Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cavs likely signing Leon Powe

He can do the same stuff as Varejao basically.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by AK 3K
    Andy could never average 20/10. Powe has an incredible post game, and can anchor an offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Andy could never average 20/10. Powe has an incredible post game, and can anchor an offense.
    Sometimes when I read posts I wonder if people say comments like this in jest or just for a reaction... because I can't seriously believe a fan can think Powe could average 20/10 for an entire season.

I don't think people realize how few players can actually do this consistently over an entire season or even get near thos stats.

Quote Originally Posted by AK 3K

Powe is a better offensive player than Anderson Varejao. He's the type of player that the Cavs needs in the playoffs.

He's the "Softie Busters".

In other news, good luck not fouling out against the Cavs. Between Lebron, Shaq and now Powe starting frontcourt players' minutes are going to see a sharp drop.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Anyone saying Cavs are not a BETTER team than last year is dilusional. Stealing Powe at this point is a shrewd move by Ferry. That is of course if he can come back and contribute.He helps there weakest position and would fill out the rotation for the Playoffs.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Sometimes when I read posts I wonder if people say comments like this in jest or just for a reaction... because I can't seriously believe a fan can think Powe could average 20/10 for an entire season.

I don't think people realize how few players can actually do this consistently over an entire season or even get near thos stats.
    I agree with what you said, 20/10 is more rounded off. He could average 20/10, but most likely 18/9, or 17/9.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Lakers fans don't know him leon powe...they know him as leon pow after he destroyed them in the finals that's what phil called him ha ha.

Oh yea boston wanted to sign him back but they wanted to wait till he was healthy so the cavs swooped in. Powe's 1st choice was the cavs then the magic and lakers. I gurantee if la signed him lakers fans would be estatic.

Leon "The Punisher" Powe.

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Lakers fans don't know him leon powe...they know him as leon pow after he destroyed them in the finals that's what phil called him ha ha.

Oh yea boston wanted to sign him back but they wanted to wait till he was healthy so the cavs swooped in. Powe's 1st choice was the cavs then the magic and lakers. I gurantee if la signed him lakers fans would be estatic.

Last year every Lakers fans hated Ron Artest in the playoffs. After Artest signed a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers they are saying that Ron is going to win his 2nd NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Even though Powe was one of the Celtics players that killed the Cavs in the 2008 NBA playoffs.

I still respect his game because Powe is a great role player for his team.

He has a good attitude, and he's going to bring some toughness to the Cavaliers Frontcourt.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Good pickup.

Even if he doesnt come back healthy its not like all hopes rest on him since the Cavs snagged him for peanuts... hes just another solid addition that may or may not work out but just happens to be what they need.

...which is basically the same thing every non-laker fan in this thread has said so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Last year every Lakers fans hated Ron Artest in the playoffs. After Artest signed a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers they are saying that Ron is going to win his 2nd NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award.

Even though Powe was one of the Celtics players that killed the Cavs in the 2008 NBA playoffs.

I still respect his game because Powe is a great role player for his team.

He has a good attitude, and he's going to bring some toughness to the Cavaliers Frontcourt.
    Yup I remember. He couldn't make a shot vs the lakers and they were saying how trash he was and he sucked.

I remember when powe dunked on delonte 1st game of last season I was like man we need somebody like that. He's gonna make bout 895k and that's not a steal if he healthy? Hell even if he not healthy we paid lorenzen wright to sit on the bench and never play....

I can't wait till the season start. I heard if he does sign he won't play till feb and cavs don't even care. We jus want him ready for playoffs. I love ferry

He's hurt. What everyone is missing (besides some of you who are calling him this 20/10 starter caliber player for some reason that i can't fathom) is the IF he comes back healthy. It's a great gamble, but the way some of you talk, it's not a gamble at all, it's as if it's a sure thing he'll contribute. It's a great gamble, if he's healthy he's a great addition TO THE BENCH, if not, it's nothing money wise and they aren't counting on him. Great signing, but some of you need a serious reality check.