Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Orlando 2010 Champs oballers4life's Avatar

Default Re: How much potential does Courtney Lee have?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
    I see a lot of rip hamilton in him
    Thank You!

BingBongBrother
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He has the potential to hit a layup... just not yet.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    It's quite obvious that the Nets gave up Ryan Anderson and Vince Carter for a reason and from what I see it's because of Courtney Lee. So how much potential do you think the kid has?

I think he's a pretty good player and has a chance to be an all-star caliber player. Extremely explosive, decent shooter, a great a slasher and an underrated defender.

Courtney Lee and Devin Harris will be a sick backcourt. Hopefully Lee won't choke that much.
    When has Courtney Lee ever been a choker? Dude has been solid his whole career.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Like most rookies on teams that make it to the finals, Courtney Lee has been severely OV-ER-RATED!

i think at best courtney lee will be the next jason richardson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I see a lot of you guys talk about potenial. I dont understand how Lee can have more potenial then Ryan Anderson, considering that Lee is 3 years older then Anderson. That is why he was able to start this season and also get the minutes he got. He looks very confident and does not do a lot of mistakes, but you have to understand that he is much more experinced. He is actully older then Dwight Howard
    It doesnt matter what age you are... 23 is still young in the NBA...he isnt even close to his prime... I have seen Anderson, He is very inconsistent and is VERY soft.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

The plus about him playing in NJ is that he will have more freedom. He played a very disciplined role in ORL, so it will be interesting to see how he does on younger team where he will be able to take more chances and really push his game to the max.

Better offensively and althete to Bowen/Raja.

In the post season he really played great D. He even did a good job on Kobe, but Kobe was inhuman/in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    They gave up VC because of cap space. That's the main reason. Getting a young talent like Lee is simply a bonus. Don't be deluded into thinking he's the main reason.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    Like most rookies on teams that make it to the finals, Courtney Lee has been severely OV-ER-RATED!
    Yup. He benefited from playing with a bunch of good players.

He will be a solid role player for years to come. A bit undersized, which give him problems against bigger 2's, as we saw in the finals. He is quick, fearless and very athletic. I like his game. He can be a nice defender. He likes to take it to the rim, which is a plus anytime. I think he will be better than what people think, but he wont be a super star or anything. I dont even know if he would make an all-star team but he would make some all nba defensive team in the future. I also like how he finishes strong

wade=mvp

Quote Originally Posted by BingBongBrother
    He has the potential to hit a layup... just not yet.
    dude lol tht is just cold

I guess I'm confused. Is the irony going right over my head or do you guys actually think Courtney Lee has "potential?"

Courtney Lee has the potential to be a mediocre NBA player, just like he is right now. He's a rotation player at best, and not a rotation player that people seek out, like they do a Craig Smith or a James Posey or a Joel Przybilla. Just a mediocre player who takes up space and nobody's embarrassed to have playing maybe 15 minutes a game as a fouth guard or something.

You see Rip Hamilton in him because he's skinny and has good fundamentals for his position. But he's not Rip Hamilton; Rip Hamilton has been scoring 20 points a game rain or shine regardless of the opponent and regardless of the situation for almost a decade. When Courtney Lee hits an open jumpshot your eyebrows arch. When Rip Hamilton hits an open jumpshot you yawn and maybe change the channel. These are not even close to equal.

Courtney has a lot of likeable things about him, but look. Not every young guy who shows something here and there is destined to be an allstar.

What Courtney Lee should do is watch Raja Bell and Rip Hamilton tape 5 hours a day this summer, and aim for the effectiveness of the former in the style of the latter. That's his ceiling, and it's not a bad ceiling. And the reason it's his ceiling is that all he can really do at the NBA level is shoot open shots and try hard on defense. You love to have those guys, but there are ones who are taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
    The plus about him playing in NJ is that he will have more freedom. He played a very disciplined role in ORL, so it will be interesting to see how he does on younger team where he will be able to take more chances and really push his game to the max.
    Good point... once Harris earned his freedom from Avery Johnson he became an allstar

This is pathetic.. I see so many negative posts like i used to see about Carter... Now since VC is a magic everyone is praising him, this is not the respect he used to get here. Now since Lee is a Net I am hearing all this negative stuff about him...

Funny Thread. Lee was getting the Kawhi Leonard treatment back in the day. He failed up to live up to his hype. Lee is now an NBA journeyman at age 28.

LMAO at being good as Richardson and Hamilton.