Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: movies that made us cry.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Click made me cry as well. Seems like that movie made a lot of us cry.

Um, let's see. At the end of the Last Castle, when they show the flag wasn't upside-down, that made me cry. That's all I can think of right now.

For some reason, A League Of Their Own made me and my sister weep as children. I mean like funeral weeping.
    My Dad totally ruined that scene by going off on a rant about how Americans are meatheads/morons/of course it's that way/they're corny/fake/cocky.

NBA rookie of the year

Terminator 2 as a kid was heartbreaking.
    Extremely odd.

- Cooley High
    - A Time to Kill (The Ending)

blow
    terminator 2
    monster squad (when i was 8)

i'll think of more later, i'm trying to post and clean my apartment at the same time.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Field Of Dreams (Hey Dad, wanna have a catch?) and Rudy when he finally gets on the field get me every time.

also, this stop motion Lego video's pure badassery makes me cry
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 08-23-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Armageddon when the guy who's supposed to die with the meteorite and save the world doesn't die because the other dude wants to be the one instead. Didn't want to say who cuz of spoilers.

Dunking on everybody in the park AtticusPigeon11's Avatar

My Neighbor Totoro

Field of Dreams + He Got Game. - I love/dislike my dad and seeing Jake eventually redeem himself after his faults stings the soul.

Lives of Others - In tears of happiness. Man when I see the tribute to the ex-Stazi (name slips) and I see his lips slowly curling up to a smile.. I"m like sh!t, this german n!gger is my hero lol.

Jungle Book - JUst the sight of seeing Mowgli leave the beloved Baloo and Bagheera into the web of human civilization saddens me.

Peter Pan - It hurts that Captain Hook, such a delightful, charming villain had to be sacrificed to Tick Tock Croc in exchange for thoze bratty chillun.

Selena - THe way they managed to do the ending.. Wow. The rose, and the death, and then it fades away with "Dreaming of You." Sh!t, nice work J Lo.

Training Day - I can't bear the sight of streetwise Denzel being betrayed by his crew and that disgusting cracker Ethan Hawker.

NCFOM - When Anton Chigurh had that bone stickin' out. I hate seeing my opponents in pain, it hurts me more than seeing a friend's death. Love they enemies y'awl.
    Last edited by AtticusPigeon11; 08-23-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11
    My Neighbor Totoro
    Jungle Book - JUst the sight of seeing Mowgli leave the beloved Baloo and Bagheera into the web of human civilization saddens me.

Selena - THe way they managed to do the ending.. Wow. The rose, and the death, and then it fades away with "Dreaming of You." Sh!t, nice work J Lo.

Training Day - I can't bear the sight of streetwise Denzel being betrayed by his crew and that disgusting cracker Ethan Hawker.
    Those were sad. Selena tore me up for a couple of weeks man...... I didnt know it was a real story until my mom told me when I was 12. I felt so bad.

Dunking on everybody in the park AtticusPigeon11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Those were sad. Selena tore me up for a couple of weeks man...... I didnt know it was a real story until my mom told me when I was 12. I felt so bad.
    Yeah man, she isn't particularly the greatest singer ever but something about her charming personality, her determination, relationship with her father, buttocks, and youthly death (not unlike 2pac, Aaliyah or Len Bias) really punctures my heart. I've seen many-a more sanger deathz, but not many are on par with Selena.

Quote Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11
    Yeah man, she isn't particularly the greatest singer ever but something about her charming personality, her determination, relationship with her father, buttocks, and youthly death (not unlike 2pac, Aaliyah or Len Bias) really punctures my heart. I've seen many-a more sanger deathz, but not many are on par with Selena.
    I completely agree. I was really feeling the music in the film and was blindsided by her death. I didnt see it coming until it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Field Of Dreams (Hey Dad, wanna have a catch?) and Rudy when he finally gets on the field get me every time.

also, this stop motion Lego video's pure badassery makes me cry
    Good call with Field of Dreams.

Also, the ending sequence in Big Fish, where he takes his Dad to the River:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCbdX92hbbg

I don't know. I guess the scene in The Abyss when Ed Harris revives his wife after she drowns. Just a very good movie to see growing up. I didn't really cry but felt some emotions. Good scene.

I'm going to have to add Up and Good Will Hunting

'Return to Paradise' was pretty sad. I really felt bad for Joaquin Phoenix's character. Very depressing film but good.

White Fang.

The Truth

The first movie that made me cry was Free Willy. It was such a long time ago, I don't even remember what the plot was or what made it so sad. I just remember crying while seeing it. Recently, I got a little teary eyed while I was watching Up. Starts happy, and then BAM. She's dead. Pixar's always been amazing at anthropomorphism. Even though they're all animated characters, it seems real. A lot of people crying at the end of HP & The Half Blood Prince. Reading the books, I was ready for the ending, so it didn't bother me at all, but there were people sobbing at the funeral scene.