Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Bobcats trade Emeka Okafor to Hornets for Tyson Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    I don't get what Charlotte is trying to do.
    Most of the trades they make, they seem to be on the downside of them.

Diaw and Bell for Richardson (arguable/ Suns win)
    Radmonovic for Morrison and Brown (Lakers win)
    Chandler for Okafor (Hornets win)
    Diaw and Bell re-made the team into one of the best in the East 2nd half of the season. Morrison was a bust and begged to be traded. Vlad has been a big improvement considering Ammo was sitting on the bench contributing nothing. Who knows with the latest trade but I can tell you this: Mek was not improving from his rookie year.

Default Re: Chandler and Okafur officially traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    He's not stronger than those guys. His post game is also not decent. Okafor is a shot blocking Al Horford w/o the intagibles.

he's probably stronger than most everybody you listed.

he's 6'10-6'11 255

outweighs

Amare by 5 lbs.
    Dirk by 10 lbs.
    Nene by 5 lbs.
    Pau by 5 lbs.

You call these guys gargantuan compared to Okafor? LOL

some of them faster? some of them have much better touch? I can see that.

stronger? crazy talk. Look for different adjectives to frame your argument around.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Diaw and Bell re-made the team into one of the best in the East 2nd half of the season. Morrison was a bust and begged to be traded. Vlad has been a big improvement considering Ammo was sitting on the bench contributing nothing. Who knows with the latest trade but I can tell you this: Mek was not improving from his rookie year.

he became considerably more efficient from the field he went from 44% to 53%,53%, and 56%

Once again, Okafor has a better standing reach than Chandler. 9'3 vs 9'4.

Bobcats like to make trades which seem to be a downgrade in talent "on paper" but getting guys that help you win games more.

Diaw and Bell for Rich looks like a downgrade, but actually helps Bobcats more
    Same with Rad for Morrison, Morrsion more potential on paper, but Rad helps more
    Gerald Henderson might have been a "reach" where he was taken, but a guy Brown really likes. Same with Augustin.

I get the same feeling with this trade. Okafor on paper is a better player, but Brown feels Chandler gives them what they need to win games. Brown has a methodology that seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    Once again, Okafor has a better standing reach than Chandler. 9'3 vs 9'4.

and if you pull up draft Express' bench press ratings you'll see that the people saying he's weaker than certain other bigs out west are completely insane

reps of 185

Emeka = 22
    Al Jefferson = 3
    Amare = 12

and you know Pau, Dirk, and Tim aren't anywhere near the camp record of 22...set by you guessed it.
    Last edited by lolwut; 07-28-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Bobcats like to make trades which seem to be a downgrade in talent "on paper" but getting guys that help you win games more.

Diaw and Bell for Rich looks like a downgrade, but actually helps Bobcats more
    Same with Rad for Morrison, Morrsion more potential on paper, but Rad helps more
    Gerald Henderson might have been a "reach" where he was taken, but a guy Brown really likes. Same with Augustin.

I get the same feeling with this trade. Okafor on paper is a better player, but Brown feels Chandler gives them what they need to win games. Brown has a methodology that seems to work.
    I agree with you about the previous trades, but I don't see Chander as that kind of player. Diaw and Bell do give you a better team concept roster than JRich does, at the expense of some talent. But Okafor is a great teammate, a classy person, and a physical big man that plays defense. He does those team-type of tasks on the court. I don't see how Chandler can hope to fill that role better. I mean, for Diaw and Bell to improve the team, all they had to do was be more efficient than an aging chucker with an attitude. I'm not seeing that type of contrast between Chandler and Okafor. In fact, Okafor looks like the guy on the better end of the spectrum. This has gotta be financial, especially considering Chandler's health concerns. How bad is that toe?

I know that I vividly remember a healthy T Mac trying to mash on Okafor and getting his attempt viciously thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    This has gotta be financial, especially considering Chandler's health concerns.
    Why would it be financial? Okafor is actually CHEAPER in the short run. So what if Okafor has more years on his contract? You could always manage the cap situation down the road differently. Chandler actually COSTS MORE now.

So if its financial, makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Why would it be financial? Okafor is actually CHEAPER in the short run. So what if Okafor has more years on his contract? You could always manage the cap situation down the road differently. Chandler actually COSTS MORE now.

So if its financial, makes no sense.
    You know as well as I do that 3 years of a contract makes a big difference. Plus, the Okafor's contract will eventually hit higher values than Chandler's. Is it really so far fetched to believe a team is making decisions for long term financial considerations?

Finances makes more sense than the team-player case too, imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    and if you pull up draft Express' bench press ratings you'll see that the people saying he's weaker than certain other bigs out west are completely insane

reps of 185

Emeka = 22
    Al Jefferson = 3
    Amare = 12

and you know Pau, Dirk, and Tim aren't anywhere near the camp record of 22...set by you guessed it.
    Don't listen to Dahser. He bashed Emeka because it fits his argument of Monroe being better than Blake Griffen (Dasher compares Howard to Monroe and Blake to Emeka).

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Still failed to make the playoffs, and that's all that really matters. All of you who are getting offended by me saying Diaw, Bell for Richardson trade was a Suns win, that's the reason I stated "arguable".

Morrison, Brown to Lakers was still a win for the Lakers. Vlad wasn't contributing well, Brown broke out with the Lakers, and from what I am hearing Morrison was looking like a stud in the summer league and still has much more potential.

It seems to me like the Bobcats are filling their roster with solid role players, but they don't have a main guy on their team who can run the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    It seems to me like the Bobcats are filling their roster with solid role players, but they don't have a main guy on their team who can run the team.
    Which is why you move Okafor's suffocating contract for a lesser but similar player.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Don't listen to Dahser. He bashed Emeka because it fits his argument of Monroe being better than Blake Griffen (Dasher compares Howard to Monroe and Blake to Emeka).
    Still on that? Greg Monroe provides skill level gives coaches way more options offensively than Blake does. The lack of exotic defenses in the NBA would also make Greg's superior driving ability and length that much more effective on the offensive end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Still on that? Greg Monroe provides skill level gives coaches way more options offensively than Blake does. The lack of exotic defenses in the NBA would also make Greg's superior driving ability and length that much more effective on the offensive end.
    Explain your comments on Emeka now.

And the bull **** you posted concerning strength and athleticism were disproved by lolwut.