Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

time to take this off the stickies?

Gaming wise, 360.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Gaming wise, 360.
    I have to agree. The 360 just "feels" like a gaming system for gamers. Hard to put into words, but everything feels smoother and to the point on the 360 (better controller doesn't hurt either). Not knocking the PS3 (may take the plunge when it's $150.00 or so), but for my tastes, the 360 gets the job done.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

360 all day.. Gears and Halo are amazing. Plus, Xbox's online community and setup blows the PS3's out of the water.. it's worth the 5 bucks a month. I dont know if it's just me but online multiplayer, whether it's head to head, team shit, or co-op is just way better than offline play.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    360 all day.. Gears and Halo are amazing. Plus, Xbox's online community and setup blows the PS3's out of the water.. it's worth the 5 bucks a month. I dont know if it's just me but online multiplayer, whether it's head to head, team shit, or co-op is just way better than offline play.
    Funny you bump this thread now, sony just had a press conference where they announced a $50 price drop.

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-3-price-dropped-249

edit: guess you can't really "bump" a sticky.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 08-16-2011 at 03:07 PM.

i like head to head offline better. like 2k or madden h2h offline is way more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Funny you bump this thread now, sony just had a press conference where they announced a $50 price drop.

http://www.1up.com/news/playstation-3-price-dropped-249

edit: guess you can't really "bump" a sticky.
    What do PS3's cost now? 250 then? Not worth the extra 50 bucks to me still.. I've had my xbox for 4 years and I still haven't used up the 20gigs of memory. Plus I usually download movies off the net if I want to watch one.. I never buy DVDs or blu rays so all of those features are a waste for me. I just like to play games and especially play online.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    i like head to head offline better. like 2k or madden h2h offline is way more fun.
    Yea its always more fun playing with your friends.. but I also like playing for my online ranking and seeing how high/good I can get.

What do PS3's cost now? 250 then? Not worth the extra 50 bucks to me still.. I've had my xbox for 4 years and I still haven't used up the 20gigs of memory. Plus I usually download movies off the net if I want to watch one.. I never buy DVDs or blu rays so all of those features are a waste for me. I just like to play games and especially play online.
    Either option is good, I went from 360 to PS3 but both systems have their advantages.

250? Thats Great, hopefully they dont announce new consoles.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I own both. I'll put my opinion here.

Aside from the fact that I always preach "Just get whatever you like and/or whatever your friends have," I kinda felt like making this post.

The PS3 is my system. I've been using that controller since I started gaming(more or less) so I'm a champ on the PS3. Competition wise, its not all that different. I've played call of duty on the ps3 and the 360, I've played ps3 exclusives and 360 exclusives, its up to you.

-I prefer mw2 on the ps3. On the 360 the community is way worse. Sure its a lot of noobtubing and trickshotting all across the board, but the 360 is worse in my eyes.

-The xbox mic that comes with it and the bluetooth you can buy for the ps3 both suck, and thats pretty much all that people use. Its extremely annoying and I just mute lobbies by default. Even if you get a top of the line headset both consoles have done nothing to improve their sound quality. I hope that the xbox integrates skype into their party chats. That'd be amazing.

-Halo reach is alright, but armor lock is gay. Its a game that is only enjoyable with friends. Is it a dealbreaker of what console to get? Hell to the no.

-Gran Turismo 5 is awesome. Is it a dealbreaker? Not really.

-Uncharted? Socom? I hate third person.

-Kinect or Move? Both stupid ideas. Kinect is kinda fun Haven't played move at all. I don't know anyone that actually has move, come to think of it.

-There is no game on either console that is a dealbreaker. It still always comes down to personal preference.

Whats my personal preference? PC. Far superior.

Between 360 and ps3? Ps3. But thats only because I've been playing it for ages.

If I could use my ps3 controller on my 360 with no delay or any issues, I'd play the 360. But I can't. So now, my 360 will probably just collect dust until some exclusive comes out or something like that.

i ahve both and i didnt even buy em, and so far i like the ps3 more

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I've had two 360's and now I have a PS3. I have to say I'm much more partial to 360. I think 360 has the best controller in gaming right now (I've never liked the main analog being at the bottom on playstation controllers) and xbox live is much better then psn. I'll probably get a gears of war 3 360 bundle in the near future.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Gaming wise, 360.

you gotta be joking, right?

ONLY the god of war series and the uncharted series alone are worth the buy of any videogame system. I will throw in a few more:

Metal Gear 4
    Little Big Planet
    Heavy Rain
    Resistance series (in a lower tier than the former but still)

and the list goes on, really...
    the exclusive games of PS3 makes it a no-brainer. you can discuss about technical issues all you want but games wise the question is not even debatable no matter how much you like Halo or Gears of War. the game library of PS3 only keeps growing and outdoing XBOX's in quite an outrageous fashion

games still continue to come out which have the 360 as their primary console

i don't like it, i bought a 360 after buying a ps3 months earlier

still have both consoles but i gotta say i buy any multi plat game for my 360

if u dont care about a port on your ps3 then you shouldnt have to worry

ps3 does have a better value, you get bluray and free online (although the 360 has some perks which justifies their $50/year)

whichever you prefer works, ps3's got some nice exclusives, then again so does the 360