Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: 30 minute Lebron video and a totally statless case for him to be top 20 ever. Today.

Yo kblaze your video's good and I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but bruceblitz makes some of the greatest videos of ALL TIME!!!!

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: 30 minute Lebron video and a totally statless case for him to be top 20 ever. Today.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Yo kblaze your video's good and I'm happy for you and Imma let you finish, but bruceblitz makes some of the greatest videos of ALL TIME!!!!

McCants is Available!!

College star

I think you committed the cardinal sin comparing skills/players abilities over different eras (Bron vs Baylor etc), but other than that I kinda agree. Bron is an MVP-winning stat-stuffer (in a positive way) who got his team to the finals when that team actually had no business to make it that far. Had some memorable playoff performances, some bad ones. Sounds exactly top-15 to top 25ish to me, even if his career ends now.

I stopped reading past the Elgin Baylor part. I don't know how somone in their right mind has LeBron ahead of Baylor career wise already.

Like the hispanic guys say: Tu eres loco en la cabeza.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont know if id put it that way. But all Elgin Baylor really did is have Lebrons 2007 season like 8 times. Only he did it with Jerry West next to him and not Larry Hughes. He did it enough that the accomplishments pile up in his favor totals wise. But not as far as what he actually got done on the floor.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by ShaquilleIzzle
    Kblaze, not to go off-topic but how do you feel about the Cavs-Magic series if they do face off looking at it now, would Shaq be able to neutralize Dwight?
    Kblaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Taking it to a one game thing is no different than people saying "So Steve Kerr>barkley" when someone mentiones rings as an issue.

Tony Delk scoring 53 is not the same as Lebron being better than someone who played a long time. You are as good as you are able to play on a regular basis.

If two players are equal for 10 years and one plays better for 10 more and the other retires...the one who played 20 years doesnt get a better jumper in retrospect. They were exactly as good as they played.

You dont get better because you play the same way for a long time. You get better when you play better. And you cant play better than you already played. All you can do is add to your legacy. which does nothing for your ability to play basketball while building it. No extra jumpers fall. No extra defense played. Legacy is not ability at any given point.

So you think a guy who averages 20/10 for 1 year is the same as a guy who averages 20/10 for 10 years?

Each to his own.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Longevity doesnt put the ball i nthe basket. Lebron retires today hes no better than if he plays on the same level for 20 years. Hes the same person. People dont get better in retrospect when they add to their legacy. Unless its a situation like Walton where a guy misses years at a time and is healthy for like 3 seasons ever...fine.

But Lebron vs most of these guys? Not much of a factor.
    You really think longevity shouldn't matter that much? Since the Kobe vs. Lebron has already been brought up lets expand on that. You keep talking about how you would take Lebron over all these guys on your team, but it sounds like your only talking about them at their best. I would probably take Lebron at his best over Kobe at his best. But lets say both Kobe and Lebron's careers ended tomorrow. Knowing that Lebron's career only lasts 6 seasons, while Kobe's last 13 seasons, would you really take Lebron over Kobe to start a team? 6 years of Lebron over 13 years of Kobe? There's no way I would take Lebron. Thats why I would say Kobe>Lebron all-time right now.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    So you think a guy who averages 20/10 for 1 year is the same as a guy who averages 20/10 for 10 years?

Each to his own.
    You mean 'to each his own'. Good attempt though.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kblaze, not to go off-topic but how do you feel about the Cavs-Magic series if they do face off looking at it now, would Shaq be able to neutralize Dwight?
    No. he will do better than Z and Anderson but he wont stop him exactly. But Dwight isnt stopped in a traditional. half his points arent really defended. He jumps over you gets a rebound and puts it back. Or he runs the break for an easy one. He will do that vs anyone. And with Carter now? And a healthy Jameer?

The Magic can beat anyone in the east. I dont expect it. But they shouldnt be looked past.

Each to his own.
    Show me the players. In 1999 id have taken 2 year Duncans 20/10 over 15 years of Karl Malones to that point. those 15 years wouldnt help me in the playoffs would they?

20/10 isnt 20/10. gotta give me the players in question.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: 30 minute Lebron video and a totally statless case for him to be top 20 ever. Tod

lebron doesn't even sniff my top 40, but i guess we must be looking at these rankings in a different light. I think its insulting to place him above guys like malone, stockton, baylor, west.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Blasphemy!!!

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Default Re: 30 minute Lebron video and a totally statless case for him to be top 20 ever. Tod

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    lebron doesn't even sniff my top 40, but i guess we must be looking at these rankings in a different light. I think its insulting to place him above guys like malone, stockton, baylor, west.

These guys are usually the first to get sh!ted on, than everybody gives them what I call pitty props. For example, they will say stuff like "not to take anything from Malone but.... " or Stockton was great but... "

Stockton has achieved things Lebronze couldn't even dream of.