Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: 500 Days of Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    I have to bump this thread. For some reason, I really like this movie.

I'm not saying I can relate to the dude. I sorta like this chick from Denver but I don't live there so it's tough to feel something with a girl and not really get a chance to lay down a legit foundation but the way the movie ends is awesome.

He basically adopts the attitude that women are c[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]nts. He thinks, "Man, what am I doing to myself? I've been obsessing over this chick when there's so much potential in myself. I'm going to become a goddamn architect."

If he ever did get that job and bang Minka Kelly, he definitely upgraded. Any guy that is really dreading over a girl and can't get over her should definitely watch this movie. Maybe it will make them realize that the girl is holding him back and his potential to be awesome as ****.
    Funny this thread was bumped, since I was telling my coworkers about it. I was basically telling them that they (girls) need to communicate with us, since for the most part we have no clue on how they truly feel. We can be utterly oblivious to their true feelings, and this movie shows a good example of that.

bump

this move was on tv and I wasn't expecting much but I ended up enjoying it a lot. JGL is just an awesome actor

People must've been Googline the crap out of this. 17 replies with over 56,000 views in the thread?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    People must've been Googline the crap out of this. 17 replies with over 56,000 views in the thread?
    The only google combination that this thread comes up is actually wording insidehoops into it. so yeah kinda weird that there are over 50k views.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

I think people were expecting to see pics of Zooey Deschanel's tits here.

This is actually one of my favorite films. It's incredibly entertaining and I think did a good job of making viewers feel attached to the characters, whoever they relate with. BTW, you guys should watch New Girl if you like Zooey. It's pretty funny too.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    holy schmuck

and love this film, it's an honest take on love.

I've only seen this movie once when it came out

My gf recently watched it and we argued who's fault it was that they couldn't make it work. I thought the guy over committed himself and got hurt while the girl just wanted a casual relationship.

My gf said she dropped a ton of obvious hints for him to pick up on to advance the relationship but he never did because men suck at picking up those signals.

Who is correct?

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    I've only seen this movie once when it came out

My gf recently watched it and we argued who's fault it was that they couldn't make it work. I thought the guy over committed himself and got hurt while the girl just wanted a casual relationship.

My gf said she dropped a ton of obvious hints for him to pick up on to advance the relationship but he never did because men suck at picking up those signals.

Who is correct?
    I believe that you are more correct. Many viewers feel frustrated with Summer thinking that she led Tom on although it was Tom who overanalyzed the entire relationship, due to his dogmatic belief in destiny. I feel that Summer is underappreciated for actually acting more human by just living her life through the means of whatever makes her content.

Terrible film. It tried to be the "When Harry Met Sally" for the hipster set and failed on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Terrible film. It tried to be the "When Harry Met Sally" for the hipster set and failed on all fronts.
    You're wrong. I know what I'm talking about, I posted fake pictures of my wife.

Just finished watching it. I loved it because i could relate to it. I hated it as well, because i can relate to it, it brought back a lot of memories.

I get what Stucky is saying about him over committing himself, plus the girl even said she didn't want to get serious. But i hate that despite what she said, she still went out of her way to accept his advances. Its like he said towards the end about her doing whatever she wants.

I find a lot of women do this; they say one thing about how love and life should be, but in the end they do what they want, yet will piss all over the male species if they behave in this same manner. I felt like Zoey D's character was sort of a bitch, but maybe that's just my own bad experience speaking. I just hate that women buy in for potential, while men buy as is. So we don't ever expect any drastic changes or for you to convince us to fall in love, no, if we choose you, we like you as is for the most part. Not with women though, they hook up with a dude like he's a fraken project, and if turns out they can't mold him into whatever the hell they want, they kill the project. **** that, bitch.

It just really fraken stings when you commit yourself to someone who does all this preaching about love and life, and yet they end up doing they very things they claim they'd never do.

Anyway, good film, always enjoy watching Dick Grayson. I'll shut up now before i spew all my person business out and go on a sexist rant. I've been drinking rum, so it would definitely happen if i keep going.
    Last edited by Loneshot; 10-21-2012 at 12:18 AM.