Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimbledon 2009

Default Re: Wimbledon 2009

Well the t[COLOR="Black"]w[/COLOR]at got in trouble, but what a shame that he won. I used to hate him, then I upgraded him in my list to 'only' disliking him. Now I absolutely hate him again. I really hope Ferrero is gonna teach him a lesson.
    But please, don't let this guy win the tournament.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bisk
    Well the t[COLOR="Black"]w[/COLOR]at got in trouble, but what a shame that he won. I used to hate him, then I upgraded him in my list to 'only' disliking him. Now I absolutely hate him again. I really hope Ferrero is gonna teach him a lesson.
    But please, don't let this guy win the tournament.
    Can't stand Murray either. I don't know why, it's just the face and he comes off as really arrogant to me. He played a great match, though. He seemed kinda sluggish in the first set but then he showed some emotion, adjusted to the conditions and got back into the game. Here's to Ferrero taking him out.

If not, he faces the winner of Roddick/Hewitt, right? Roddick seems to be on track of getting to the SF, can't see Hewitt taking him out.

I am Chris Wilcox

I'm putting my money on Hewitt in the next match. The guy has really stepped it up big time. Who watched his 5 setter yesterday? He went down 2-0 and then stormed back and won the final 3 sets. Stephanek looked great aswell in the first 2 sets and then he just crumbled. Hewiit looked great, it'd be hard to bet against him.

Murray's match was very exciting aswell. He didn't look to great to start off with, but then got his sh!t together in the next 2 sets and then convincingly finished off the 5th set.

The reason the BBC are riding him, is because there hasn't been a British winner of Wimbledon since Fred Perry won it 1936. So ofcourse the BBC are going to ride him.

Local High School Star

The Williams sisters have fu*king dominated this ish. Can't wait for their rematch from last year.

Ivo and Fed should be a good one. Expecting a few tiebreaks since I don't see Fed breaking Karlovic's serve.

I'm putting my money on Hewitt in the next match. The guy has really stepped it up big time. Who watched his 5 setter yesterday? He went down 2-0 and then stormed back and won the final 3 sets. Stephanek looked great aswell in the first 2 sets and then he just crumbled. Hewiit looked great, it'd be hard to bet against him.
    That's definitely true. Hewitt taking out Del Potro has been the upset of the tournament for me. He also looked great in the Stepanek match like you mentioned. Roddick has played great as well. He seems focused and prepared. Should be a good one.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23
    The Williams sisters have fu*king dominated this ish. Can't wait for their rematch from last year.

Ivo and Fed should be a good one. Expecting a few tiebreaks since I don't see Fed breaking Karlovic's serve.

That's definitely true. Hewitt taking out Del Potro has been the upset of the tournament for me. He also looked great in the Stepanek match like you mentioned. Roddick has played great as well. He seems focused and prepared. Should be a good one.
    I'm slightly annoyed, because both the Murray match and the Hewitt match are the second matches of the day. Meaning they will be on at roughly the same time. So I won't be able to watch either in full, because I'll keep flipping between the two.

They should have put Hewitt on as the first match on court 1. That way I could have watched the Hewitt match in the early afternoon and then watched the Murray match later in the afternoon, but then I'd end up missing the Federer match.

Man, there are some good matches on tomorrow. Not so interested in the Djokovic match. Federer vs Karlovic should be really interesting, seeing how Roger deals with Ivo's monster serve. The Roddick and Hewitt match, to me, will probably be the match of the day and as a Brit myself, the Murray match will be entertaining. Should be a fun day.

The Hewitt game will only last 2 sets . After he'll drop the first 2, he'll retire with an injury. Don't know how he pulled that off against Stephanek.

If anyone can break Ivo's serve, it's Roger. He can read a service like nobody else. And because of the fact the Ivo almost always Serve 'n Volley, and Roger having a histrory of that, he's got a good shot at it (also having an 8-1 record against him).

Unless Ferrero plays all out, full of risk, he has no chance against Murray.

And Haas against Djokovic...meh. Rematch of the Halle final I believe where Tommy beat Nole. 50/50 this time though. I feel Novak will take this one after a long 5 setter.

So I think Roddick - Murray, and Roger - Nole for the semifinals.

Local High School Star

Fed/Ivo game's about to start. Hopefully it's an interesting one.

Decent playground baller

Fed won the first set. Karlovic such a fast server! Good thing Fed's service game has been great this tournament.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by bisk
    The Hewitt game will only last 2 sets . After he'll drop the first 2, he'll retire with an injury. Don't know how he pulled that off against Stephanek.

If anyone can break Ivo's serve, it's Roger. He can read a service like nobody else. And because of the fact the Ivo almost always Serve 'n Volley, and Roger having a histrory of that, he's got a good shot at it (also having an 8-1 record against him).

Unless Ferrero plays all out, full of risk, he has no chance against Murray.

And Haas against Djokovic...meh. Rematch of the Halle final I believe where Tommy beat Nole. 50/50 this time though. I feel Novak will take this one after a long 5 setter.

So I think Roddick - Murray, and Roger - Nole for the semifinals.
    I like your prediction, I hope Roddick does well against Murray.

I dunno why I dislike Murray as well, something about him that I do not dig at all.

Decent playground baller

Oh yeah, the Williams sisters are definitely tearin' up in this tournament.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan23

Why do people continue to doubt Federer? After all these years you'd think they would know better, but they continue to make comments like this.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Why do people continue to doubt Federer? After all these years you'd think they would know better, but they continue to make comments like this.
    true what u said, i am guilty of doubting him as well, i guess after the 08 season it has been up and down for him so everyone keeps on doubting him now. he's already on a decline but you can't take away his heart and even an old Fed is better than most of the players.

I am Chris Wilcox

Fed has been playing fantastic throughout this whole tournament. To me, he's looked as good as he ever has lately. There's really no surprise that Fed has been able to deal with Karlovic's serve fairly well.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Fed has been playing fantastic throughout this whole tournament. To me, he's looked as good as he ever has lately. There's really no surprise that Fed has been able to deal with Karlovic's serve fairly well.
    Yeah I think in this tournament, only Fed has broken him (twice already). Apart from a big serve, Karlovic doesn't seem to have other weapons.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by booonkers
    Yeah I think in this tournament, only Fed has broken him (twice already). Apart from a big serve, Karlovic doesn't seem to have other weapons.
    Yeah, but it's a deadly weapon. It's got him this far. Federer has been able to take that away from him and Karlovic hasn't been able to repsond well.