Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Re: dwight hitting jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
    How so? I am a Magic fan and I know that Howard on the pick and roll is sometimes not a good thing because when he catches the ball he can't shoot in those areas and gets offensive fouls when he would have expended less energy and saved a foul that he could have used on the defensive end, not to mention still has a chance to get the points....
    If then he needs to get smarter in pick and rolls, rather than trying to develop a jumper. I'm pretty sure that his jumper will not ever be half as good as Tony Battie's. It's just something he can't do. You don't let Albert Pujols practice bunts.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

You are comparing 3 point shooting to mid range shooting which is so much more consistent then 3-point shooting.. do you play basketball?
    Huh, do you even play ball? They're both shooting, and fundamentally they aren't different, in most cases a good FT shooter is a good mid range shooter is a good long range shooter.

You are comparing 3 point shooting to mid range shooting which is so much more consistent then 3-point shooting.. do you play basketball?
    (I might be interpretating your post incorrectly)

If you mean that mid range shooting is more consistent than 3-point shooting, consider this, 3 point shooting is almost always the same distance, while mid-range shots are variables.

National High School Star MrUnstopable's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    (I might be interpretating your post incorrectly)

If you mean that mid range shooting is more consistent than 3-point shooting, consider this, 3 point shooting is almost always the same distance, while mid-range shots are variables.
    That is exactly what I am saying but it gets more consistent the closer a player gets to the basket...

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Huh, do you even play ball? They're both shooting, and fundamentally they aren't different, in most cases a good FT shooter is a good mid range shooter is a good long range shooter.
    He is not gonna be shooting 20 footers.. he will be adding a 14 footer.. also I have known plenty of big men that aren't good FT shooters yet still had a good mid range game.. and most importantly, didn't shoot threes.. So refer back to that statement and make corrections.. we are not dealing with guards we are dealing with big men..
    Last edited by MrUnstopable; 08-17-2009 at 10:51 AM.

He is not gonna be shooting 20 footers.. he will be adding a 14 footer.. also I have known plenty of big men that aren't good FT shooters yet still had a good mid range game.. and most importantly, didn't shoot threes.. So refer back to that statement and make corrections.. we are not dealing with guards we are dealing with big men..
    names?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

He better be working on his post game more... because even if he gets a decent jumper, what's that going to open up? His mediocre post game? If he had a smooth post game and passing game, him and the Magic would be so much better. His post game should be his first priority.

I would just hate to see him fall in love with a jumper, though I doubt that happens.

Exclamation Re: dwight hitting jumpers

Howard just can't shoot. His whole form is wrong. He shoots out in front of him. John Wall should teach him how to shoot. Howard needs to fix his form if he ever wants to have a reliable jumper and ft shot.

work on some post moves.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Hah, eveyone sees one youtube video and assumes Dwight is spending his whole summer taking jumpers.

Never mind the fact that he spent/is going to spend time with Hakeem Olajuwon to work on his footwork and post moves.

But I guess it's a testament that Howard is getting better by all the hate in the thread :).

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    Hah, eveyone sees one youtube video and assumes Dwight is spending his whole summer taking jumpers.

Never mind the fact that he spent/is going to spend time with Hakeem Olajuwon to work on his footwork and post moves.

But I guess it's a testament that Howard is getting better by all the hate in the thread :).
    wait wat??? where the article of this at?

Good to see him practicing his jump shot and free throw.
    Last edited by dbugz; 08-17-2009 at 11:54 AM.

1 week avy bet..... RedZiggyZag's Avatar

If he couldn't make jumpers against 5'11 people consistently. What makes you think he could hit jumpers against 7 footers consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
    If he couldn't make jumpers against 5'11 people consistently. What makes you think he could hit jumpers against 7 footers consistently?
    Who said he would be doing it over them? Pick and roll with Nelson or VC and he has a wide open jump shot.. the defense will give him that, and if he hits that consistently then Orlando's pick and roll becomes that much more dangerous...

1 week avy bet..... RedZiggyZag's Avatar

Who said he would be doing it over them? Pick and roll with Nelson or VC and he has a wide open jump shot.. the defense will give him that, and if he hits that consistently then Orlando's pick and roll becomes that much more dangerous...
    Your right, he was wide open against 5'11 guys far away from him and he still missed some of them. I'm sure a 7 footer closing out means absolutely nothing, I'm sure Dwight will make more shots that way. You know, because he's the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by visirale

lol i know, we get shown a 5 minute video of him shooting jumpshots and all of the sudden its "OMGZ HE'S SHOOTING TOO MANY J'S IT'LL RUIN HIS GAME WTF IS HE DOING OMGZZZZZZZZZ"
    you people are never happy are you. most of you are the same ones that complained during the playoffs that he had no other moves other than to dunk and here he is putting in hard work trying to change it and all you wanna do is blah blah blah whine whine whine.