Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Riddick Bowe vs. 1990's Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    This argument is as retarded as the Kobe comparisons to MJ
    After reading your posts in this thread, it is an absolute oxymoron to be calling anyone else 'retarded.' Your posts lack any semblance of historical perspective or intelligence, for that matter.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Nope... He always lacked intelligence... Inside and out of the ring. He also always lacked discipline... Inside and outside the ring. Cus let him get away with everything just short of murder.

Tyson is/always was a mental midget and that is a serious pitfall for any fighter. Boxing is about more than physical tools. It is called the sweet science for a reason.

An old Holyfield would have owned any version of Tyson. The argument that Tyson's prime spanned from 18-20 years of age is laughable at best. People refuse to accept that he fought NO ONE during his short reign at the top of the division.

It is an interesting coincidence that Tyson suddenly 'got old' when he started finally fighting guys that could match his skills in the ring.

...the most overrated athlete of all-time and it isn't even close. People just don't want to accept it.
    he lacked endurance too...

take him past the 6th round and it was Mike that was the tomato can...

Banned

Nope... He always lacked intelligence... Inside and out of the ring. He also always lacked discipline... Inside and outside the ring. Cus let him get away with everything just short of murder.

Tyson is/always was a mental midget and that is a serious pitfall for any fighter. Boxing is about more than physical tools. It is called the sweet science for a reason.

An old Holyfield would have owned any version of Tyson. The argument that Tyson's prime spanned from 18-20 years of age is laughable at best. People refuse to accept that he fought NO ONE during his short reign at the top of the division.

It is an interesting coincidence that Tyson suddenly 'got old' when he started finally fighting guys that could match his skills in the ring.

...the most overrated athlete of all-time and it isn't even close. People just don't want to accept it.

thats all reinvented hindsight BS. Anyone alive back then following it could clearly see the downward spiral during which every fight you idiots are pretending to talk about were clearly a part of. y'all need to stop reinventing this BS in your heads and terrible memories.

Banned

After reading your posts in this thread, it is an absolute oxymoron to be calling anyone else 'retarded.' Your posts lack any semblance of historical perspective or intelligence, for that matter.

cominig from the boxing purist fggt that can't accept anythinig but jab and move fighters, i think you should stfu.

lmao @ Holyfield better than Tyson in his prime. You're a dumbass and probably 6 yrs old and wasn't even alive back then.

thats all reinvented hindsight BS. Anyone alive back then following it could clearly see the downward spiral during which every fight you idiots are pretending to talk about were clearly a part of. y'all need to stop reinventing this BS in your heads and terrible memories.

Yes... Because you've shown so much boxing knowledge and you've broken down Tyson's early career so well. You've done nothing but repeat the same phrases over and over.

Why don't you explain to me how the guy that beat the hell out of Mike Jameson and Jesse Furguson was completely different than the guy that beat the hell out of Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon. Let's hear your breakdown Mr. Expert.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

cominig from the boxing purist fggt that can't accept anythinig but jab and move fighters, i think you should stfu.

lmao @ Holyfield better than Tyson in his prime. You're a dumbass and probably 6 yrs old and wasn't even alive back then.
    I was out of high school...

as far as fighting technique Tyson looked no different at all than he did pre-jail...

in fact, he looked much more cut and in shape coming out of jail:

the only thing that I will admitt that did change for Tyson coming out was his attitude and mentality...

but in the ring, he looked no different to me...

he looked like the exact same Tyson that lost to Douglas...

I've forgotten far more about boxing than you'll ever know, dipsh!t.

Banned

Yes... Because you've shown so much boxing knowledge and you've broken down Tyson's early career so well. You've done nothing but repeat the same phrases over and over.

Why don't you explain to me how the guy that beat the hell out of Mike Jameson and Jesse Furguson was completely different than the guy that beat the hell out of Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon. Let's hear your breakdown Mr. Expert.

Wtf are you talking about? Were you or weren't you alive back then and into boxing? Or are you googling this ****? Its hard to believe if you were that you don't even know the time line of Tyson's downward spiral because it was front page news throughout it all, and i have no clue why the hell you keep bringing up **** that was clearly during his downside as his prime.

Its just common sense if you were into boxing at all back then but thats why arguing this is just as stupid as trying to argue MJ vs Kobe because its pointless, you can't win with people who didn't see it. Its just a shame how you alzheimer retards reinvent reality

Banned

I've forgotten far more about boxing than you'll ever know, dipsh!t.

I knew you were a nerd-ass purist fggt. People like you see things one sided and having to fit a mold to be good so you end up with the retard perspective you have. You can't give credit where credit is due because they don't fit it.

You know i'm right. Lots of *****es like you for every sport

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I was out of high school...

as far as fighting technique Tyson looked no different at all than he did pre-jail...

in fact, he looked much more cut and in shape coming out of jail:

the only thing that I will admitt that did change for Tyson coming out was his attitude and mentality...

but in the ring, he looked no different to me...

he looked like the exact same Tyson that lost to Douglas...

Thats what i said earlier. He was still fit and if anyting looked stockier, but everyone knew his psyche wasn't there, and back then everyone pinned it on Rooney controlling him vs Don King giving him whatever he wanted. And even then he was doing **** like headbutts, biting off ears, it was obvious he was ****ed up in the head. Boxers don't do **** like that, especially ones that have been through the amount of fights he's had. If anything prison might've ****ed him up more, and he hired those muslim jail guys to manage him or some **** if i remember right : Either way Tyson during that time was completely different than the prime one, and its too bad people reinvent because they forget all of the things that happened in and outside of boxing that made the spiral obvious.
    Last edited by Smokee; 06-24-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Sure Tyson was a mental midget, lacked intelligence, lacked confidence, lacked any mental capacity, weak, etc etc. That's why you have people like Cus around him to help him in that area. With his trainer, he was very smart, disciplined and had the ultimate confidence in himself. Without, he was a weak man, back to being a ghetto kid, easily exposed.

Legendary trainer, blinding speed, animal ferocity, multiple combinations, advanced techniques, deadly power, impeccable defense and ultimate confidence. Unbeatable. Tyson will KO anyone from any era on any given night.

ok RBA got me..

mike tyson IS over-rated..

but can we atleast agree that tyson is one of the fastest, strongest, most skilled heavyweight ever? i'm not a boxing expert, but i'm familiar with the big names. i don't think i've ever seen a heavyweight move like that. ali was fast, but tyson was a different kinda fast. he was quick on his feet, slipped under jabs, threw the hook to the body and finished with an uppercut. i've never seen punches landed with such power and accuracy like that..

if you have, link me

someone aware him..

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

The Top 10-15 of what, btw? Please tell me you are not talking about pound-for-pound, all-time. Even if you are talking about Top 10-15 heavyweights all-time, that is ridiculous.

He should not be rated in front of Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, or Riddick Bowe... And those are just guys that were in his own f#cking era.
    Everyone rates him over Bowe. And I was talking about Heavyweights. You think he was the same fighter after the late 80s, most do not. And I don't agree that he dominated every good fighter he faced if he was better than them. I saw no domination of Razor Ruddock among several others. That theory doesn't fly.

What also doesn't fly is talking about what the majority of fans thought. I'm not talking about fans, I'm talking about people who know boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    ok RBA got me..

mike tyson IS over-rated..

but can we atleast agree that tyson is one of the fastest, strongest, most skilled heavyweight ever? i'm not a boxing expert, but i'm familiar with the big names. i don't think i've ever seen a heavyweight move like that. ali was fast, but tyson was a different kinda fast. he was quick on his feet, slipped under jabs, threw the hook to the body and finished with an uppercut. i've never seen punches landed with such power and accuracy like that..

if you have, link me
    Tyson did have freakish athleticism, but not the GOAT athleticism in HW history. In fact, there was a boxer that very few casual boxing fans have even seen that may have been the most physically skilled HW that I have ever seen.

His name was Ike Ibeabuchi. He gave David Tua his first loss in one of the greatest heavyweight fights of all-time. He also KOed Chris Byrd in brutal fashion. Unfortunately, he was batsh!t insane and ended up holding a prostitute hostage because he thought that she was the devil.

He is still in jail. His boxing career ended with an undefeated record and he was on the verge of taking over the division when he was arrested.

Ibeabuchi was like a Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson hybrid with the chin of Ali.

Here he is brutally brutalizing Chris Byrd with an uppercut/hook punch that became known as Ibeabuchi's 'hookercut.'

Here is a highlight package of his fight against Tua. It is my personal opinion that Tua was never the same after this fight. Ibeabuchi took everything that Tua could throw and didn't even flinch. He hit Tua with some absolutely brutal combinations. Btw, this highlight package consists of mainly Tua highlights. There were far more Ike highlights in the fight that aren't shown, but this shows the kind of chin that Ike had.

I think the whole fight is on youtube. If you get some time, watch it.

The sports world really missed out when Ibeabuchi went nuts. I believe that he would have beaten Lennox Lewis... And I hold Lewis in very high regard. Ike had the physical tools to be one of the best heavyweights of all-time. Hell... I think Tua may have beaten Lewis had he not run into Ibeabuchi first. Tua was a great, great fighter that literally had years taken off of his career in that one fight.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-24-2009 at 03:00 AM.