Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Default Re: Players with million dollar move and ten cent finishes

Courtney Leeeee
    If you put him on the list then it was Stan Van Gundy that had the million dollar move. Lee with the 10 cent finish.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Fisher misses a lot of layups.
    With all due respect, he's no where where he use to be. Three-Four years ago they were money, now that he's lost a step and his small bulky size... no such thing as a open layup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Sebastian Telfair is way high on this list. You have to watch him play. That is a big reason why he isn't as good as people thought. It's ridiculous. If he was finishing, he could be a weapon.
    This.

It also comes from his inability to just dunk it in, his lack of ups or bounce is shocking for a NBA PG.

Bargnani. He can shake off his man anytime he wants but needs to know when to pull up or take it strong to the rim.

Banned

Al Thornton

I agree with Telfair. He can get by his man pretty easily, but usually screws a layup.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicman
    I hate to say it, because hes my favourite player, but everytime Ray Allen takes it to the rack, I cringe

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    After watching Gerald green this year with the Mavs, he is one of those guys. Man, he would do a move to free himself up that would look spectacular then brick the damn shot.

Kidd does that with layups too, btw. Kidd would make two guys miss to get to the rim then blow the layup. Never seen a grown man miss so many layups. It is like he has writer's block around the rim. Or he has one eye still looking to pass it off and one eye on the goal and hesistates to score stoill waiting for his teammate ands decides to lay it up and misses.

Mav fans will know what I mean on Kidd. He could still average 12-14 points if he could make a layup.
    Have you met Derek Fisher? I'd put my lifesaving saying Fisher has missed more layups than anyone in the league. As soon as he's in the paint, you can forget about it. He doesn't even try to score, he's looking for the foul and never gets it.

Sasha Pavlovic. Gets the rim pretty easy but can never finish.

Jason Kidd.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Lamar Odom. I love LO but I cannot tell you how many times I've seen him make a fantastic drive through the line, get seperation from his guy with a beautiful move and then miss the layup because he takes it up soft instead of looking to slam it home.

Put yr guns up

Quote Originally Posted by CantStop
    Have you met Derek Fisher? I'd put my lifesaving saying Fisher has missed more layups than anyone in the league. As soon as he's in the paint, you can forget about it. He doesn't even try to score, he's looking for the foul and never gets it.
    Fisher doesn't have moves either, so he doesn't belong in this topic. Whenever he gets to the basket it's because someone overplayed his shot and rightfully so.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    You know, guys that'll cross you over and then miss the wide open jumper or make you bite with a ridiculous post move and then blow the layup.

The number one guy that comes to mind in this category is Boris Diaw. He'll pull out a bunch of nice shoulder fakes, drop steps, and counter moves and then miss the easy finger roll or hook shot.

Rafer Alston is another guy that'll pull of a nasty crossover or hesitation move off the dribble to create a lot of separation and then brick the jumper.

Who else fits this category?

JAY WILLIAMS AKA WHITE HERSHEY LOL

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Lamar Odom. I love LO but I cannot tell you how many times I've seen him make a fantastic drive through the line, get seperation from his guy with a beautiful move and then miss the layup because he takes it up soft instead of looking to slam it home.

This and his constant charging... frustrate the hell out of me, when it comes to Odom. Everything else about his is cool...

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Dwight howard was spinning and shakin and hooking a crap ton of clanks recently

swag

telfair can get up he is 5'11 but still can throw down