Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Laxlen's Avatar

Default I do NOT want a Lakers/Heat final

HOLD ON, don't dismiss this as a "haters gonna hate" blog entry because it's not!

I have been known to dabble in a lottery called Sports Select. On any given game night, if my $2 says I need the Heat or the Lakers to win, then for those nights I am huge fan of the teams. Even in the world of fantasy sports I consider LeBron the 1st pick overall over Durant. I also figure Kobe being drafted no later than 1st pick of the 2nd round ahead of Nowitzki, Irving & Cousins.

The NBA is a league that stills lives in the shadows of the scandolous actions of a past referee's. Don't believe me, try having a discussion about last year's playoffs that does not include chatter about the reffing.

Mix in a NBA President that vetoed a trade to a team he was technically running himself and the emerging trend of "super-friend" teams and you have the basis for my belief that a Lakers/Heat final would be the worst thing that could happen to a league that is fighting for credibility.

I am not asking for a NFL situation where a wildcard team wins the Superbowl or a NHL situation where an 8th seed wins the Cup, I am simply asking to see two teams in the Finals that are not the Lakers and Heat. It would be the first time since the 2007 finals, which featured LeBron's Cavs facing the Spurs, that neither LA or Miami was in the finals.

A senior citizen version of the Finals featuring the Celtics and Spurs would appease me fine. The OKC Thunder getting another shot at the title would not be de-valued if that shot came against Indiana or Philadelphia instead of Miami.

http://flawedlogicflawednbafan.blogs...at-finals.html

Default Re: I do NOT want a Lakers/Heat final

It doesn't matter what you want

/therock

Banned

Meh.. I'd rather have a Lakers/Boston finals. Or better yet, a Lakers/Knicks finals.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Meh.. I'd rather have a Lakers/Boston finals. Or better yet, a Lakers/Knicks finals.
    u want the Lakers to have it easy in the Finals?

**** the Lakers BTW

I want a Bobcats vs Wizards finals match up....oh wait...

Me too..

I rather have Laker/Bulls (with healthy DRose tho..) I want the heat to lose in the first round for an upset or miss the playoff.. That would be fun..

As a fan of a team that has no chance of making the Finals, I DO want to see a Miami/Lakers Finale.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    u want the Lakers to have it easy in the Finals?

**** the Lakers BTW
    For as much talent the Heat have, their style of play is actually quite boring tbh. Their boring (yet quite effective in this era) of three-point chucking, flopping and free-throw feasting just doesn't appeal to me.

The Knicks, despite also shooting a lot of threes, are at least free-flowing and don't bog down the flow of the game with free-throw seeking and flopping players.. the less ref involvement the better.

Lakers/Boston is a totally different animal.. it's tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    It doesn't matter what you want

/therock

Dunking on everybody in the park

We need a Lakers/Miami finals... we went without a Bulls/Rockets(Olajuwon vs Jordan) finals... that crime cannot be repeated... the world has been waiting for this clash since Shaq left LA...

This is the perfect time... Shaq will be there rooting against the two persons he hates the most, Kobe and Howard... LA fans will be there rooting against the two players they hate the most Bron and Wade... Also Shaq dislikes Nash.

so technically it will be Shaq(as a commentator), Wade and Bron vs Kobe, Howard, Nash,MWP, Gasol and the rest of LA... it was the finals that was supposed to happen but didn't happen 6 - 8 years ago...

This needs to/must happen...
    Last edited by TheFan; 10-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.

The Heat have always been a solid franchise that made the playoffs consistently, but this is the first time they've had a consistent elite team that can make the Finals every year.

It would be exciting to play LA. Both franchises have never played each other in the Finals and it would bring a new experience.

The Heat have played Dallas and OKC the last 2 years in the Finals. Those series aren't seen often, and create new rivalries. We've seen Boston and LA a million times.

Once Miami fades away for a while (if they do), OKC should be on top and they should create a rivalry with other young teams on the rise. At least I hope so.

For as much talent the Heat have, their style of play is actually quite boring tbh. Their boring (yet quite effective in this era) of three-point chucking, flopping and free-throw feasting just doesn't appeal to me.

The Knicks, despite also shooting a lot of threes, are at least free-flowing and don't bog down the flow of the game with free-throw seeking and flopping players.. the less ref involvement the better.

Lakers/Boston is a totally different animal.. it's tradition.

Lebron to Kobe fans = FEAR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Lebron to Kobe fans = FEAR
    I knew you'd say something along those lines.

Very predictable as always.. First it was the Jordan dick sucking, then T-mac, Wade and now LeBron. Do you even have a team? Who are you going to stan after LeBron is done with?
    Last edited by ImmortalD24; 10-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.

I knew you'd say something along those lines.

Very predictable as always.. First it was the Jordan dick sucking, then T-mac, Wade and now LeBron. Do you even have a team? Who are you going to stan after LeBron is done with?
    Isn't Kuniva a Clippers fan?