Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default How much potential does Courtney Lee have?

It's quite obvious that the Nets gave up Ryan Anderson and Vince Carter for a reason and from what I see it's because of Courtney Lee. So how much potential do you think the kid has?

I think he's a pretty good player and has a chance to be an all-star caliber player. Extremely explosive, decent shooter, a great a slasher and an underrated defender.

Courtney Lee and Devin Harris will be a sick backcourt. Hopefully Lee won't choke that much.

Default Re: How much potential does Courtney Lee have?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    It's quite obvious that the Nets gave up Ryan Anderson and Vince Carter for a reason and from what I see it's because of Courtney Lee. So how much potential do you think the kid has?
    They gave up VC because of cap space. That's the main reason. Getting a young talent like Lee is simply a bonus. Don't be deluded into thinking he's the main reason.

The conservation went like this

"We'll give you VC for expirers but you have to include Lee in the deal".

"We'll only add Lee if you give us Anderson."

"Done."

Da Mavs

I think he's a pretty good player and has a chance to be an all-star caliber player. Extremely explosive, decent shooter, a great a slasher and an underrated defender.

Courtney Lee and Devin Harris will be a sick backcourt. Hopefully Lee won't choke that much.
    Not really, it was more of a financial move because the organization is going on broke.

He's a nice young talent, don't see him as an all-star anytime soon.

Nice young player Nets got but they gave up a decent young guy in Anderson as well.

Poor man's Kevin Martin on offense. Ceiling being Raja Bell as an overall player.

I rule the local playground

At best he's Cuttino Mobley

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

he kind of reminds me of brandon roy without passing ability the way he moves

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They gave up VC because of cap space. That's the main reason. Getting a young talent like Lee is simply a bonus. Don't be deluded into thinking he's the main reason.

The conservation went like this

"We'll give you VC for expirers but you have to include Lee in the deal".

"We'll only add Lee if you give us Anderson."

"Done."
    Makes sense, Courtney Lee certainly has more potential than Ryan Anderson though, not that Anderson is a scrub, It's just that Lee is a lot better at creating for himself and his teammates. Better offensive player to make it simple. This is a good way for the Nets to get inside the 2010 sweepstakes. Vince Carter is almost at the twilight of his career, it was time to let him go maybe he'll get motivated again. Who knows?

Lee is better than Anderson, no doubt. But Anderson is a shooter. He'll fit right in with the rest of 3 point shooters on that team.

Only knock against Lee is that his game demands a much larger body. Hopefully he could bulk up.

How does brandon roy do it anyway?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Lee is better than Anderson, no doubt. But Anderson is a shooter. He'll fit right in with the rest of 3 point shooters on that team.
    He's an underrated offensive rebounder as well.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Only knock against Lee is that his game demands a much larger body. Hopefully he could bulk up.

How does brandon roy do it anyway?
    Roy is a lot bigger than Lee

Makes sense, Courtney Lee certainly has more potential than Ryan Anderson though, not that Anderson is a scrub, It's just that Lee is a lot better at creating for himself and his teammates. Better offensive player to make it simple. This is a good way for the Nets to get inside the 2010 sweepstakes. Vince Carter is almost at the twilight of his career, it was time to let him go maybe he'll get motivated again. Who knows?
    VC has been motivated.

As for Lee.. the sky is the limit. He is a very good shooter and also a pretty nice slasher...I need to watch him a little bit more for a comparison, but I like what I have seen on youtube.

As for Anderson he needs to be consistent. one game he will have a nice 20-6 game then the next game he will have a 7-1 game...

Banned

He's going to be Rashard Lewis except a legit power forward from what I see. He's obviously not going to be close to the shooter Rashard Lewis is, but Ryan Anderson spreads the floor a lot. This is the time they put Shard back at the SF and get rid of Hedo and this time get a REAL power forward who happens to shoot 3's.

It will help the Magic immensely, but Nets have a great future ahead of them in terms of talent and in terms of salary.

God

It's quite obvious that the Nets gave up Ryan Anderson and Vince Carter for a reason

Such a beast, i'm mad jealous.

Courtney should just go to the wnba. they won't know he's a dude looking at his birth certificate. besides he can't rebound or pass for shyyytt

Orlando 2010 Champs oballers4life's Avatar

-Strong
    -Poised
    -Explosive
    -Young
    -Atheltic
    -Great Shooter
    -Smart

I see him as a potential Rip Hamilton and at worst a more athletic Raja Bell

Saw a basketball once

I think he was a lot of potential, he was all the attributes of a future star.