Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Prime Riddick Bowe vs. 1990's Mike Tyson

Who wins?

Riddick Bowe defeated Holyfield Twice in the 1990's, and I felt that he's one of the most underrated heavyweight champion of all time.

Prime Riddick Bowe had the size advantage, great jab, good power and a solid chin that's why I couldn't see Mike Tyson hurting him in the earlier rounds.

I could see Bowe stopping Mike Tyson in the 9th Round.

I also felt that a Prime Bowe would destroy and school the Klitschko Brothers, and dominate the current Heavyweight Division.

Tale of the Tape

Riddick Bowe

Height: 6'5"
    Reach: 81"
    Record: 43 wins, 1 losses, 1 Draw (33 KO's)

Mike Tyson

Height: 5'10"
    Reach: 71"
    Record: 50 wins, 6 losses, (44 KO's)

Banned

Default Re: Prime Riddick Bowe vs. 1990's Mike Tyson

Tyson would Knock Him out

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

IMHO, a prime Riddick Bowe would have beaten any version of Tyson. Mike never showed me the ability to adapt to his opponent or that he could handle adversity. He would have had to do both against a fighter the caliber of Bowe.

I'd take Bowe via late round TKO over any version of Tyson.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23Jordan
    Tyson would Knock Him out
    no. But he probably would've bit Bowe's nipple off, since that's as high as he could reach on Riddick.

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    no. But he probably would've bit Bowe's nipple off, since that's as high as he could reach on Riddick.

Banned

This is retarded if you were alive for both. Tyson was way more dominating in his prime. Tyson's a legend. Bowe was a champ and not much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    This is retarded if you were alive for both. Tyson was way more dominating in his prime. Tyson's a legend. Bowe was a champ and not much more than that.
    Your retarded. Tyson beat up on bums, was all hype. Bowe would've MURDERED prime Tyson. Please STFU like you know boxing, because you clearly don't

Banned

Your retarded. Tyson beat up on bums, was all hype. Bowe would've MURDERED prime Tyson. Please STFU like you know boxing, because you clearly don't

Look lil kid, if you were alive for both and not a blind retard it was obvious Tyson was dominating to the point of being feared like no boxer was. Bowe was a good figher but in their primes Tyson blows him away.

You're either one of them boxing purist ******s that only likes jab and move fighters, or a blind 7 yr old retard.

1990's Mike? You mean the post-prison mike? That old man? lol he couldn't even beat Holyfield, and Holyfield was so washed up at that point, he had to resort to headbutting tactic.

Prime Tyson however, will knock out anyone from any era.

Look lil kid, if you were alive for both and not a blind retard it was obvious Tyson was dominating to the point of being feared like no boxer was. Bowe was a good figher but in their primes Tyson blows him away.

You're either one of them boxing purist ******s that only likes jab and move fighters, or a blind 7 yr old retard.
    Great post f*ckstick.

Answer me this genius. Who the f*ck did Tyson ever beat? I know he was completely manhandled by Buster Douglas and Holyfield, but really, who did he ever beat. All he did was smash scared ass bums that Don King put in front of him. When he actually fought a bum who wasn't scared(Buster Douglas) he was exposed. Bowe would not have been scared, he would of pummled Tyson from the outside. I honestly would bet every penny I had if this hypothetical matchup could happen.

Banned

Great post f*ckstick.

Answer me this genius. Who the f*ck did Tyson ever beat? I know he was completely manhandled by Buster Douglas and Holyfield, but really, who did he ever beat. All he did was smash scared ass bums that Don King put in front of him. When he actually fought a bum who wasn't scared(Buster Douglas) he was exposed. Bowe would not have been scared, he would of pummled Tyson from the outside. I honestly would bet every penny I had if this hypothetical matchup could happen.

This isn't even an argument jackass. Any boxing fan will tell you Tyson in his prime is a legend. Bowe was just a champ. You think i'm going to waste my time trying to convince some punk 7 yr old on a bball forum right from wrong? Common sense from stupid?

You're just a dumbass

This isn't even an argument jackass. Any boxing fan will tell you Tyson in his prime is a legend. Bowe was just a champ. You think i'm going to waste my time trying to convince some punk 7 yr old on a bball forum right from wrong? Common sense from stupid?

You're just a dumbass
    Runaway with your tail between your legs you f*ckin clown

Banned

Runaway with your tail between your legs you f*ckin clown

dude its common sense. All you can talk about is when Tyson was old and washed up. You think his prime was Holyfield or Douglass? Like i said lil boy, you're just as dumb as the Kobe fans comparing him to MJ with this ****

Is this a joke?

It seems to be that most boxing fans pick against Mike as it seems to make them look more knowledgable. In actual fact it does the complete opposite. Mike in his prime, before prison, was possibly the greatest fighter ever. The guy was one of the best, if not the best techincal, yes technical boxers there has ever been. Furthermore, hitting power, it was off the charts. Though another facet of Mike's that gets underrated is his speed and defense. Mike was incredibly conditioned, to the point where he was always moving in the ring, and always had his head weaving going. Furthermore his punching speed was amazing. There was a report posted on youtube that showed Mike laying out 4 punch combos in under a second. I mean for a heavyweight, that is just damn incredible.

Mike Tyson is, and always will be the most underrated boxer of all time, most likely due to the competition he faced, which is overblown, and due to the character he was off and on the court. Boxing fans refuse to give him credit because of this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Is this a joke?

It seems to be that most boxing fans pick against Mike as it seems to make them look more knowledgable. In actual fact it does the complete opposite. Mike in his prime, before prison, was possibly the greatest fighter ever. The guy was one of the best, if not the best techincal, yes technical boxers there has ever been. Furthermore, hitting power, it was off the charts. Though another facet of Mike's that gets underrated is his speed and defense. Mike was incredibly conditioned, to the point where he was always moving in the ring, and always had his head weaving going. Furthermore his punching speed was amazing. There was a report posted on youtube that showed Mike laying out 4 punch combos in under a second. I mean for a heavyweight, that is just damn incredible.

Mike Tyson is, and always will be the most underrated boxer of all time, most likely due to the competition he faced, which is overblown, and due to the character he was off and on the court. Boxing fans refuse to give him credit because of this.

A lot of it is because newer generations have seen him do the crazy stuff like biting, tatooing his face, and still looking big but not having that fire. People don't realize how feared Tyson was in his prime and how much he dominated the sport. He was right there with Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan as some of the most memorable entertainers of the 80's. I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan, but i loved watching MJ play, and Tyson fight back then. That was basically my whole sports world.