Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: The Memphis Grizzlies Are The 3rd Best Team In The West.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    they still need to upgrade from conley to be an elite team imo. i swear he's their biggest weakness in the starting 5, even if he's supposedly their best 3pt shooter, but its kind of like kidd being the mav's best 3 pt shooter, which is more a matter of teams not respecting their shots and leaving them wide open to shoot it.
    the more i watch conley, the more i realize he is the perfect point guard for the team. tinsley is a sufficient backup.

they need two things: a true 6th man, and thabeet to stay on the floor long enough to give both gasol and randolph some rest (both of those guys playing 40+ minutes a game can't last forever).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    the more i watch conley, the more i realize he is the perfect point guard for the team. tinsley is a sufficient backup.

they need two things: a true 6th man, and thabeet to stay on the floor long enough to give both gasol and randolph some rest (both of those guys playing 40+ minutes a game can't last forever).

conley gets abused by top pg's. he's so scrawny he can't defend them physically. he plays well against lesser competition but if memphis wants to improve thats where i would improve them. his shot is also very wishy washy, and his choice in floor generaling has a lot to criticize imo, even if he can fit passes in tiny holes, a lot of times there are easier/better passes to make.

i actually like thabeet. i thought he was a bust initially but after watching him he's really mobile athletic and brings that shot blocking presence they don't really have. he was a great pick for them imo since they're pretty well rounded everywhere else.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

[QUOTE=Poodle]conley gets abused by top pg's. he's so scrawny he can't defend them physically. he plays well against lesser competition but if memphis wants to improve thats where i would improve them. his shot is also very wishy washy, and his choice in floor generaling has a lot to criticize imo, even if he can fit passes in tiny holes, a lot of times there are easier/better passes to make.

i actually like thabeet. i thought he was a bust initially but after watching him he's really mobile athletic and brings that shot blocking presence they don't really have. he was a great pick for them imo since they're pretty well rounded everywhere else.[/QUOTE

you have a point about conley, but long term i think he fits cause mem should be able to retain him starting at around only 4 mil, giving them a better chance to retain the big 4.

as for thabeet, i really like him going forward...even now hes an instant difference maker on defense. im tired of the uninformed bagging on the pick. its time for those folks to go bag on jordan hill

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeump!

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

They COULD be the 3rd best team in the West, but it isnt for all the reasons OP stated.

The AI short stint was a complete failure. Mayo is reduced to a bench player. Rudy has been good, but has been injured and his team still plays well without him (Not saying if he played they wouldnt be better). And Hasheem and Hadaddi have not panned out either.

It was ZBo stepping up as the team's leader, Conley's improved play in controlling the pace of the game, Tony Allen coming into his own and Lionell Hollins morphing this team and their defensive focus.

Nonetheless props, no one saw it coming