Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Yao Ming to miss 09/10 season?

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    honestly... I will not believe anything from these mysterious sources. especially something from yahoo sports.
    Woj is a pretty decent source, I read his stuff a lot and it's usually accurate.

Another source: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...r_in_jeopardy/

Now the offer the Rockets made for Rubio makes more sense, they aren't going anywhere next season, why not try to get rubio.

honestly... I will not believe anything from these mysterious sources. especially something from yahoo sports.
    Yahoo sports are a very good source.

7-time NBA All-Star

If this is true then this is terrible news. Yao seems like a good guy and the NBA needs all of the centers they can get. Too bad we never saw his potential fully realized like in 2006-2007 when he was averaging 27, 10, 2 and 2 before his injury after 27 games. This will defintley bring back memories of Ralph Sampson for Houston fans.

I blame him playing for the Chinese National team. I even remember a freak athlete and a fully healthy guy like Lebron being worn out prior to the 2006-2007 because he played in the summer. Nevermind a guy Yao's size. The worst was when Yao played in the 2008 Olympics, he clearly shouldn't have been there.

But as of now Yahoo sports is only reporting this not ESPN, Fox Sports or NBA.com so there is still hope that it isn't true.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Yao Ming is out for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Terrible. Just couldn't get a break in his NBA career. Er, bad choice of words but I was always pulling for Yao. Seems like a great guy and wanted to see how he could perform in the playoffs with a good team fully healthy.

Doesn't look like that will happen now.
    well, this isnt a video game. Injuries are part of reality and when you have a giant like yao you can only expect a great deal of issues with his legs and feet. his bone density isnt gonna keep up with his accelerated growth. Too bad, but all of this was predictable IMO.

thats because you dont want to. They may be overstating the situation slightly, but the doctor working with him has said that his injury has no signs of healing/recovery so far, so something is clearly wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Woj is a pretty decent source, I read his stuff a lot and it's usually accurate.

Another source: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...r_in_jeopardy/
    And look at the Via, It's from Yahoo Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    thats because you dont want to. They may be overstating the situation slightly, but the doctor working with him has said that his injury has no signs of healing/recovery so far, so something is clearly wrong.
    Until more than 1 source proves so, It shouldn't mean anything. It seems to be rumor at this point that or the article writer is just making a point on why the Rockets have been so active in the trading.

NBA lottery pick

Cant catch a break. oh well. in 010 were were gonna start rebuilding anyway.hopefull wecan start fresh with bosh and joe johonson the franchie players in 010.

Default Re: Yao Ming is out for next season!

That's such a shame. Couldn't have happened to a less deserving person. How many guys work harder, are nicer, are funnier, are more effective basketball players than Yao Ming?

He and Grant Hill both. Each probably have their career cut short precisely because they were better people than they should have been (Yao pushing himself every summer for the Chinese team, Grant playing through injury in the playoffs). Both accused of being too soft to be the best, but were really just smart and calm on the court.

Houston never used him correctly anyway. They would have him out there, and have him slow down their game, but then they'd slow down the game for him but they wouldn't pass him the ball! ... that's why they did so well without him. They were never really committed to him anyway. It was Tmac's team when it wasn't Steve Francis's. They had one of the best passing centers in the league when he first came in and then they never let him be a passer; they had a top flight post scorer and basically reduced him to a guy who hit midrange jumpers a few times a game when Tmac felt like taking a play or a game or a season off.

But I never thought his career would be a real waste. That he'd go from underused to retired. When that kind of thing happens to Jonathan Bender, who cares, because Jonathan Bender sure didn't when he had the chance. But when things like this happen to Bill Waltons and Grant Hills and Yaos... it's a damn shame really.

I always thought he'd last in the league a long time. His strength was primarily lower-body, he played a finesse game, didn't really jump, ever. As long as he can jog up and down the court, it was like, why can't he play into his 40s? But now it turns out he can't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    And look at the Via, It's from Yahoo Sports.

Until more than 1 source proves so, It shouldn't mean anything. It seems to be rumor at this point that or the article writer is just making a point on why the Rockets have been so active in the trading.
    again, I agree that the yahoo writer is speculating (albeit with insider information as he mentions). But the admission last week that he is out indefinitely and that his foot injury from the playoffs (which should be close to healed based on the original prognosis) hasnt recovered at all should tell you that there is some fire behind this smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Now the offer the Rockets made for Rubio makes more sense, they aren't going anywhere next season, why not try to get rubio.
    Jonny Flynn thinks Houston will give away entire team for Rubio. Jonny Flynn thinks GM Statboy got a big woody for Rubio.

Jonny Flynn is happy if he leaves. Jonny Flynn has got self esteem issues.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Big men like Yao are usually more injury prone, and their careers are often shorten because of chronic injuries. Take 7,7" Gheorghe Muresan. He could even play into his mid 30's because of all the back problems he accumulated.

I guess these injuries mean no more Yao for any team in the NBA? Oh well, what a shame, but I suppose Yao will be remembered down in NBA history for his outstanding performance for such a big player.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    again, I agree that the yahoo writer is speculating (albeit with insider information as he mentions). But the admission last week that he is out indefinitely and that his foot injury from the playoffs (which should be close to healed based on the original prognosis) hasnt recovered at all should tell you that there is some fire behind this smoke.
    There not gonna put a story that big and risk there reputation without some legit info.

Watching him play through the injury this playoffs was impressive, and now even more meaningful as it could have been his last burn. He looked powerful, especially for dealing with the foot problem.

we all knew this day was coming. just happened a few years sooner then I expected. i feel real bad for the guy, he works so hard on his game to be brought down like this. most of the blame goes on china, but adelman played him too much as well.

there is a silver lining though. both yao and tmac will be off the books for 2010, thats enough salary for 2 max players. the rest of the team is pretty young and look promising, i dont think rebuilding will be as painful this time as it was after Hakeem left.