed to get a wide open guard right under the basket. He blew two straight lay ins with nobody guarding him.

Value Ape.

I had a co worker who was 6'7"

Don Ford comes into my business sometimes. He is probably a lil taller...

I met Hurb Williams at a basketball camp the year after he retired. He's 6' 11".

That i've met and interacted with, Todd McCollough. That I've seen was Giant Gonzalez from the WWE.