Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Riddick Bowe vs. 1990's Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    A lot of it is because newer generations have seen him do the crazy stuff like biting, tatooing his face, and still looking big but not having that fire. People don't realize how feared Tyson was in his prime and how much he dominated the sport. He was right there with Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan as some of the most memorable entertainers of the 80's. I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan, but i loved watching MJ play, and Tyson fight back then. That was basically my whole sports world.
    You said it. He was entertaining. And I grew up during the 80's, I saw plenty of his fights, not just a youtube vid of his knockouts. He was a destroyer of bums, that is until he met Buster Douglas BEFORE prison. Riddick Bowe was 44-1, the ONE loss coming in a decision against Evander Holyfield, who Bowe beat two other times. A guy who completely destroyed Tyson, who was also well out of his prime. Bowe was more of a headcase than Tyson, coming to matches embarrassingly out of shape which is why HE is the one underrated, not Mike Tyson like the other clown Plowking stated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    You said it. He was entertaining. And I grew up during the 80's, I saw plenty of his fights, not just a youtube vid of his knockouts. He was a destroyer of bums, that is until he met Buster Douglas BEFORE prison. Riddick Bowe was 44-1, the ONE loss coming in a decision against Evander Holyfield, who Bowe beat two other times. A guy who completely destroyed Tyson, who was also well out of his prime. Bowe was more of a headcase than Tyson, coming to matches embarrassingly out of shape which is why HE is the one underrated, not Mike Tyson like the other clown Plowking stated.

Why do you keep talking about Buster like he was some good fighter? That **** would've never happened when Tyson was in his prime. That was exactly where he started going downhill.

I saw Bowe fight a lot. He's from DC near where i live but there is no way you could put him on Tyson's level in his prime. Just no f'in way and its a goddamn travesty anyone would even try to reinvent history like that

Don't worry about him Smokee, he will just tell you the sport is rigged just like the NBA, and that every finals is decided by the commisioner of the sport. Forget him, it's only time the conspiracy theories start popping up from his side.

Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Why do you keep talking about Buster like he was some good fighter? That **** would've never happened when Tyson was in his prime. That was exactly where he started going downhill.

I saw Bowe fight a lot. He's from DC near where i live but there is no way you could put him on Tyson's level in his prime. Just no f'in way and its a goddamn travesty anyone would even try to reinvent history like that
    Douglas put Tyson on the canvas on Feb 11, 1990. TYSON WAS 24 YEARS OLD!!! WTF are you talking about??? You and Plowking should just run away. You are both epic f*ckin failures. Tyson was an overhyped bum, Riddick would've smashed him. Now GTFO.

Douglas put Tyson on the canvas on Feb 11, 1990. TYSON WAS 24 YEARS OLD!!! WTF are you talking about??? You and Plowking should just run away. You are both epic f*ckin failures. Tyson was an overhyped bum, Riddick would've smashed him. Now GTFO.
    Funnily enough it was at the time Tyson's mentor Kevin Rooney had left him. Another coincidence was right after this he completely forgot what he was taught and started going for the one punch K.O. from the very beginning of the fight.

If you knew anything about Tyson or his career you would know that once D'Amato died, and Rooney left him, he was a complete mess. The Tyson with Rooney by his side would have destroyed Bowe, and easily may I add.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    It seems to be that most boxing fans pick against Mike as it seems to make them look more knowledgable. In actual fact it does the complete opposite. Mike in his prime, before prison, was possibly the most overrated athlete ever.
    Fixed your post.

My goodness... Tyson is so overrated by the masses that it makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even muster up the energy to respond to the idiocy in this thread.

Man, some people sure do like putting Tyson up on an invincible pedestal... What do you think about this article?
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-misunderstood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryV4G4wLdFk

THIS IS HOW THE FIGHT WOULD END^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryV4G4wLdFk

THIS IS HOW THE FIGHT WOULD END^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah... Because Bowe was exactly like Razor Ruddock... Btw, Tommy Morrison knocked out Ruddock in two rounds a couple of years after Tyson beat him. Real quality win, there.

Vitali Klitschko would put up a better fight against Bowe than a pre/post/whateverthe****ever version of Tyson. Mentally Mike had deteriorated tremendously by the time of his first loss, but he never beat anyone. Looked great against cans? Sure. One of the most destructive of all time? Yeah. But he never beat anybody.

People always hate on the K-brothers because their competition is weak, but Vitali is a damn fine boxer. Would have been a damn fine boxer in any era. Cat's had some real bad luck with injuries and cuts but he's a much better fighter than his brother.

90s Tyson was absolute garbage. Bowe would easily win.

prime riddick bowe would probably knock out 1990's mike tyson but prime mike tyson in the late 80's would stand a great chance against anyone in their prime.

tyson knocked him out cold the previous round, and douglas got up to an obvious long count by the referee..

so on one corner, you got an overly-motivated douglas whose been training hard and whose mother just passed 2 weeks prior to the fight... and on the other you got a tyson who's been partying, got knocked out by his sparring partner, and doesn't give a fukc about training..

and STILL, tyson knocked him out, and should have won if the referee counted at normal pace...

just saying.. and i'm not pretending to be an expert cause i'm not (RBA ), i'm just stating the facts..

Mike Tyson gets more excuses made for him than any other athlete in the history of sports. If he was so mentally fragile, that he could not handle losing his mentors, then he was not that great in the first place. As for the question, give me Riddick Bowe, who in my opinion never lost to Evander Holyfield.

NBA rookie of the year

As for the question, give me Riddick Bowe, who in my opinion never lost to Evander Holyfield.
    Bowe knocked his ass out in their 3rd fight. Explain that.