Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Default Re: 1987 ECF Pistons vs Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    I need to re-do a Bulls Pistons game from 91 (the sound cuts off for some reason) and probably add a couple of games here and there (83 Lakers Spurs, 84 Lakers Suns, 85 Pistons Celtics, etc). After that, I'll jump back where I left off (1994 and on...)
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see the Bulls-Knicks series in 94

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chitownsfinest
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see the Bulls-Knicks series in 94
    That's gonna get posted. And Knicks/Rockets. A couple of other games from that year's playoffs too.

owwwww

I need to re-do a Bulls Pistons game from 91 (the sound cuts off for some reason) and probably add a couple of games here and there (83 Lakers Spurs, 84 Lakers Suns, 85 Pistons Celtics, etc). After that, I'll jump back where I left off (1994 and on...)
    Thank you

Bird dropped a career playoff high 42 points in game 2 and then came back with 43 in game 5. I haven't seen game 2 but have read about his big fourth quarter in that game after taking a shot from Laimbeer. No need to post the 1988 series though
    Last edited by Fatal9; 07-20-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Thank you

Bird dropped a career playoff high 42 points in game 2 and then came back with 43 in game 5. I haven't seen game 2 but have read about his big fourth quarter in that game after taking a shot from Laimbeer. No need to post the 1988 series though
    I'm not sure which game(s) I have from that series. I just know I have it(them) somewhere. edit -- I know I have the one where Vinnie Johnson goes off in the 2nd half. Don't know which one that is off-hand.

1988 is already posted. The only reason I re-posted the 87 series is because at the time, I didn't think anyone had the patience to sit through a game with 10+ parts to it. So I condensed these games into 1 or 2 parts. Of course, that's a piss poor way to represent a game but I didn't think anyone would watch. It was one of the first series I did.

By the time I posted the 88 series (much later), I knew better. When I went back to check the 87 series, I was almost floored at how little of it I posted originally so it became a priority. And then I thought, "what the hell, why not post these other games from the 87 playoffs as well?".
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 07-20-2009 at 10:59 PM.

owwwww

I'm not sure which game(s) I have from that series. I just know I have it(them) somewhere. edit -- I know I have the one where Vinnie Johnson goes off in the 2nd half. Don't know which one that is off-hand.
    Didn't that happen like every game?

It would be one of the games the Pistons won I am assuming. Bird struggled in those two games though. I would love to see game 2, maybe Vinnie J went off in that one too.

Local High School Star CB4GOATPF's Avatar

Just finished watching game 6....man what a game

Dude do you happen to have The 85 ECF Celtics vs Sixers: love to see Rookie Barkley, Moses and old Doc go up against The Only and Real Big 3

More 80s Classics Please...

If you can also put in Regular Season Games from the 80s

Your Youtube Site is Unreal

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

I'm going to watcha ll of these games in a marathon tomorrow. You are the best youtube basketball poster ever, tjhunt :-P

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
    I'm going to watcha ll of these games in a marathon tomorrow. You are the best youtube basketball poster ever, tjhunt :-P

Updated the links.

*Game 3 is unlisted because I didn't edit out the fight. You have to know the url to view the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Also noticed you uploaded the '86 Finals. Good stuff.

Celtics bench was utter crap in '87...

Decent playground baller

Game 7

The forgotten classic game in this series. Most people think the series ended in Game 5, but Game 6 was close and Game 7 was a classic that went down to the wire. Both teams gave it all they had but Detroit suffered a huge injury to Adrian Dantley (their best player this series by far) when he collided with Vinnie Johnson at the end of the 3rd quarter. McHale played on one leg and I'm still not sure how Parish was able to walk on those ankles, let alone play. Dumars came up big time, but Larry wouldn't let the Celtics lose this game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...705300BOS.html
    The fourth quarter of that game was one of the best, most intense periods of basketball I've ever seen.