Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why is there constant PS3 vs. 360 debating?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    What is free mode?

I only played the online version of GTA4 a couple times (maybe 2-3), but I think they have co-op mode, deathmatch, capture the flag (chains?), etc.. I don't know what else because it's hazy... I traded that game in about 2 weeks after I beat the single player mode wiht no intention of getting into the online modes.
    Free Mode is an online mode for GTA4 that makes the whole Liberty City your playground with up to 16 players online.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Free Mode is an online mode for GTA4 that makes the whole Liberty City your playground with up to 16 players online.
    Well yes, it has online 16 player modes.

PS3 has the best exclusive games, 100% free PSN, better hardware, better operating system, and RELIABLE HARDWARE(something Microsoft knows nothing about, since over 1/3rd of Xbox 360's randomly die for no reason).

List of notable 360 exclusives, past and future(notice the "variety"... yeah):

Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo Reach
    Halo Wars
    Gears Of War 2
    Forza 2
    Forza 3
    Crackdown
    Crackdown 2
    Fable 2
    Fable 3
    Alan Wake
    Banjo And Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Of Liberty City
    Kameo

List of PS3 notable PS3 exclusives, past and future:

Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Ratchet And Clank: Tools Of Destruction
    Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time
    Killzone 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Demon's Souls
    inFamous
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Last Guardian
    Heavy Rain
    Valkirya Chronicles
    God Of War 3
    Yakuza 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Agent
    MAG
    Warhawk
    Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
    Mod Nation Racers
    MLB:O9
    Final Fantasy Versus 13
    Heavenly Sword
    Twisted Metal PS3

The 360 just has a whole bunch of Halo sequels and a few other good games, but not much coming out for the future. Also note how the 360 doesn't have any games that will go down in history as greatness.

The PS3 on the other hand has one two of the best games of all time, according to game reviewers(Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4), and a game that revolutionized creativity on consoles(LittleBigPlanet). And let's note that the PS3 is just getting started. A lot of those games on the PS3 list aren't even out yet, so it still has a lot of the juice in the tank while the 360 is running on empty with only a few exclusives coming out at all in the future.

So yeah, the PS3 wins. Sorry 360 people, but you might want to buy a PS3 if you want to expirence the best gaming has to offer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    So yeah, the PS3 wins. Sorry 360 people, but you might want to buy a PS3 if you want to expirence the best gaming has to offer these days.
    No thanks. I'm perfectly content with my X-Box 360 and I am getting the best gaming that's offered these days. The PS3 controller sucks and their exclusives are nothing special to me, except Uncharted 2 because that's a great game. I'll happily pay for my X-Box Live account. Fifty dollars a year for X-Box Live is well worth it and not expensive at all. If $50 seems like a whole lot of money to you, get a job.

Have fun with your PS3.

Banned

Default Re: PS3 vs. 360 debate. Which to get?

I don't get whats the point with xbox vs. ps3 debate. you aren't going to change any faboys minds. and even if you do its not like micorsoft or sony is giving you commission

Banned

PS3 has the best exclusive games, 100% free PSN, better hardware, better operating system, and RELIABLE HARDWARE(something Microsoft knows nothing about, since over 1/3rd of Xbox 360's randomly die for no reason).

Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo Reach
    Halo Wars
    Gears Of War 2
    Forza 2
    Forza 3
    Crackdown
    Crackdown 2
    Fable 2
    Fable 3
    Alan Wake
    Kameo

Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Killzone 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Demon's Souls
    inFamous
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Last Guardian
    Heavy Rain
    Valkirya Chronicles
    God Of War 3
    Yakuza 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Agent
    MAG
    Warhawk
    Mod Nation Racers
    Final Fantasy Versus 13
    Heavenly Sword
    Twisted Metal PS3

The 360 just has a whole bunch of Halo sequels and a few other good games, but not much coming out for the future. Also note how the 360 doesn't have any games that will go down in history as greatness.

The PS3 on the other hand has one two of the best games of all time, according to game reviewers(Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4), and a game that revolutionized creativity on consoles(LittleBigPlanet). And let's note that the PS3 is just getting started. A lot of those games on the PS3 list aren't even out yet, so it still has a lot of the juice in the tank while the 360 is running on empty with only a few exclusives coming out at all in the future.

im not a sony or xbox fanboy or anything but most of those ps3 titles you posted dont have longevity. yea you can play em for a couple of weeks and beat the game but then what? xbox greatest strength is its online. thats why for cross system online games like mw 2 for example the real competition and online gaming is on xbox. the ps3 is nice to have for single player i guess and to make your living room look nice.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

PS3 has easily beaten the 360 since 08 and it looks like it's going to stay that way with titles like:

God of War 3
    Final Fantasy Versus
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Heavy Rain
    The Last Guardian
    Gran Turismo 5
    MAG
    etc

The only 360 exclusives I care about are all the RPGs, no variety.

Some AAA PS3 exlusive titles since 08

Metal Gear Solid 4
    Killzone 2
    Infamous
    Uncharted 2
    Valkyrie Chronicles

I only play online with 1-2 games so the fact that PS3 online is free is nice. Bluray is a plus too. You can browse the internet and is a media poowerhouse.

Real talk, the ony reason I bought the 360 was for the rpgs.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh
    im not a sony or xbox fanboy or anything but most of those ps3 titles you posted dont have longevity. yea you can play em for a couple of weeks and beat the game but then what? xbox greatest strength is its online. thats why for cross system online games like mw 2 for example the real competition and online gaming is on xbox. the ps3 is nice to have for single player i guess and to make your living room look nice.
    I agree with this and I own a ps3. I only got the ps3 for exlusives like Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Demon

why 360 >>> PS3

Banned

[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22] I agree with this and I own a ps3. I only got the ps3 for exlusives like Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Demon

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

This sounds awfully familiar... Oh that's right, these arguments were made in support of the original xbox vs ps2. Funny how that works

Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo Reach
    Halo Wars
    Gears Of War 2
    Forza 2
    Forza 3
    Crackdown
    Crackdown 2
    Fable 2
    Fable 3
    Alan Wake
    Kameo

Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Resistance
    Resistance 2
    Killzone 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Demon's Souls
    inFamous
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Last Guardian
    Heavy Rain
    Valkirya Chronicles
    God Of War 3
    Yakuza 3
    Gran Turismo 5
    Agent
    MAG
    Warhawk
    Mod Nation Racers
    Final Fantasy Versus 13
    Heavenly Sword
    Twisted Metal PS3

Hi, we are Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead. You may have missed the 2 threads dedicated to these titles on the front page of this forum.

Bold: It's a well known fact game reviews are bought. Both good games, but saying for certain they are two of the best games of all time is a matter of opinion.

I like the part about the ps3 just getting started though. How long have you been waiting on GT5?

The best advice is what SonicR has repeated in these threads. Whatever system your friends use is the one you're going to enjoy the most. Single player offline content is dying on the console.

Banned

just read this whole thread, the idiotic statements from LoJ are hilarious.

"360 has better first party games"

how can you even argue this? the strength in the xbox is the 3rd party support, and online multiplayer

Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo Reach
    Halo Wars
    Gears Of War 2
    Forza 2
    Forza 3
    Crackdown
    Crackdown 2
    Fable 2
    Fable 3
    Alan Wake
    Kameo

uhhhhh, i think you forgot a few:

dead rising
    gears of war
    shadow complex
    mass effect
    mass effect 2
    lost odyssey
    blue dragon
    left 4 dead
    left 4 dead 2

talk about a blatant fanboy....

the whole "exclusive titles" argument is a wash. both consoles have plenty of great exclusives and if you are saying that one set is better than the other you are basically just a fanboy.

Banned