Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Default Re: Why is there constant PS3 vs. 360 debating?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    I don't know if it's compatible... but you can definitely stream from your PC to your TV if you have the right video card w/outputs.
    and a few posts ago...

@ this clown. He thinks I take it personally or care whether HE likes the Playstation or not.

I honestly don't care whether you like it or not. I was just trying to get some well put together opinions in this thread, something you can't seem to do.

Reason I started this topic in the first place was to hear why people like you in general attack either system whether it be 360 or PS3, and turn a general topic about something completely irrelevant about either system into a debate why one is better than the other.
    You rip on Pain of Thought, but you're clearly redirecting Thorpe to the ps3 with this irrelevant argument. If you bothered to read into his post further than "Netflix...", it would be apparent why the feature looked appealing to him. Same principle as the bundled blu-ray player in the ps3.

Guess what? I can stream blu ray content from my pc too. Blu-ray drives for the pc are cheaper than the ps3! See how I diminished the ps3 with the functionality of a pc? Clever, right?

Suspended just to come back a week later on the same account doing the same hacks/glitches. Anyway...
    Again, it gets abused. Kids will continually file a complaint just because they don't like you. If it's a huge problem for you that kids use glitches, which the majority don't (We're not talking 60/40, more like 98/2) then go complain on an e-mail to xbox.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    I'm fairly certain that's incorrect. The ps3 isn't licensed to use software that the pc and 360(ms) use for streaming. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_DRM

Sony isn't going to destroy their current model of the PSN store with netflix compatibility. If this were to happen, the psn would no longer be a free service.

You can partition the PS hardrive and install another OS. I'm guessing Windows isn't compatible, but you can probably install something that would get you basic webbrowsing, then maybe you could stream straight from the sight.

I really though the Netflix deal was 360 exclusive. But it seems like it would be hard to work around since PS does have internet access. Maybe that's why it hasn't been advertised as hard as I thought it would've been.

I'm confused. I'll have to look into it some.

and a few posts ago...

You rip on Pain of Thought, but you're clearly redirecting Thorpe to the ps3 with this irrelevant argument. If you bothered to read into his post further than "Netflix...", it would be apparent why the feature looked appealing to him. Same principle as the bundled blu-ray player in the ps3.

Guess what? I can stream blu ray content from my pc too. Blu-ray drives for the pc are cheaper than the ps3! See how I diminished the ps3 with the functionality of a pc? Clever, right?
    Exactly... standalone $99 blu-ray + Xbox $199 package = $299 PS3
    I have no problem admitting this. Both systems have their selling points that can be offsetted somehow.

I guess until I own both again people wont realize I'm completely unbiased against either of the two. I really have no problem with people who choose a PS3 over a 360 or 360 over a PS3... what I do find funny though is people who already have one system who constantly go out of their way to attack the other system... and mainly out of that select group, really find especially interesting the ones who attack the system without ever having owned one or played consistently on the other system.

Most of the time when people let their bias affect their decision to choose one system over the other, they come out with comments like 'the servers are crappy on the ... in comparison' or 'the graphics are better' or '... system doesn't break as often', etc... mostly uninformed opinions. Really both systems have their advantages and selling points, and you're biased if you can't see that.
    Last edited by beasted86; 09-09-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

I'll be getting the PS3 here very soon (was awaiting the price-drop). I know it's pros and cons, again I have friends who own a PS3 and only a PS3, and they come to my crib to chill and play some 360 from time to time... everyone is in unison that Xbox-Live is light years ahead of the yes Gaystation Network. I've seen the PSN live, used it live, and spent at least a good 12+ hours navigating it, playing live games on it, web browsing it, etc. It's garbage compared to XBL. That's not fanboy talk, that's real talk.

If there was no such things as an Xbox or XBL, and just say Nintendo and Sony in the game, sure the PSN would be cool, if that's the only real option you have. Unfortunately, Microsoft is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of online playability and capability. So yes, I'm going to call it like I see it. XBL > PSN even considering the PSN is free. There's a reason why the PSN is free. I'll just leave it at that.

I'm not a fanboy. Like I said again, of the three console platforms last generation, the XBox was my least favorite.

I've pointed out numerous points as to why the 360 > PS3. Much of this could be considered my own opinion... but surely it's quite evident the exclusive games on 360 > PS3. Surely it's quite evident XBL > PSN. These are the two biggest selling points of the respective systems... which is why 360 > PS3 in terms of market share. The numbers don't lie.

I'll be getting a PS3 for the Blu-Ray player and some exclusive titles. Nothing more, nothing less. Any game with online capability I will be getting the 360 version for obvious reasons.

LOL @ the whole fanboy perspective.

The OP is the one who should be considered the fanboy, not me. Ironic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
    LOL @ the whole fanboy perspective.

The OP is the one who should be considered the fanboy, not me. Ironic, no?
    I like you as a poster and generally agree with your gaming pov. With that said, your posts in this thread have been slanted towards the 360. Does that make you a fanboy? Not really (well maybe a little). Using terminology like "gaystation" doesn't help your case though

Exactly... standalone $99 blu-ray + Xbox $199 package = $299 PS3
    I have no problem admitting this. Both systems have their selling points that can be offsetted somehow.

I guess until I own both again people wont realize I'm completely unbiased against either of the two. I really have no problem with people who choose a PS3 over a 360 or 360 over a PS3... what I do find funny though is people who already have one system who constantly go out of their way to attack the other system... and mainly out of that select group, really find especially interesting the ones who attack the system without ever having owned one or played consistently on the other system.

Most of the time when people let their bias affect their decision to choose one system over the other, they come out with comments like 'the servers are crappy on the ... in comparison' or 'the graphics are better' or '... system doesn't break as often', etc... mostly uninformed opinions. Really both systems have their advantages and selling points, and you're biased if you can't see that.
    I wouldn't say you're completely unbiased, but your intentions are good. After reading through the thread, I don't think there's any question which console you favor. You know something? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that aside from the unnecessary personal attack on scifi gamers. (stick to criticism of the games, not the ppl who play them)

You haven't deliberately trashed one system to make a point about the other, and that's what this thread was about -- i think.

Local High School Star Pain of Thought's Avatar

I like you as a poster and generally agree with your gaming pov. With that said, your posts in this thread have been slanted towards the 360. Does that make you a fanboy? Not really (well maybe a little). Using terminology like "gaystation" doesn't help your case though
    This is true... perhaps my Gaystation (to be fair, I only referring to the PSN) claim could be a red flag for homerism, but honestly speaking I have used both systems extensively enough to draw logical conclusions of the victor.

The one true wild-card in all this is the failure rate of the 360. That alone is almost enough to make you jump ship.

I have nothing against the PS3 personally, I just know the 360 experience > PS3. This is of course my opinion... but also take note I've been presenting facts that are practically indisputable (such as which online network is more superior, exclusive titles, etc).

Beasted first posting he is unbiased, but then going on a triple post rampage as soon as the PS3 gets dogged was a fun read.

Dude is like a window pretending to be a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I wish gran turismo 5 would come out some day....
    I am still waiting for Gran Turismo mobile. I have been waiting since 2005.

Chi Bulls 2010-2011 baller42590's Avatar

I gotta go with 360 all the way!!!!!! but i wa a huge PS2 nerd! i neer wanted to get rid of it but it was worth it for the 360!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
    This is true... perhaps my Gaystation (to be fair, I only referring to the PSN) claim could be a red flag for homerism, but honestly speaking I have used both systems extensively enough to draw logical conclusions of the victor.

The one true wild-card in all this is the failure rate of the 360. That alone is almost enough to make you jump ship.

I have nothing against the PS3 personally, I just know the 360 experience > PS3. This is of course my opinion... but also take note I've been presenting facts that are practically indisputable (such as which online network is more superior, exclusive titles, etc).
    So my final question to you would be what online titles have you played on both systems... and of those games what made the same title better on the 360?

If you've played games online on both systems (for example: COD4, or Madden, etc) play out all the pros for the XBL experience which makes it better. Individual games.

This is way off topic, but do any PS3 users here play(or have played) Grand Theft Auto 4 online? I'm curious if it has Free Mode on it. My nephew loves playing the GTA IV free mode on my 360 online and he just got a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version also has Free Mode, because if it doesn't, I'll just get him a different game for his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    This is way off topic, but do any PS3 users here play(or have played) Grand Theft Auto 4 online? I'm curious if it has Free Mode on it. My nephew loves playing the GTA IV free mode on my 360 online and he just got a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version also has Free Mode, because if it doesn't, I'll just get him a different game for his birthday.
    What is free mode?

I only played the online version of GTA4 a couple times (maybe 2-3), but I think they have co-op mode, deathmatch, capture the flag (chains?), etc.. I don't know what else because it's hazy... I traded that game in about 2 weeks after I beat the single player mode wiht no intention of getting into the online modes.