Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Wizardly Cool
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Bill Maher: "This Country is dumber than a bucket of $hit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZCzXWH4hc
    Bill Maher says America is a Stupid Country

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgjhCD_KM
    Bill Maher 08/07/09

Finally I can agree with the man on something... Except I could cross off and add a few things to his list.

Default Re: Bill Maher: "This Country is dumber than a bucket of $hit"

Why did he feel the need to say this now? Its pretty much an accepted fact that the majority of Americans are idiots. Its not like he is saying anything controversial or that he is going out on a limb. Bill is just being redundant with emphasis.

Banned

Sadly it is very very true... Most americans are clueless about the worlds on-goings, and even are confused about this countries own dealings..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Why did he feel the need to say this now? Its pretty much an accepted fact that the majority of Americans are idiots. Its not like he is saying anything controversial or that he is going out on a limb. Bill is just being redundant with emphasis.
    This.

The problem is when someone says that those "Real American American's" get upset and say "Leave this country if you think its stupid".A lot of Americans are a pathetic people in general, however its just a bigger crop of pathetic people because there are more people in this country.

There is a reason why Asians, Africans, and Indians continue to come to this country, reap the immense benefits of the educational system, and then head back home. Those who stick around become "Americanized" and are unable to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    This.

The problem is when someone says that those "Real American American's" get upset and say "Leave this country if you think its stupid".A lot of Americans are a pathetic people in general, however its just a bigger crop of pathetic people because there are more people in this country.

There is a reason why Asians, Africans, and Indians continue to come to this country, reap the immense benefits of the educational system, and then head back home. Those who stick around become "Americanized" and are unable to leave.
    QFT. International students used to stay in the United States and find a job but now they are just going back to their home country. I am laughing because after this year I will be doing the same.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Did you watch the clip? He was responding to a question. It's not like he overtly said it without context.

Bill's a smart guy, though lately he's gone to a more cynical route. I like what he did with Religilous though. Outside of his conclusion, he was on point most of the time.

Banned

If you watch his show he says it all of the time, but its more aimed at the right wing that believes and pushes things like Obama's birth certificate, terrorist ties, neglected half brother, and things along these lines. ISH has about a handful of the same type of retards that actually believe these things and think they are so relevant

A portion of the right wing of America are some of the most ignorant, conspiracy laden racists and extremists that perpetuate a lot of the stupidity. Left and right are nothing alike, i don't know why people pretend to say that. On the left the extremists are like PETA, Greenpeace, etc, on the right you have the gun rights nuts, religious zealots, anti-abortion nutcases.

Anyways he does call the left dumb too, and i don't always agree with Bill Maher, but a lot of the stuff he says is pretty obvious, too bad most of the right wing of America doesn't realize how retarded they are.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    If you watch his show he says it all of the time, but its more aimed at the right wing that believes and pushes things like Obama's birth certificate, terrorist ties, neglected half brother, and things along these lines. ISH has about a handful of the same type of retards that actually believe these things and think they are so relevant

A portion of the right wing of America are some of the most ignorant, conspiracy laden racists and extremists that perpetuate a lot of the stupidity. Left and right are nothing alike, i don't know why people pretend to say that. On the left the extremists are like PETA, Greenpeace, etc, on the right you have the gun rights nuts, religious zealots, anti-abortion nutcases.

Anyways he does call the left dumb too, and i don't always agree with Bill Maher, but a lot of the stuff he says is pretty obvious, too bad most of the right wing of America doesn't realize how retarded they are.
    This is a prime example of "dumber than a bucket of shlt".

Banned

QFT. International students used to stay in the United States and find a job but now they are just going back to their home country. I am laughing because after this year I will be doing the same.
    Yeah I heard an American education looks great on a job record overseas, even if someone went to a **** school like Arizona State it will look impressive.

You damn Canadians invading the US to attend one of our numerous universities, drink our beer, listen to our music, and have sex with our women for 4 years then head back to Canada with your degree from one of our schools to get a higher paying job than your fellow Canadian graduates.

Yeah I heard an American education looks great on a job record overseas, even if someone went to a **** school like Arizona State it will look impressive.

You damn Canadians invading the US to attend one of our numerous universities, drink our beer, listen to our music, and have sex with our women for 4 years then head back to Canada with your degree from one of our schools to get a higher paying job than your fellow Canadian graduates.
    I have been in America for 11 years. I have done enough invading for a lifetime. Dont worry, I'll visit.

Banned

This.

Thing is you can't say this is most of America. As usual the ones who scream the loudest are often the most heard. You will rarely if ever see anyone on the left telling someone that, as opposed to right wing retards guilt tripping patriotism, being American, etc. and if you don't like leave the country type of BS.

Becoming 'Americanized' is pretty different from what you're talking about. I consider being Americanized kind of becoming spoiled by our food, entertainment, and overall culture. Thats not the same as becoming an ignorant patriotic redneck.

Serious playground baller

Starface would call you all a bunch of liberal ****.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BULLZ
    Starface would call you all a bunch of liberal ****.

'liberal' just means open minded. Its crazy how 'conservatives' pretend to use it in such a diragatory way. Who is worse? someone that condemns, and pushes their beliefs on you, or people open minded to your beliefs or way of life?

Thats all there really is to it

It's almost like Americans pride themselves on being big and dumb.

The only thing that seperates the big and dumb, from the smart and talented in America is the idea of capitalism, and competition.

Now that the government is trying to socialize everything, Americans will only get more lazy and dumb.

Why work to get better when the government will just pay your way?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
    This is a prime example of "dumber than a bucket of shlt".

yeah the right is pretty dumb but i already said that