Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: FDA bans cloves, black and milds, + more

Primetimes aren't included, so it's all good people.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Primetimes aren't included, so it's all good people.

new avy possiblities here...

this is some serious bull**** **** that man

I rule the local playground

i see this ruining the lives of weed smokers, if you can't get a strawberry or grape dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by kenuffff
    i see this ruining the lives of weed smokers, if you can't get a strawberry or grape dutch.
    those particular weed smokers don't have a life to ruin...

I love how people have that jackass mentality of "it doesnt affect me, so i dont care"

Well, sooner or later, something they ban, or tax WILL invade into your little world, and what then?

Its anyone's god given right to smoke these things....why is this being banned to begin with? Health reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I love how people have that jackass mentality of "it doesnt affect me, so i dont care"

Well, sooner or later, something they ban, or tax WILL invade into your little world, and what then?

Its anyone's god given right to smoke these things....why is this being banned to begin with? Health reasons?
    flavored tobacco targets children, if you want a cherry flavored cigarette it is safe to say you are very young...and yes, just like crack it is your god given right to smoke anything, that doesn't mean it has to be legal...

I smoked for 15 years of my life, I wish tobacco was just flat out illegal...let the black market have that sh*t...f*ck it...

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Well I quit smoking 2 weeks ago so I don't particularly care.

Still, the government is overstepping itself. If people want to give themselves lung-cancer, let them do it.

Yes, nicotine is addictive. I loved it. Loved it loved it loved it. Went from 1 cig every few days to 5-7 a day in about 2.5 years. But I realized that whatever little rush I got from it was not worth having lung cancer later in life. I quit cold turkey, and I haven't been tempted since. The times I've thought about it, I just imagine myself getting the bad news at 50 that I have lung cancer and the pain it would bring to my family and future-children. It's just not worth it.

With all that being said, I completely support the right of others to give themselves lung-cancer--it's the American way.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    flavored tobacco targets children, if you want a cherry flavored cigarette it is safe to say you are very young...and yes, just like crack it is your god given right to smoke anything, that doesn't mean it has to be legal...

I smoked for 15 years of my life, I wish tobacco was just flat out illegal...let the black market have that sh*t...f*ck it...
    end the war on drugs. It's peoples personal choice if they want to **** their lives up with drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    end the war on drugs. It's peoples personal choice if they want to **** their lives up with drugs...
    unfortunatly those personal choices ruins the lives of those that choose not to do them...

like visirale said, he quit smoking because it would crush his family, not himself...

kids are idiots, I know because I used to be one...I don't want every drug in the world available to them...f*ck that...

and I know kids can get almost anything anyway, but it sure was a whole hell of alot harder to find some heroin than it was a six pack and some smokes when I was 16...

Quote Originally Posted by visirale

Still, the government is overstepping itself. If people want to give themselves lung-cancer, let them do it.
    And with Socialized Health Care it's my tax dollar that will have to pay for the smokers hospital bills.

If you want to smoke, go for it... but IF you smoke, you should have to pay your own medical expenses... or just die.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    unfortunatly those personal choices ruins the lives of those that choose not to do them...

Ah, youre this type of person. Frankly there is no reasoning with this type of lame duck logic.

if you honestly think that this law is intended to protect "children" and non-smokers and not to make tobacco companies billions of dollars then your probably still in grade school. Flavored tobacco are pretty much diarum cloves and that brand is coincidentally not owned by huge tobacco

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    if you honestly think that this law is intended to protect "children" and non-smokers and not to make tobacco companies billions of dollars then your probably still in grade school. Flavored tobacco are pretty much diarum cloves and that brand is coincidentally not owned by huge tobacco
    Wait... explain your logic, because I see none. Everyone profits from the existence of a product. No one profits from the absence of one. Djarum is a much larger market than you think. In specialty tobacco stores there are more flavored-tobacco products than non-flavored-tobacco products... all that withstanding, I return to my original point. Do you think the kids that were thinking about smoking a fruity cigarette are going to be "Hmmm, no cherry's guess I'll have to go straight to Marlboro Reds!" I doubt it, and if they do they'll most likely vomit. For once, this legislation isn't about earning big-tobacco companies money. Flavored cigarettes serve as a "gateway drug" of sorts to non-flavored mainstream brands. This bill attempts to save lives and money in terms of healthcare.

djarum isn't an american-based company. You have no idea how kids think. Just because it's candy flavored doesn't mean they'll like it. Kids typically do things people tell them they can't do, like drugs.