Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant 81 point game

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I love how much Im getting pointlessly bashed by pointless posters in this thread for 1 picture and a few anti-Kobe comments.
    Your actually not getting pointlessly bashed...Actually, no one really bashed you, just pointed out your hater comments....No big deal.

It was rather entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Lets see, the Knicks are just praying they can unload Jeffries and then land 2 superstars, basing their entire future on crossed fingers.

The Suns are mediocre 8th seed team right now who arent relying on luck in 2010.
    Dude, honestly I hate the situation the Knicks are in right now. But I think I'd much rather have the chance at Lebron or Wade and Bosh, than a no-win situation first round exit as the 8th seed as a best case scenario. Nash is getting up there, you counting on Amare to stick around? And than what do we have left? You don't even have Raja Bell anymore to maybe do a body slam next time Kobe drives to the basket.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Dude, honestly I hate the situation the Knicks are in right now. But I think I'd much rather have the chance at Lebron or Wade and Bosh, than a no-win situation first round exit as the 8th seed as a best case scenario. Nash is getting up there, you counting on Amare to stick around? And than what do we have left? You don't even have Raja Bell anymore to maybe do a body slam next time Kobe drives to the basket.
    Suns have a chance at FAs, dont forget how cheap Sarver is, meaning we will be having big $$ quite soon...

But I REALLLYYYY dont feel like talking about the future of the Suns and taking over a thread about it.

Then again, this thread is already destined to e-hell.

damn, it's really hard to believe people in this thread are literally trying to play off Kobe's accomplishment like it's no big deal lol. it's okay if you dislike him as a player or even a person, but it's silly when you act like 81 points is an unremarkable feat.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

It was pretty historic when it comes to the NBA history. Pretty good accomplishment right there. I do like to watch it every now and then. I missed out on the game, wished I would've watched it when it first played live.

[QUOTE=Abraham Lincoln]Tis the truth.

Russell was 6'11 by modern measurement standards, & the centers were not midgets at the time. Unlike then our top center today is a 6'9 power forward with horrific body balance.

Walter Dukes (7'0", 220 lbs.)
    Swede Halbrook (7'3, 235 lbs.)
    Tom Boerwinkle (7'0", 265 lbs.)
    Bob Lanier (6'11", 265 lbs.)
    Darrall Imhoff (6'10", 220 lbs.)
    Otto Moore (6'11", 210 lbs.)
    Sam Lacey (6'10", 235 lbs.)
    George Johnson (6'11", 245 lbs.)
    Paul Ruffner (6'10", 230 lbs.)
    Dick Cunningham (6'10", 245 lbs.)
    Walt Bellamy (6'11", 225 lbs.)
    Leroy Ellis (6'10", 210 lbs.)
    Nate Thurmond (6'11", 235 lbs.)
    Mel Counts (7'0", 235 lbs.)
    Nate Bowman (6'10", 230 lbs.)
    Clyde Lee (6'10", 210 lbs.)
    Walt Wesley (6'11", 230 lbs.)
    Henry Akin (6'10", 225 lbs.)
    Hank Finkel (7'0", 240 lbs.)
    Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (7'2", 225 lbs.)
    Neal Walk (6'10", 220 lbs.)
    Elmore Smith (7'0", 250 lbs.)
    Jim McDaniels (6'11", 230 lbs.)
    LaRue Martin (6'11", 215 lbs.)
    Tom Riker (6'10", 225 lbs.)
    Conrad Dierking (6'9", 225 lbs.)
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantLegacy
    This thread should be in the Lakers Forum, posting on the Nba forum will just cause more drama.
    This. Laker fans are attention whores. They like to have the SAME THREAD in two different forums just to get attention. Look at me!! I am a laker fan!!!

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    This. Laker fans are attention whores. They like to have the SAME THREAD in two different forums just to get attention. Look at me!! I am a laker fan!!!
    interesting way to interpret the thread.. I thought the point of the thread was to revisit this accomplishment and discuss.

But what do i know, its not like thats what he fukcing said..

You win the award for the weakest Hater protest of All-Time!!!!!!
    Is that the best you got????.......Really?????
    Waaa waaaa waaaa The Lakers Fans are posting in two places.....really????
    I think everything posted on the main board has also been posted on a team page....so WTF......wow!!!!
    I'm sorry that the Lakers winning the Championship has made your life so miserable....deal with it.....MAN UP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    You win the award for the weakest Hater protest of All-Time!!!!!!
    Is that the best you got????.......Really?????
    Waaa waaaa waaaa The Lakers Fans are posting in two places.....really????
    I think everything posted on the main board has also been posted on a team page....so WTF......wow!!!!
    I'm sorry that the Lakers winning the Championship has made your life so miserable....deal with it.....MAN UP!!!!
    What does this have to do with winning a championship. I love it how you guys view THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP as a personal accomplishment. Are you going to put it on your resume? Seriously, their no need for all of these Laker only topics you put in the NBA forum. Fans of other teams rarely do it.

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    interesting way to interpret the thread.. I thought the point of the thread was to revisit this accomplishment and discuss.

But what do i know, its not like thats what he fukcing said..
    Revisit? It was just three and a half years ago! You make it seem like it happened 10 years ago or something.

lol @ people saying anyone could get 81 against the Raptors with 46 shots. There's only a handful of players in the league who could get off 46 shots in a game, never mind them making 28 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    lol @ people saying anyone could get 81 against the Raptors with 46 shots. There's only a handful of players in the league who could get off 46 shots in a game, never mind them making 28 of them.
    Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Because no one in their right mind has the audacity to take 46 shots in a single game.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Anyone who is capable of scoring in bunches or going on a hot streak. Yes, absolutely, 100%.
    Slight exaggeration on my part, either way though.. to imply that anyone who can go on 'hot streaks' could score 81 points in a game is ridiculous.

What does this have to do with winning a championship. I love it how you guys view THEIR CHAMPIONSHIP as a personal accomplishment. Are you going to put it on your resume? Seriously, their no need for all of these Laker only topics you put in the NBA forum. Fans of other teams rarely do it.
    Take off those Hater colored glasses of yours.......have you looked at all the ridiculous threads on the main page???? I wish more of the threads were actually about something rather than sheer stupid posts and hater comments.
    This was beyond a doubt, if not the greatest performance in NBA history, then in the top 5.....period!!!!!!!! I think that is certainly worth talking about.....and it's not going away!!!!!
    Don't cry man....I know you wish the Suns hadn't imploded by trading Marion for Shaq and had actually won a championship....EVER.....then you would know what it feels like......then maybe you could release all that hate