Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: eurobasket2009

Default Re: eurobasket2009

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    ok just to name a few. berni rodriguez,carlos jimenez,Lorbek,Cabezas
    o.k I know that stats dont mean a lot but surely these stats can't be the stats of the best player of a euroleague team.
    6,8 pts per game 1,3 rebounds and 0.7 assists.
    mm don't think so.
    Berni's for example,10,5pts 1,6 rebs and 2,5 assists!
    in terms of stats rankings the one were u add points,rebs,steals,blocks etc etc you know the one. he ranks 10th!
    behind,Ndong,jimenez,santiago,cabezas,berni rodriguez,marcus faison,pepe sanchez,jiri welsch,marcus brown!!!
    Exactly, no surprise there's no response to this from Lakas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Exactly, no surprise there's no response to this from Lakas.
    Get real. Most of those players suck. Guys like Faison, Santiago, Sanchez were complete scrubs even. One of the worst posts he ever made on this site if he believes that. Vasilieiadis is FAR better than most those players he mentioned. That was a comical post he made.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 10-19-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Get real. Most of those players suck. Guys like Faison, Santiago, Sanchez were complete scrubs even. One of the worst posts he ever made on this site if he believes that. Vasilieiadis is FAR better than most those players he mentioned. That was a comical post he made.
    O.k you think pepe Sanchez and daniel Santiago are scrubs,fair enough,it's your opinion.but explain to me how a player with 6,8 points per game and 1,7 rebounds a game is the best player of a top acb team?Please because I can't explain it.and why is this superstar of european basketball playing for Spain's smallest club xacobeo bluesens? where he is not even the best player.

Banned

O.k you think pepe Sanchez and daniel Santiago are scrubs,fair enough,it's your opinion.but explain to me how a player with 6,8 points per game and 1,7 rebounds a game is the best player of a top acb team?Please because I can't explain it.and why is this superstar of european basketball playing for Spain's smallest club xacobeo bluesens? where he is not even the best player.
    I am starting to lose faith in your basketball knowledge. I thought you had good basketball knowledge, but I am starting to wonder. The only players from that Malaga team that you can debate with Vasileiadis were Cabezas, Jimenez, and maybe Welsh. Cabezas is a lot more inconsistent than Vasileiadis though and Welsh isn't as talented a scorer or shooter as Vasileiadis. The others you listed were certainly not as good as him then. And I don't go for a strict stats argument. That is something only NBA fans do. You can't be telling me that you think Berni Rodriguez is better than Vasileiadis.

Vasileiadis was a young player just starting there so they would not play him over Berni and Cabezas who had been there for years or Welsh who was coming from the NBA. But certainly Vasilieiadis is easily in the same level as any of those players if not in fact more talented. Actually the only guy on that entire Malaga roster that has his scoring ability is Lorbek. But I guess you and Grinder think Lorbek sucks too because he was on Malaga's bench and playing even less than Vasileiadis.

You guys are just wrong on this one. Vasileiadis is a decent athlete, he has decent size, he's a good passer, decent ball handler, he's a good defender, a pretty good rebounder for his position, and he's an absolute lights out shooter and scorer.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 10-21-2009 at 12:37 AM.

I am starting to lose faith in your basketball knowledge. I thought you had good basketball knowledge, but I am starting to wonder. The only players from that Malaga team that you can debate with Vasileiadis were Cabezas, Jimenez, and maybe Welsh. Cabezas is a lot more inconsistent than Vasileiadis though and Welsh isn't as talented a scorer or shooter as Vasileiadis. The others you listed were certainly not as good as him then. And I don't go for a strict stats argument. That is something only NBA fans do. You can't be telling me that you think Berni Rodriguez is better than Vasileiadis.

Vasileiadis was a young player just starting there so they would not play him over Berni and Cabezas who had been there for years or Welsh who was coming from the NBA. But certainly Vasilieiadis is easily in the same level as any of those players if not in fact more talented. Actually the only guy on that entire Malaga roster that has his scoring ability is Lorbek. But I guess you and Grinder think Lorbek sucks too because he was on Malaga's bench and playing even less than Vasileiadis.

You guys are just wrong on this one. Vasileiadis is a decent athlete, he has decent size, he's a good passer, decent ball handler, he's a good defender, a pretty good rebounder for his position, and he's an absolute lights out shooter and scorer.
    you are missing the point.I am not arguing against Vasileiadis being a good player ,my argument is against your opinion that Vasileiadis was unicaja's best player,which he arguably wasn't.

Banned

That "scrub" Vasileiadis is now up to 5th in the ACB in scoring.

Banned

That "horrible player Kaimakoglou" that "joke to be on the Greek national team" is averaging 17 points per game with a 14 ranking in the Euroleague. It is more than obvious that Greece has more depth than Spain does.

I love all the Euro squads, but my favorite is Serbia.

Last edited by Huey Freeman; 11-12-2009 at 02:40 PM.

That "horrible player Kaimakoglou" that "joke to be on the Greek national team" is averaging 17 points per game with a 14 ranking in the Euroleague. It is more than obvious that Greece has more depth than Spain does.
    man what is your problem?1st of all, understand the argument.Vasileiadis was not unicaja's best player the season you mentioned,that is all. Vasileiadis is doing well in a minor team in the ACB,infact very well. Kaimakoglu I never mentioned,and if you put "horrible player" in inverted comas as if it is a quote I used, its wrong as I have never said that.
    I think Greece is a great side ,I have a lot of respect for Greek basketball,but at the moment they are missing something,they can't compete against Spain at the moment,proof are their last few official encounters.

Banned

man what is your problem?1st of all, understand the argument.Vasileiadis was not unicaja's best player the season you mentioned,that is all. Vasileiadis is doing well in a minor team in the ACB,infact very well. Kaimakoglu I never mentioned,and if you put "horrible player" in inverted comas as if it is a quote I used, its wrong as I have never said that.
    I think Greece is a great side ,I have a lot of respect for Greek basketball,but at the moment they are missing something,they can't compete against Spain at the moment,proof are their last few official encounters.
    I am talking to Grinder not you. He never watches European basketball and keeps pretending he is an expert on it. And he has half this site believing what he says. He is distorting every facet of European game here. As for Greece and Spain the difference is Greece does not have Pau.

But that is all. For Grinder to be saying players like Vasileiadis and Kaimakoglou are bad players is ridiculous. Actually they are two of the most talented small forwards in Europe. Grinder is just a Euro hater.

Decent playground baller

Probably half of the top Greek players have not been on the team in recent years. My point is if they are it will be a close game. Actually the only good scorer Greece has ever even brought is Spanoulis. Kazlauskas is changing the team and will select a bunch of scorers. He simply did not have time this first summer. But you seem to fail to realize that Greece always brought only a defensive team and never any shooters or scorers and almost none of the athletic players. Actually I am a bit surprised you should know a guy like Vasiliadis if you are Spanish. Most considered him Malaga's best player when he was there. That's just one example of several players that would never play because the team selections were based solely on defense and shooting and scoring was not considered. Greece's team next year will be full of scorers and shooters. So just keep that in mind.
    Yeah, most considered him Malaga's best player

But the truth is that he was waived and he was the 8th top scorer of the team, the 10th in the efficiency ranking and 11th in minutes played per game

More over he had an enormous inability for defense

And we are talking about the worst Malaga team of the recent years in ACB, after Garbajosa's departure

However, despite having a horrible domestic season, they did a great european season and managed to qualify for the F4. The funny thing about it, is that Vassileaidis didnt play a single minute in the F4 decisive match against CSKA, and any minute in any of two of the three play-off matches that Malaga had to play against Barcelona for arriving to the F4 at the last 8 of euroleague knock-out

But also in the Top 16 of Euroleague, Vassileiadis averaged only 9 minutes per game

But yes, he was the best player on Malaga. As I've said already lots of times, its impossible you are european, because your lack of knowledge is so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so big, that its impossible to believe

With that im not saying he is a bad player. But in Malaga, he was a deep, deep, bench player, who played most of his minutes in matches that where already over or matches without importance (for eg the two matches where he played the most was against Badalona, where his team lost by 52 points and the consolation match of F4 against TAU)

His importance at Malaga, was similar, being very generous to Jordan Farmars at Lakers (I know they play in different positions)

Decent playground baller

Im not saying Vassileiadis is not a good player

At the moment he is playing at the poorest team of ACB and he is having great stats. But saying he was the the best player at Malaga is something crazy

And mention him like an important man when comparing rosters with Spain is laughable. He is not a better player than Dikoudis, Hatzivrettas, Papadopoulos or Kakiouzis where. Neither is Pelekanos who is remembered as one of the worst players ever in the history of Real Madrid, a complete scrub

I am talking to Grinder not you. He never watches European basketball and keeps pretending he is an expert on it. And he has half this site believing what he says. He is distorting every facet of European game here. As for Greece and Spain the difference is Greece does not have Pau.

But that is all. For Grinder to be saying players like Vasileiadis and Kaimakoglou are bad players is ridiculous. Actually they are two of the most talented small forwards in Europe. Grinder is just a Euro hater.
    but did spain not hammer greece in the world championships without Pau?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman

At the moment he is playing at the poorest team of ACB and he is having great stats. But saying he was the the best player at Malaga is something crazy

And mention him like an important man when comparing rosters with Spain is laughable. He is not a better player than Dikoudis, Hatzivrettas, Papadopoulos or Kakiouzis where. Neither is Pelekanos who is remembered as one of the worst players ever in the history of Real Madrid, a complete scrub
    thank you hyman i was losing faith trying to argue my point with my friend lakas.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman

You have no knowledge of players like Vasileiadis or Pelekanos at all.