Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Why do Americans love troops so much?

Yet hate policemen? It really makes me laugh. Troops perform atrocities 10 times worse than policemen yet are treated as heroes. But I guess since their victims aren't American it really doesn't matter to the American public.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Why do Americans love troops so much?

cause troops are mistreating people abroad, while cops are mistreating americans at home

if americans were being occupied by the us military forces I'm sure there wouldn't be this love

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Yet hate policemen? It really makes me laugh. Troops perform atrocities 10 times worse than policemen yet are treated as heroes. But I guess since their victims aren't American it really doesn't matter to the American public.

This is odd. Typically the same Americans who love the troops usually also support policemen. Usually, if someone hates the cops, then they also tend to recognize military atrocities while maybe having a casual "yeah, I guess I support the troops" attitude.

NBA All-star

because of weapon of mass destruction of course

Isn't it because that's how the USA works?

NBA Superstar

Americans are retarded.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Well obviously you hate America. And you hate the American way of life which is the best way of life hands down. And you are wrong. People who hate police are criminals or have relatives in jails. Stop hating America and worry about improving your own countries legal system.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Bunch of ****tards in this thread who deserve a beating.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Bunch of ****tards in this thread who deserve a beating.
    Classic American mindset....

"They don't support all of this excess spending we do to police the world?"

"People are dying for that flag! These guys deserve a beating!"

yadda yadda

Because we never have to worry about external threats to the country. Think about how many countries would like to burn us to the ground. Now, how many are capable of actually doing this? None. That's why troops are important. Our enforcers

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Because we never have to worry about external threats to the country. Think about how many countries would like to burn us to the ground. Now, how many are capable of actually doing this? None. That's why troops are important. Our enforcers
    You don't honestly believe that?

There is no country in the world that would be stupid enough to invade America and one could argue our huge military presence around the globe dangers our national security. Occupying foreign lands and forcing freedom will only bring resentment and create enemies that pose a bigger danger than fighting these pre-emptive wars and stationing our troops around the world.

Americans would be better off with less military spending and stop revering these soldiers as champions of freedom. The only ones that benefit from our over-bloated military spending are groups like military complexes, multi-national corporations etc.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    And I wonder why on earth they'd want to do that?

Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that an American military base would be one of the first things to pop up on new land as it were discovered...

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    And I wonder why on earth they'd want to do that?

Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that an American military base would be one of the first things to pop up on new land as it were discovered...
    Unipolar system. Whether you like it or not, we are THE dominant superpower in the world which is probably a big reason why the world is relatively stable. One powerful country that can dominate anyone else is a huge deterrent to World War.

Not to mention, we are easily the most benevolent superpower in human history

I'm honestly no too fond of either group. Bunch of entitled arrogant jackasses generally.

I do have a lot of respect for war heroes though. That's some crazy shit they carry out & risk their lives doing it. I want no part of that. I can't fault the foot soldiers for being deployed, that decision wasn't up to them. Sure they signed up but the military life ain't exactly easy.