Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mavericks Acquire Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Duncan has been "hurt" the past few years. It's not gonna change
    He was in a lot of pain during that series. Yes, he's always got something or another but his movment was hampered during that series. Dallas fans want to rewrite history and say Duncan was 100% and Dallas just kicked their ass, go ahead. I still say SA looks a bit better than Dallas. Dallas we don't even know if they get Gortat, who will start in their lineup, can their two SF's coexist, etc, SA - its basically plug Jefferson in, less defense, more offense, hope everyone is healthy.

Da Mavs

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

I think Dallas is above Denver and Portland or at least on their level now.

Depending on if San Antonio stays healthy (unlikely), Mavs could surpass them.

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I think Dallas is above Denver and Portland or at least on their level now.

Depending on if San Antonio stays healthy (unlikely), Mavs could surpass them.
    But its close right? It's not a slam dunk. That's just my point.

"OK, let's just recap what's going on, so we're all up to speed......."

Dallas "So we're all in agreement!!! We get Shawn Marion, sounds good."

Orlando "Trade exception for us.....great."

Toronto "Get Turkoglu and young players....we're happy."

Memphis "Stackhouse, save some cash, draft pick....let's do it."

New York "Curry on the move....save some cap space....fair enough."

"OK, everyone let's call it a night....we'll make it official in the morning by calling the league office and then- WAIT A SECOND....Donnie Walsh, who let you in here!!!!!"
    Last edited by bagelred; 07-09-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Banned

Jawai also goes to Dallas, will his heart condition allow him to play?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He was in a lot of pain during that series. Yes, he's always got something or another but his movment was hampered during that series. Dallas fans want to rewrite history and say Duncan was 100% and Dallas just kicked their ass, go ahead. I still say SA looks a bit better than Dallas. Dallas we don't even know if they get Gortat, who will start in their lineup, can their two SF's coexist, etc, SA - its basically plug Jefferson in, less defense, more offense, hope everyone is healthy.
    I'm not rewriting history. Fact is, Duncan hasn't been 100% for quite some time. It's neither valid as an excuse nor a reason to rate the Spurs higher for hypothetical "if healthy" reasons. Most likely Duncan's health won't change, so anything else is speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Know who else was in a lot of pain in that series? Josh Howard. Dude was playing on two gimped ankles.

Dirk plays hurt all the time and NEVER uses it as an excuse for losing.

I am sorry but the Mavs were just as banged up and its weak sauce to say "Oh well the Spurs were hurt".

They were "hurt" for most of the year and STILL won the SW, still got the 3rd seed, had homecourt, was predicted by most to beat Dallas and still got rocked.

Wtf is this? Raptors get scrubs for Marion?

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    No you get Turkoglu and get to keep your MLE and LLE. This was a great move by your GM.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    its better than nothing right?
    and i think it was done to get more money for marion

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Do you guys think Marion can close out Melo?

Saw a basketball once

man i wish the bulls got hedo...we need another scorer after ben gordon left...unless there is someway we sign a big name in 2010 da bulls won't contend for the title for awhile.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    Do you guys think Marion can close out Melo?
    What does close out means? Shut down? Of course not.

NBA Finals

Calderon
    DeRozan
    Hedo
    Bosh
    Bargnani

nice job mr. GM

Plus MLE and LLE! GET TO WORK ON THAT BENCH BC