Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Source: Ariza agrees to sign with the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr
    Morey has been to plenty of Rockets games.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Trevor Ariza to sign with the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Can you show me some posts of people who thought he would only sign with the Cavs? I just want to know who these stupid posters are.
    I think what he means is that people think that if the lakers dont sign him and the cavs want him hes automatically going to the cavs cause he wants a ring. Not 100% sure though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    If you watched any of the rockets games, morey is in almost every game sitting next the owner les alexander. yeah, go on now. harrrrr harrrr

Very good NBA starter

best of luck to trev, hope he develops into an all star down in houston. he should probably get a new agent when the time for a new deal rolls around too

shhhhhhh

on the radio tonight they said the lakers offered him 3 years starting at 5.8 with 10% raises (the max amount he can recieve) so they turn that down and lock him into 5 years 33 miillion? the max raises he can get from the rockets is 8% so bsically he should have taken the laker money and been a free agent 2 years earlier and gone for the big pay day... lol he seriously needs to fire that guy, he royally screwed trevor on this one... i know some folks will say the lakers had their eye on artest, but they offered this contract to trevor before artest recieved an offer, if he had said yes he'd be a laker still

edit: when i say screwed trevor not because he's going to the rockets, i'm happy to see him land there, i like adleman and the front office seems to be a solid core of people, he'll do well there, take care of him rocket fans he's a keeper

What is so hard to understand about Ariza's initial contract demand having no real bearing on the Lakers personel decisions? The free agency period isnt even a week old. No one has signed anything, and no negotiations had taken place between Ariza and the Lakers. The Lakers saw an opportunity to sign Ron and they jumped for it immediately which should show everyone how little they actually valued Ariza despite all the BS they were spewing about how much they loved him after they won the title. They basically left the guy out to dry and replaced him in an afternoon without even talking it out with him.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    The MLE IS 5.6 MILL
    The contract will obviously start at that amount, but if they gave him the max raise per year (10%) it will average out at about 6.6 mill per year.

I want to thank Ariza for an awesome year wish him nothing but luck in Houston, but it was the correct choice not to offer more then the MLE.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    What is so hard to understand about Ariza's initial contract demand having no real bearing on the Lakers personel decisions? The free agency period isnt even a week old. No one has signed anything, and no negotiations had taken place between Ariza and the Lakers. The Lakers saw an opportunity to sign Ron and they jumped for it immediately which should show everyone how little they actually valued Ariza despite all the BS they were spewing about how much they loved him after they won the title. They basically left the guy out to dry and replaced him in an afternoon without even talking it out with him.
    lol you're nuttier than artest... David Lee was whining about the Lakers offer yesterday at noon pacific time... they had made an offer yesterday morning to him Lee and Kupchak talked on the phone, ESPN was reporting it in the afternoon. I"m sure they had artest in the wings but if Lee has said let me talk to trevor and we'll go from there things would have turned out different for him, instead he went running to the media and started crying about it.. Mitch goes to plan B and Trevor goes to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Torious
    The contract will obviously start at that amount, but if they gave him the max raise per year (10%) it will average out at about 6.6 mill per year.

I want to thank Ariza for an awesome year wish him nothing but luck in Houston, but it was the correct choice not to offer more then the MLE.
    Lakers can only give Artest 8% raises, he is a new signing only players who carry bird rights get 10
    Last edited by gts; 07-03-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    on the radio tonight they said the lakers offered him 3 years starting at 5.8 with 10% raises (the max amount he can recieve) so they turn that down and lock him into 5 years 33 miillion? the max raises he can get from the rockets is 8% so bsically he should have taken the laker money and been a free agent 2 years earlier and gone for the big pay day... lol he seriously needs to fire that guy, he royally screwed trevor on this one... i know some folks will say the lakers had their eye on artest, but they offered this contract to trevor before artest recieved an offer, if he had said yes he'd be a laker still
    A lot of things can happen in 3 years. He could get injured or just plain not realize his potential. He took security over the possibility of a bigger pay day later on. There's nothing wrong with that.

I'd agree, though, that his agent is a drama queen and should be fired ASAP.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoTM
    OMG everyone and there mama knew LA wanted Trevor back. David Lee tried to put Lakers in the corner with the, "Give my client 7-8-9 mill yearly or he is walking"*he didn't actually say that*. Anyone that watch Laker ball know he's only worth MLE or you can overpay to somewhere around 6+ mill but 7-8-9 million in this economy YEA RIGHT!

LA was more then happy to get Trevor back with the MLE but Lee decided to play that "Give him this much or he's walking" game. At the same time Artest was available for MLE, so why wait for Lee to budge when Artest is already there for your taking? Whatever it is, Trevor had the first option to sign but decided to let his stupid agent handle it, asked for to much, Artest was available and willing to take the MLE? OF COURSE YOU GO FOR ARTEST or you can play the waiting game then possibly end up losing both.

lol Ariza is crying and Artest is crying cause of joy

LOL JUST SIGNED ARTEST FOR 3 YEARS AT 3 MIL EACH

ITS LIKE THE GASOL TRADE ALL OVER AGAIN

ROFL LAKER 4 LIFE HAAH THATS HIGHWAY ROBBERY ROFL LAKERS = BEST FRONT OFFICE EVER

SAD KIDS

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    LOL JUST SIGNED ARTEST FOR 3 YEARS AT 3 MIL EACH

Go back to elementary school and learn how to divide.

Local High School Star

Did the Lakers say they wanted artest first or did he say he wanted to join LA first cause if artest said it I wouldnt call Lakers tthe best front office ever cause what team would say no if artest came up to them sand said he will play on their team for a FA

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Lakers can only give Artest 8% raises, he is a new signing only players who carry bird rights get 10
    Thanks, didn't know bird rights make a difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    If you watched any of the rockets games, morey is in almost every game sitting next the owner les alexander. yeah, go on now. harrrrr harrrr
    I was joking before. That's why I was laughing cause you took me seriously.