Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Default Re: Chandler and Okafur officially traded.

Hahaha, it's funny to see where Oakafor is now in his career. So many people thought Orlando was inept for passing over him for DHoward for the #1 pick. Okafor ended up with ROY but I'm glad things panned out like they did...

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    Hahaha, it's funny to see where Oakafor is now in his career. So many people thought Orlando was inept for passing over him for DHoward for the #1 pick. Okafor ended up with ROY but I'm glad things panned out like they did...
    I remember that too. Most "experts" thought Okafor should be the #1 pick.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I remember that too. Most "experts" thought Okafor should be the #1 pick.
    hindsight is always 20/20, at the time though Okafor just dominated college

I rule the local playground

I don't get it... the Bobcats have 4 Centers on the roster and they trade away the only one worthwhile one? Did someone lace the water supply in Charlotte with hallucinogenic drugs or something? What's wrong with those people?

Not airballing my layups anymore

So the bobcats aren't getting anything else? What a horrible trade. They don't know what the hell they are doing.

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Put the money issue aside, this a steal for the hornets. they get a borderline allstar for an overrated injury prone role player. emekas numbers will be 19-10 with paul
    This makes him a borderline superstar? Let's be honest here, Okafor hasn't exactly lived entirely up to his expectations thus far. Sure, so much potential there, but I don't think he'll bloom into the superstar people think he will.

19/10 - you call that borderline superstar numbers?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
    This makes him a borderline superstar? Let's be honest here, Okafor hasn't exactly lived entirely up to his expectations thus far. Sure, so much potential there, but I don't think he'll bloom into the superstar people think he will.

Yes, 20-10? how many players average that? How many players average 10 rebounds regardless of pts? Thats borderline superstar IMO. WHo really cares if hes a star, all star, superstar, supernova? Its all dumb terminology that non-bball players get way too caught up in

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought

He said allstar, not superstar. Or are you suggesting, that all allstars are automatically superstars? There've been starters on the allstar game with much worse numbers then 19/10

Not airballing my layups anymore HERB Stempel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    just wait to see how disappointed you will be in chandler then.

for the poster who said chandler is a better rebounder/shotblocker, SAY WHAT?

Stats dont show that, game footage dont show that, nothing in reality supports that argument. I do agree that chandler may be a better man-on defender.
    we agree. shocking. people must not see chandler play aside from highlights of sensational weakside blocks since we already know nobody watches the cats and okafor. so who wants kaman's contract? anyone?

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Yes, 20-10? how many players average that? How many players average 10 rebounds regardless of pts? Thats borderline superstar IMO. WHo really cares if hes a star, all star, superstar, supernova? Its all dumb terminology that non-bball players get way too caught up in
    I'm glad to see CP3 get an upgrade here (and that's still debatable) but this combo doesn't automatically make New Orleans a contender this year even as great as CP3 is (by far best PG in today's league). I understand your point about "tags" being placed on players and whatnot, but when people say superstar or even borderline superstar at that position, you're comparing them to D.Howard, and ya boy O is nothing close.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Charlotte gets worse. They trade away their franchise player for an often injured center in Chandler. I don't like it one bit but I'm loving the big three of Paul, West, and Okafor for the Hornets.

Saw a basketball once

The Charlotte residents in this thread know what's up. Don't look for Emeka to be converting many of those alley oops a healthy Tyson made highlight reels with.
    Last edited by dr. bob's bunch; 07-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.

I like this trade for the Hornets, don't really understand it for the Bobcats. The Hornets get to dump Chandler which they have been trying to do and get a good young player with tons of upside IMO. Stojakavic needs to go next in my opinion. I heard that the Hornets were already planning to start Julian Wright this year in his place.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Good job, Mike. And I can't people still spell it "Okafur".

Decent playground baller

Mike Jordan is a retard.