Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Rasheed Wallace commits to Boston Celtics

This team may be old, but lets not get it twisted. Wallace DEFINATELY helps this team a lot. Not to mention he adds even more defense to an already defense oriented team.

Adding Grant Hill will also be a plus. These men all have a lot left in their tanks. Having to not play large minutes, with substitutions will also be key for them. I look forward to seeing them all play. Im hoping Garnett can come back at full health....I'd love to see a rematch with LA in the 2010 finals.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Lakers contending for championship every year ? for the next 5 years amazing really...

Remember KG got hurt last year because dude is getting old and has been playing since he was 18?
    Remember the Lakers won this year with a healthier team that would of beat Boston in 08 as well if they had healthy players.

Buck Foston!

I can't wait to sic Artest on your team. No mercy.
    Crisoner, you're one of the few Lakers fans on here that I respect, but false confidence gets you nowhere.

Its "ovah" (shameless Boston accent plug) - if one of the other western teams doesn't beat the Lakers, the Celtics wont fail.

And to respond to the other guy - I'm not convinced that the Lakers will "compete for 5 years". In a year or 2, Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate. No team with Pau Gasol as their best player is going to seriously threaten for a title.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 07-07-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Kobe will still be elite in a few years, Bynum in a few years time will hopfully be their go to guy in the post and Lakers will still be one of the favourites.

That said it is pointless looking beyond this year, as we found out this summer alot can happen before that time.

All we know now is

Lakers and Boston are the two best teams in basketball.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Crisoner, you're one of the few Lakers fans on here that I respect, but false confidence gets you nowhere.

Its "ovah" (shameless Boston accent plug) - if one of the other western teams doesn't beat the Lakers, the Celtics wont fail.

And to respond to the other guy - I'm not convinced that the Lakers will "compete for 5 years". In a year or 2, Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate. No team with Pau Gasol as their best player is going to seriously threaten for a title.
    BUT BYNUM HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL! hahaha The Lakers will not be a serious threat for 5 more years straight. Kobe will eventually age, I'd give him 3 more very good years.

The C's are old but they've got 2 or 3 more good chances with their core. I really hope we pick up Grant.

Celts/Spurs '10 finals would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    BUT BYNUM HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL! hahaha The Lakers will not be a serious threat for 5 more years straight. Kobe will eventually age, I'd give him 3 more very good years.

The C's are old but they've got 2 or 3 more good chances with their core. I really hope we pick up Grant.

Celts/Spurs '10 finals would be awesome!
    Kobe will still be playing at a high level when he is 34/35..that I'm sure of. Guess we will see down the line.

Da Mavs

Good luck dealing with LeBron once he's on a good team in 2010 not to mention the Miami Heat have no guaranteed contracts for 2010, so good luck dealing with a rejuvenated Wade

Saw a basketball once

Great signing for Boston. I think Sheed will come off the bench.

Kobe will be falling off at Iverson's rate
    you have no conception of how the game works

Iverson was a PG who relies mainly on his quickness. Kobe is a smart player, one of the smartest in the league who is one of the most polished offense players if not the most polished offense player to ever play this game. As he gets older he will adapt and continue to evolve. He will concentrate less on driving to the rim and more on his passing game and his step-back three. He will still manage to get to the rim but now he has a lot more pieces that can shoulder the burden. Plus he's only 30. Iverson started dropping at age 34 and even at age 33 he averaged 26 points a game being on the same team with Melo.

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have signed free agent center/forward Rasheed Wallace. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We are ecstatic to be able to add a player the caliber of Rasheed Wallace to our team," said Celtics President of Basketball Operations, Danny Ainge. "It is not every day that you can add a four-time All-Star and a player with championship experience."

Wallace, a 6'11", 230lbs center/forward, has averaged 15.0 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 33.9 minutes per game over his 14-year career. The former UNC Tar Heel has recorded 14 straight seasons of averaging 10 or more points, a tie for second most among active players along with new teammate Kevin Garnett and behind only Shaquille O'Neal. Wallace is one of 13 players in NBA history to make 13 consecutive appearances in the playoffs along with the likes of Kevin McHale, Bob Cousy, Robert Parish and Bill Russell. Wallace also is one of only three players in NBA history to have recorded 150 three-point field goals, 150 blocks and 100 steals in his postseason career joining Scottie Pippen and Robert Horry.

The fourth overall pick in the 1995 NBA Draft has made four All-Star teams in his career (2000, 2001, 2006, 2008). Wallace has made two trips to the NBA Finals with the Detroit Pistons (2003-04 and 2004-05 seasons) winning the NBA Championship in the 2003-04 season. Wallace joins Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan as the only four active players that have posted 15,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 1,500 assists and 1,000 blocks in their careers.

Press Conference tomorrow at 4PM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Press Conference tomorrow at 4PM EST.
    These guys will need this...

When the regular season comes to past.

Well at least one of them will need it for sure.

Why would they need a wheelchair? Its amazing to see how pissed you are that we have the strongest front court in the league.Stay classy Laker fans.

The wheelchair/walker jokes make you look like a jackass..KG isnt old whatsoever and still will get some MVP votes next year..and Rasheed is a 35 yr old who brings alot to the table off the bench.
    Last edited by TruthKGRay3412; 07-08-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Sheed will rock #30.Good guess on that photoshop.

Learning to shoot layups rifleman's Avatar

Classicly enough, this was my fantasy squad in Live 2000 (Duncan on the cover).

PG - Ray Ray (passing don't mean squat in Live00)
    SG - PP
    SF - 'Toine
    PF - Sheed
    C - KG

And yes, we did go 82-0. The 2009/10 real life version aint as crazy, but still has plenty of potential to go all the way. I like the balance Rondo and Perk give. I like Sheed and House as X Factors (with their negative points). Injuries are a big concern - does anyone know how KG is doing? I am yet to believe in the youth (Pruitt, Walker, Gittens) - there are plenty others that I would have liked to have seen drafted, but I hope they prove me wrong. And I am keen to seem what happens with the Biannual ex, and with Scal's contract.

C