Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star KoolKat's Avatar

Default Re: Official Hip-Hop Thread

R.I.P. Baatin

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    It isnt a Hip-Hop thread without some Weezy hate.

He said Real Hip Hop..

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    lessoned to music? damn...

anyway, why then put such an emphasis on 'real hiphop' in the original post? there's not such thing.
    Yes my grammatical errors are beyond the ones of a child. But its the net ill write correctly in my classes.Well sir what did u want me to say alternative hip-hop Neo hip-hop? I mean really must i be that detailed? If it offends u my apologies but its my opinion and i know some wont agree but can we atleast get along to listen to smooth alternative soundin hip-hop or do we differ on those terms as well?

And the award to the greatest group of all time goes to:

Wu
    Tribe
    Roots
    Outkast

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ROAM.
    Baatin of Slum Village dead
    http://hiphopwired.com/5198/r-i-p-sl...baatin-passes/

Dilla in 06, now Baatin. Condolences...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBisw3XhZPU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFEIG12UJw

The smoothest group ever!
    Damn, sucks to hear.

One of the better SV tracks imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFEIG12UJw

+ another Madlib invazion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grkXXVgWebs

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut
    Wu
    Tribe
    Roots
    Outkast
    Im a biased tribe fan so i couldnt take part of ratin either group all great imo also Slum Village needs to be in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBVgW4VGbQ
    Elzhi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNiQ9sR1pA
    Jay Dees Lil Bro R.I.P.To both Slum members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4RZaF9_jyw
    Jay D himself

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeWithin
    Yes my grammatical errors are beyond the ones of a child. But its the net ill write correctly in my classes.Well sir what did u want me to say alternative hip-hop Neo hip-hop? I mean really must i be that detailed? If it offends u my apologies but its my opinion and i know some wont agree but can we atleast get along to listen to smooth alternative soundin hip-hop or do we differ on those terms as well?
    you couldve saved yourself a ****load of crap by just typing hiphop.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

TWENTY-FIVE song mixtape by Lamar Doom:

Track 1- Fatlip gets and deserves a lot of credit for being the best of the group but Slim Kid Tre was always a dark horse favorite of mine.

Track 2- Haiku De Tat slipped under the radar but it's an all-star team of underground guys and the self-titled album is a classic in my circle

Track 3- I'm staggered when Mos is talked about on this board, everyone seems to agree on Black Star and Black on Both Sides but New Danger gets no love and I think it's a masterpiece. The last verse on this song gives me the chills

Track 4- I'm not a huge Jedi Mind Tricks guy but this is an absolute monster of a track

Track 5- I'm actually a little too young for KRS/BDP, I had to go back and get his stuff after it had been out for a while but they played this on backspin (XM/sirius' old school station) the other day and I can't stop bobbing my head

Track 6- I am a SUCKER for old soul guitar hooks like this

Track 7- see?

Track 8- like most tribe fans, I consider Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders to be two of the finest hip hop albums ever created but here's a dandy from Beats Rhymes and Life.

Track 9- Johnny Feeeveeerrr. There will never be another De La Soul, as much fun as the first two (5 MICS when it mattered) albums were, I think Buhloone Mindstate and Stakes is High are legitimately genius. This is a remix of the single off Buhloone.

Track 10- hahaha, the first verse is so f*cking good. this rolly just don't look right sittin on my wrist, huh?

Track 11- awfully bubble gum and party-ish for a Wu track but i absolutely love the meth+ghost combo.

Track 12- I played this tape til it broke

Track 13- my musical tastes, especially hip hop, tend to be very sexist but this is a beast. (also love Bahamadia and Lauryn)

Track 14- classic. from their best album.

Track 15- a lot of people think Com fell off after Resurrection but I think One Day is right there

Track 16- better throw in a guilty pleasure so i don't get labeled too "conscious" (i'm just awake dog, i'm doin great dog)

Track 17- Busta Rhymes can't carry an album on his own but he is MADE for appearance like this

Track 18- wasn't sure how to work hiero into the mix. 93 til infinity? Deltron? Casual? Pep Love? went with this.

Track 19- okay, let's get pep love in here too

Track 20- the hook is so funky. the "freestyle" at the end is worth the price of admission

Track 21- Atliens and Aquemini are brilliant, period.

Track 22- (click the little play icon on the right, not the video at the bottom of the page) the euro release of the EP is way better than the american release, this is probably my favorite track of theirs all time, Chali 2na defines standout throughout the album and the extra verse (starts 4:07) at the end is awesome.

Track 23- Blazing Arrow is one of my all time favorite albums, this is my favorite track

Track 24- not much love for Digable Planets on this site but I was a fan

Track 25- wish they'd done the whole song, what a sick remix

bonus track- Sugar D*ck Daddy (Mr. Lawnge the 9.5)'s got the first verse and it's f*cking hilarious

nice list. but that blackalicious dude (gift of gab?) sounds like he's readin his lyrics...dude always sounds gimmicky as a mother****er, so i never understood why he was considered the best rapper around by some major underground (sic) sites

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    nice list. but that blackalicious dude (gift of gab?) sounds like he's readin his lyrics...dude always sounds gimmicky as a mother****er, so i never understood why he was considered the best rapper around by some major underground (sic) sites
    hmm, yeah i don't know, i always really like him, his flow can be a little methodical though I suppose. his buddies lyrics born and lateef are pretty good too, that whole quannum collective is pretty solid. lyrics born has my favorite verse of the last few years on this track called "3 strike felony" that i can't find a link for.

everybody likes this one

i like this one too
    Last edited by Lamar Doom; 08-01-2009 at 06:25 PM.

rank sentamentalist

At the Helm is my favourite Heiro beat by a good margin. Nice call.

Every single time I want to post that Still Rappin somewhere on these boards, I go to Youtube and remember that it's nowhere to be found. And then you wander by and pull it out of your ass. Bastard. Mykah's "verse". Can't find the title track, but that one is great too. This quickly became one of my favourite hip hop records - appreciate you introducing it to me Lamar.

Freestyle Fellowship needs more love - jazzy funk beats with verses that just wind around them in every way imaginable. Love Aceyalone's winding flow throughout To Whom It May Concern. Gotta love Mykah going nuts on 5 O'clock Follies (downright sick beat) and the ode to real hip hop (don't jump me loot) on Sundshine Men.

Ace's Disposable Arts is one of the best concept albums out there. Sick riff on this, and fantastic Moody Blues sample on this brilliant track based on a brilliant concept. Ace executes too. Long Hot Summer is right up there as well.

Punchlines go hard on this Cunnlynguists song - nifty beat too, particularly that intro (excuse the Kermit the Frog rapper on the 3rd [or 4th?] verse)
    another Cunninlynguists with a King Crimson sample - pretty deep stuff here, particularly in Deacon's verse
    can't not post this - one of the best song i've ever heard
    Move - from the new album/mixtape/whatever

I only just started listening to Organized Konfusion, so I'm only one album in - but this beat goes harder than any other on their s/t debut. If you haven't heard anything by them, other classic tracks from that album include Releasing Hypnotical Gasses and Audience Pleasers. I'll have to move on to their sophomore album soon, but... maybe not just yet. I'm still caught up in this.

Opener and tone-setter and epic brilliance with the self titled track of the self titled album, Deltron 30300. Prepare for eargasm.

Maybe more later.

Asheru & Blue Black - This Is Me (2001)
    That's cool stuff right there.