Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: dwight hitting jumpers

Dwight is 6'10 max. Probably 6'9 and a half.
    Most NBA players can wet jumpers like that. He is working on his post game as well. Come game time he will play his role around the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    He can't post up to save his life. Also, stop comparing Howard to the past greats. Most of them already have crazy inside game to begin with. Howard? Does dunking even count?
    It was a joke

Dwight needs to work on his jumper to open up the post for Marcin Gortat.

Banned

well im not crazy about it
    but it is something he cant do
    cant hate on him for working on it, at least he's working

Let him take all the jumpers he wants. Most of the greats had a jumper. Minus Shaq. Don't hate the guy for expanding his arsenal.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

It's a shame that he decided to settle for jumpers instead of developing more automatic, more sound low post moves. A damn shame.

Damn everyone needs to shut the hell up! Dwight is trying to expand his game and this is gonna make him even more dangerous period his ability's combined with a short jumper will make him impossible to stop and don't forget the that he has tons of weapons around him. He is my MVP next year and I said this 2 years ago, he is hungry and this is the first summer in 4 years he could work on his game! I am so ready for this year coming up I can't wait.

NBA Finals

i like his stroke, but none of those jumpers were contested. if they were, it was by a 6 footer

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Dwight needs to work on his jumper to open up the post for Marcin Gortat.

National High School Star MrUnstopable's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmsupra
    Damn everyone needs to shut the hell up! Dwight is trying to expand his game and this is gonna make him even more dangerous period his ability's combined with a short jumper will make him impossible to stop and don't forget the that he has tons of weapons around him. He is my MVP next year and I said this 2 years ago, he is hungry and this is the first summer in 4 years he could work on his game! I am so ready for this year coming up I can't wait.
    Thats what I am trying to understand.. how is a guy that averages 21 ppg adding a jump shot gonna hurt him? Do people even really think?! He might not add what you want but any addition to a guy that is limited offensively is welcomed...

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    well im not crazy about it
    but it is something he cant do
    cant hate on him for working on it, at least he's working
    Like this response.. this is what a logical NBA fan says..

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
    Thats what I am trying to understand.. how is a guy that averages 21 ppg adding a jump shot gonna hurt him? Do people even really think?! He might not add what you want but any addition to a guy that is limited offensively is welcomed...
    By adding a jump shot,

1) He will step outside more often on offensive, which means less opportunities for offensive boards and lower field goal percentage.

2) The Magic is filled with great jump shooters, if I were to draw a play to let one of them shoot a jumper, it won't be Dwight. And if you face the basket to shoot a jumper, it makes harder for you to find your wide open jump shooters.

3) No matter how hard he practices, he won't be able to use his jump shot in games. I don't care if he hit 5 consecutive uncontested jumpers in practice because Ben Wallace also used to hit 5 consecutive 3 pointers in practice. Majority of guys who're good shooters in NBA were already deadly entering the league, and I wouldn't be too scared of a jump shot of a guy who shoots 50% from the free throw line.

If Dwight is trying to expand his game, then fine. But a jump shot isn't his game, and I don't want to see him trying to develop himself into someone who just isn't. And no matter how hard he tries to master a jump shot, his jumper will pretty much be useless in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    If Dwight is trying to expand his game, then fine. But a jump shot isn't his game, and I don't want to see him trying to develop himself into someone who just isn't. And no matter how hard he tries to master a jump shot, his jumper will pretty much be useless in the NBA.
    How so? I am a Magic fan and I know that Howard on the pick and roll is sometimes not a good thing because when he catches the ball he can't shoot in those areas and gets offensive fouls when he would have expended less energy and saved a foul that he could have used on the defensive end, not to mention still has a chance to get the points....

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    By adding a jump shot,

1) He will step outside more often on offensive, which means less opportunities for offensive boards and lower field goal percentage.

2) The Magic is filled with great jump shooters, if I were to draw a play to let one of them shoot a jumper, it won't be Dwight. And if you face the basket to shoot a jumper, it makes harder for you to find your wide open jump shooters.

3) No matter how hard he practices, he won't be able to use his jump shot in games. I don't care if he hit 5 consecutive uncontested jumpers in practice because Ben Wallace also used to hit 5 consecutive 3 pointers in practice. Majority of guys who're good shooters in NBA were already deadly entering the league, and I wouldn't be too scared of a jump shot of a guy who shoots 50% from the free throw line.
    You are comparing 3 point shooting to mid range shooting which is so much more consistent then 3-point shooting.. do you play basketball?