Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

Link

Forget all that good vibe about Lamar Odom re-signing with the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak’s gut feeling is that it won’t happen.

Kupchak said Monday he was “not as hopeful” of reaching a deal with Odom as he was last week. He said that the Lakers and Odom’s representative, agent Jeff Schwartz, “are not on the same page” and there are no further talks planned.

The Lakers were believed to have offered Odom $8 million-plus, but Odom has been seeking at least $10 million.

“I understand it’s a business, but I’m suprised it has taken this long to get to this point,” he said at halftime of the Lakers-Clippers Summer League game.
    I read LA offered 8.5 mill....where else does Odom expect to get that kind of money?

If he left for MLE that'd be shady, we bring in his best friend and offer him more money than anyone else wants to give him and honestly what he does deserve at this age and the salary cap going down.

Also, apparently Odom cancelled his Lakers championship DVD appearance thing for tonight....lol @ Odom thinking he's getting 10 mill.
    Last edited by D-Rose; 07-13-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Default Re: Kupchak not hopeful of re-signing Odom

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Link

I read LA offered 8.5 mill....where else does Odom expect to get that kind of money?

If he left for MLE that'd be shady, we bring in his best friend and offer him more money than anyone else wants to give him and honestly what he does deserve at this age and the salary cap going down.

Also, apparently Odom cancelled his Lakers championship DVD appearance thing for tonight....lol @ Odom thinking he's getting 10 mill.
    He can get $10 million from Portland and $11 million from OKC.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    He can get $10 million from Portland and $11 million from OKC.
    Let's be realistic though. Realistically with the cap going down to 51 mill in 2010, it is unlikely someone gives Odom 10 mill/yr.

OKC already has Jeff Green in the same mold as Odom and they're going for a youth movement.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Sucks for the Lakers.

They're going in a youth movement? Isn't the oldest guy on the roster Nick Collison?

Westbrook
    Durant
    Odom
    Green
    Collison

With Harden off the bench...I don't see why the Thunder wouldn't try.

Oh, and the Blazers...

Blake
    Roy
    Odom
    Aldridge
    Oden

Yummy...They offered Millsap 9 mill...I'm sure they'll throw down another mill on a more versatile player.

Banned

Odom to where? How is 8 mil not a good number compared to what other can offer?

I hope things dont get messed up for L.O.

I am your soldier!

Oh yeah! I'm liking this...

Odom should go to Portland or OKC. He could help both teams, plus he'd get the money he wants, plus he's got a ring now. Win-win.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Let's be realistic though. Realistically with the cap going down to 51 mill in 2010, it is unlikely someone gives Odom 10 mill/yr.

OKC already has Jeff Green in the same mold as Odom and they're going for a youth movement.
    Jeff Green is a sf that is playing out of his position. He is not a legit pf and doesn't focus in playing the paint that much. I think if they do get Odom, they will trade Green and move Odom to the pf.

Local High School Star

If Portland or OKC were interested, they would have already talked with Odom. Odom's only option is to do a sign and trade and I haven't seen any realistic ideas so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    If Portland or OKC were interested, they would have already talked with Odom. Odom's only option is to do a sign and trade and I haven't seen any realistic ideas so far.

Also that would assume that the Lakers would help in facilitating that trade...

Link

i think hes pissd cuz every laker has gotten a raise when their contract was up. and now they expect him to take about a 40% cut in salary. he should have never agreed to being a sixth man cuz it hurt his numbers. that decision cost hom about 30 million dollars.

without odom

the lakers are still a top team in the west

but odom is key in order to win a championship next year

IMO

so the lakers better pull something off and resign odom

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by chitownsfinest
    Jeff Green is a sf that is playing out of his position. He is not a legit pf and doesn't focus in playing the paint that much. I think if they do get Odom, they will trade Green and move Odom to the pf.
    Jeff Green much younger than Odom and pretty productive...why the hell would you trade him for a guy that's 2 years from being past his prime??

Portland would definetly push for Odom if Millsap gets matched. Still don't see them giving 10 mill with the cap going down to 51 and they have to max out on Roy and give Aldridge a big contract too.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    without odom

the lakers are still a top team in the west

but odom is key in order to win a championship next year

IMO

so the lakers better pull something off and resign odom
    I don't think that the Lakers need Odom to repeat. With Odom they're clearly the favorites to win, without him they're about on the same level as the other contenders.

Da Mavs

Mitch should wait and see if Odom still doesn't accept and try and do a S&T. Hinrich?