Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

  1. #1
    ...
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,651

    Default At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    I'm about 5'11 now (still 13), but based on how tall my family members are, I am probably gonna end up at 6'1 or 6'2, how high will i have to jump to dunk?

  2. #2
    King of ISH bballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,900

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I'm about 5'11 now (still 13), but based on how tall my family members are, I am probably gonna end up at 6'1 or 6'2, how high will i have to jump to dunk?
    depends on your reach. lets say you could reach 8 feet high, then a 24 inch verticle would get you rim, but you need about 2 or three more. it doesnt matter about your height, its your reach. i would say about 27-30 inch running jump to get it, which isnt that hard to achieve

  3. #3
    Very good NBA starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,396

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I'm about 5'11 now (still 13), but based on how tall my family members are, I am probably gonna end up at 6'1 or 6'2, how high will i have to jump to dunk?
    I slammed when I was 6'2, I was chubby too, your vertical will be enough for you to dunk naturally at 6'3, but 6'2 you will probebly just hvae to be playying ball constantly and be in good shape. I was playing ball alot, but was chubby so that held me down.

  4. #4
    Not airballing my layups anymore
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    about 32-36 inches should do the job, assuming you have average length arms. This also is about the average verticals of college players.

  5. #5
    Love me or Hate me Unreal Skill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    629

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    If you play basketball and in shape, you should be close to dunking. Do some workout program for vertical and you shall be able to dunk at 6'2.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    I could dunk and im 14 [6'1 mabey 6'2 now] and its really not that hard...During the summer I just played basketball all day long, jumped rope, did a few polymetrics a week. Before the summer, I could of only grabbed the high part of the net, and now im dunking. I didnt buy any of those programs. Just did the classic stuff and it worked. You should grow and I hope you the best

    Its sucky dunk but hey, a dunk is a dunk ;p

  7. #7
    iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    chicago, illinois.
    Posts
    4,605

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    yeah i'm about 6'1" and my verticals like 17" .. and i'm nowhere near dunking, i still would need about another 7 inches on a good day to throw it down. some days for me i can wrap my fingers around the rim and some days i can barely even touch under the rim.. it sucks because i weigh 180, i should be able to get up there, a big part is genetics . like i have a friend who's about 5'6 or 5'7 and can float, probably weighs about 120 and he's yes, of course black . damn white people breeding black people in slave times ..

  8. #8
    ...
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,651

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    yeah i'm about 6'1" and my verticals like 17" .. and i'm nowhere near dunking, i still would need about another 7 inches on a good day to throw it down. some days for me i can wrap my fingers around the rim and some days i can barely even touch under the rim.. it sucks because i weigh 180, i should be able to get up there, a big part is genetics . like i have a friend who's about 5'6 or 5'7 and can float, probably weighs about 120 and he's yes, of course black . damn white people breeding black people in slave times ..
    Just try to work out and you should be fine.

    I weigh 135 and i can touch rim.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    http://dunknow.com

    you'll be able to fly if you do that program, hotsizzle did it and he said it added good inches to his vert and he was able to dunk effortlessly after that

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by bbl4l
    http://dunknow.com

    you'll be able to fly if you do that program, hotsizzle did it and he said it added good inches to his vert and he was able to dunk effortlessly after that

    is this really good? becuase i can do a very bad dunk, and looking to just slam it down

  11. #11
    ...
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,651

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    I could dunk and im 14 [6'1 mabey 6'2 now] and its really not that hard...During the summer I just played basketball all day long, jumped rope, did a few polymetrics a week. Before the summer, I could of only grabbed the high part of the net, and now im dunking. I didnt buy any of those programs. Just did the classic stuff and it worked. You should grow and I hope you the best

    Its sucky dunk but hey, a dunk is a dunk ;p
    What are polymetrics and just wondering, where did you buy your jumprope from and for how much?

    Because i want to get one.

  12. #12
    Saw a basketball once
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Im 13 and 6.1 with a 35 inch vert or sumtn i can get more than my hand over 10ft and i can touch 10ft from a standstill...

  13. #13
    Valar Morghulis jamal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadPropz
    Im 13 and 6.1 with a 35 inch vert or sumtn i can get more than my hand over 10ft and i can touch 10ft from a standstill...
    LOL. U are 13 and 35 inch vert? Im 17 and believe that Im not near that vert, but dunking, cause Im 7'1...

  14. #14
    ...
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,651

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    LOL. U are 13 and 35 inch vert? Im 17 and believe that Im not near that vert, but dunking, cause Im 7'1...
    Shaq has a 35 inch, and is almost exactly your height.

  15. #15
    NBA All-star baseketball4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

    Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    is this really good? becuase i can do a very bad dunk, and looking to just slam it down
    im strongly thinking about trying it myself, but i know a few people who have with great results... my cousin is 5'11 and increased his vert by 13 inches and can easily dunk now... its like when he jumps hes got springs on the bottom of his shoes


    i think its legit, but its a long program and you gotta follow it closely... 28 weeks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •