Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Force is with you. LongLived#24's Avatar

Default Who would win a fight Lion or Tiger???

Just came across this wicked fight between a male lion and a male tiger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpiirtiPWu8

I would put my money on a lion because, they're more aggressive, male lions are born and built to fight and their main role is to protect his pride, hence having more fighting experience. Pus a Male lion has a mane to protect his neck from choke holds and also makes the lion appear larger and intimidating. Tigers on the other hand are more suited as a predator then a fighter. Although they are slightly heavier and slightly more agile, they lack the aggressiveness and experience in combat that a male lion possess. Keep in mind, tigers are also solitary cats, so their natural instinct would to avoid any sort of confrontation because fighting just spells out STARVATION. Because any sort of severe injury would spoil it's chances to hunt, while male lions can risk injuries because they have a pride to support and take care of males. Male lions don't hunt anyway, their only job is to protect the pride from other male lions or hyenas, the females usually do the hunting.

So take your pic

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Default Re: Who would win a fight Lion or Tiger???

The King of the damn jungle obviously.

A bear, oh my!

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

tigers fight better when they are hurt.

코비=GOAT

There is a popular notion that a lion is meant for fighting whereas a tiger is meant for hunting and hence a lion will win in a tiger-lion fight. Some people mention that like a pitbull can own larger dogs, a lion can defeat a tiger since, like the pitbull, the lion is meant to be a fighter. This is a bad comparison. That a lion plays the role of a fighter in a pride doesn

Banned

If its a female lion vs. tiger then it would be a real fight. The male lion is just lazy. All it does is sit underneath a tree and lets the female do all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
    tigers fight better when they are hurt.
    Hunting and fighting are two completely different things. Tigers are more suited to hunting then a lion because a tiger is faster and more agile, while Lions are more built to fight. For example Male lions only job is to fight off other males and hyenas and protect his cubs and his females, AKA the 'pride'. Tigers are solitary cats, thus usually avoiding any sort of confrontation with any other competition.

코비=GOAT

Decent college freshman

AFO on ISH

[QUOTE=shlver]There is a popular notion that a lion is meant for fighting whereas a tiger is meant for hunting and hence a lion will win in a tiger-lion fight. Some people mention that like a pitbull can own larger dogs, a lion can defeat a tiger since, like the pitbull, the lion is meant to be a fighter. This is a bad comparison. That a lion plays the role of a fighter in a pride doesn

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by LongLived#24
    You are completely false, for starters Male lions usually weigh around 550 pounds, while bengal tigers weigh up to 570, and siberian tigers weigh around 600 pounds. Many scientists confirm siberian tigers weight have been over exaggerated and the bengal tiger may actually be even bigger. Also it is not a myth that lions are born fighters. Why do you think Lions have big manes to protect it's neck from choke holds? Also lions forequarters are stronger, hence more strength from it's paws. Lions also produce more testorone, hence higher aggressiveness. Tigers are more suited hunters, that's why the have stronger hindquarters for pouncing and leaping on prey and that's why they are more agile. Also in Roman Times Lions were victorious 9 out of ten times in the pit fights, which is why the Romans gave the lion the name 'King of Beasts'. Even the bible states this.
    Okay. I think agility plays a big part in fights.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Okay. I think agility plays a big part in fights.
    You are completely clueless, check this site out, all big cat experts favor the Lion in a fight.
    http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict7.html

코비=GOAT

You are completely clueless, check this site out, all big cat experts favor the Lion in a fight.
    http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict7.html
    Calm down. You asked for an opinion, I gave it based on different points. You don't have to call me clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Calm down. You asked for an opinion, I gave it based on different points. You don't have to call me clueless.
    Nah I'm cool, I'm just trying to inform you which is the superior big cat of all. The Lion isn't called the 'King of beast' for nothing. But whatever Tigers are majestic creaures as well...

코비=GOAT

Nah I'm cool, I'm just trying to inform you which is the superior big cat of all. The Lion isn't called the 'King of beast' for nothing. But whatever Tigers are majestic creaures as well...
    I guess. Is there a statistic on who has won more?