Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    If Shaq has trained for a decade, then why do you assume he has no skill? You idiots are thinking this is just an average joe boxer or something with no MMA experience. In that case, of course the experienced MMA fighter will win. But that is not the case, according to this information.

The rule that the skill > size/strength is a myth if both fighters are well trained and experienced.
    How often do you think shaq trained a week? honestly, he probably trains scarcely due to his commitments to basketball. Lesnar would absolutely stomp him. He's faster, stronger, more agile and has far far far far better technique to boot.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    How often do you think shaq trained a week? honestly, he probably trains scarcely due to his commitments to basketball. Lesnar would absolutely stomp him. He's faster, stronger, more agile and has far far far far better technique to boot.

Seriously it's like comparing someone who only has shooting range experience vs. a combat veteran. Sure given similar skill sets size and athleticism will be tremendously useful, but at this point I don't think shaq could even beat bobby lashly. (who's going back to pro-wrestling btw.) I doubt Shaq has ever even done any full contact sparring against someone going full bore. He's probably surrounded by hangers on letting him beat on him, telling him how awesome he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    There is really no way that shaq could even last 2 minutes with Brock, skill is almost eveything. He lacks too much co-ordination to become an elite fighter. Check that weak punch on Miller.
    Once again: how on earth do you have enough information on how skilled Shaq is and how much progress he's made in a decade of training to say he would be dominated? Some of you idiots can't seem to grasp my position. I'm not saying Shaq will handle Brock easily. I'm saying there's absolutely no grounds to say Brock would DOMINATE Shaq.

Dana White is being more polite than usual. He should tell Shaq that if he wants to fight in the UFC he has to start out from the bottom...not on the top against one of the UFC popular fighter. If anything he should fight that Korean guy who took down Canseco. As usual Shaq is just attention whoring again.

Shaq has never trained to fight. I've seen fights where they have giant but nto as skilled guys go against better fighters. and these are guys with some fighting training. Shaq has none. He'd get killed. KILLED.

Once again: how on earth do you have enough information on how skilled Shaq is and how much progress he's made in a decade of training to say he would be dominated? Some of you idiots can't seem to grasp my position. I'm not saying Shaq will handle Brock easily. I'm saying there's absolutely no grounds to say Brock would DOMINATE Shaq.
    Except that Shaq is not a fighter, he's just some dude who is exaggerating his skill to be funny. Do you really thing Shaq is training in MMA? Why would you possibly believe that? He is clearly full of ****.

National High School Star

Let's see, we've seen Brock fight 5 times now. Shaq.. we have the haymaker he threw at brad miller and totally missed. Could he have been secretly training and already be a great fighter? Sure, why not. Just like how it's technically feasible for Terell Owens to be a better basketball player than LeBron James and Michael Jordan combined. But from where I'm watchying, I'm pretty sure despite his amazing athleticism that MJ and LBJ are in no danger of losing to TO.

Banned

you guys overrate the importance of size way too much

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

The only individual that can beat Brock Lesnar right now is Bobby Lashley. Lashley is also a great amateur wrestler, and he's also improving his Submission Skills.

Lesnar would beat Shaq because he's a trained fighter even though Shaq is almost 11" taller than Lesnar.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 07-17-2009 at 08:36 AM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Shaq with his antics again.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Firstly - Tim Sylvia was the UFC heavyweight champ, don't talk him down
    Secondly - Shaq would have to cut down to 265 lbs to fight in the ufc, which is never going to happen
    Thirdly - Brock Lesner has only ever shown wrestling and some striking ability, Mir would destroy shaq

Though Lesner would be the massive favourite, its asks a legitimate question, how would lesner go against someone who negates the size advantage that he relies so heavily upon?

Remember Lesner had only 1 fight of experience before entering the UFC, the rest was training (excluding amatuer wrestling experience as thats something that can be duplicated in the gym)

you guys are f^cking retarded if you think Shaq's size will get him a win... do you know how many big m^tha****as get knocked the eff out with one hit because they don't know how to fight?

Shaq does not have the skill set, the fundamentals, or the instinct to block punches. Shaq has a huge height advantage and weight, but he is going to leave his face open and Lesnar will easily find an opening and knock his azz out cold.

you see professionals who train for this get knocked out within a minutes start because they're caught sleeping... if you think Shaq can last any longer than that, your a fool.

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Lots of fighters here I see. Shaq would more likely cry like a little ***** before he could beat Lesnar in a fight.

NBA sixth man of the year

Shaq would have a tough time defeating Brock Lesnar. For one, Brock is stronger than Shaq. I have no doubt about that. Brock is faster than Shaq. Quicker. More athletic. Yes, more athletic.

Shaq runs his mouth too much. The man is an attention whore if I've ever seen one.