Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Nba 2k10

Default Re: Nba 2k10

Quote Originally Posted by montaownedu
    I don't know if i'm missing something... but since i've started playing my player mode, during regular games I can't change my player. I am only allowed to use the point guard which is what my guy is in my player. Is this a glitch, or do I need to change some settings?
    I think its a glitch in the 360. Neve rhappened to me on the PS3. I was over at a friends house and he was in My Player mode and he quit so we could start a regular game. His player was locked in SG at the start of the game.

Just go to contoller options and you should be able to unlock it

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

2 things I learnt playing this game.

1) These types of games are ****house for computers. Seriously, the creators made hardly any effort to transfer the controls onto a keyboard. I can't do any god damn postmoves.

2) The My Player thing is bugged, I was averaging 10/6/9 on 54% shooting (PG) and I still got cut from the ****ing heat camp. How the hell is that not better then Chris Quinn?

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    2 things I learnt playing this game.

1) These types of games are ****house for computers. Seriously, the creators made hardly any effort to transfer the controls onto a keyboard. I can't do any god damn postmoves.

2) The My Player thing is bugged, I was averaging 10/6/9 on 54% shooting (PG) and I still got cut from the ****ing heat camp. How the hell is that not better then Chris Quinn?
    I think the fact they put the controls in for an Xbox controller in the PC manual says everything. I for one, am not going to ship out for an Xbox controller just for 2K10. I have my own gamepad which isn't that good, but it does the job I guess. I can't imagine how hard the game is to play using just the keyboard keys.

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I think the fact they put the controls in for an Xbox controller in the PC manual says everything. I for one, am not going to ship out for an Xbox controller just for 2K10. I have my own gamepad which isn't that good, but it does the job I guess. I can't imagine how hard the game is to play using just the keyboard keys.
    Put bluntly, I have on post move :P Although I'm playing on create a player, so that could be it. It's not great tbh, but it's still pretty fun. Just makes it that much harder.

I'm enjoying My Player mode but some things really annoy me.

1. I know my guy sucks and his shot ratings are terrible, but going 3-12 in a game, when all 12 of my shots are from in the lane, makes no sense. 10 out of the 12 were deemed "good shot selction" and the other 2 were not deemed good or bad. I had 5 or 6 wide open layups that my guy just blew. I know I'm supposed to start from the bottom and improve, but if my guy is realistically good enough to at least make a NBA summer team, he should be good enough to make a basic layup that a 4th grader can make 80% of the time.

2. It ticks me off how easy it is for your teammate grade to go down, but how hard it is to get it to increase. I just finished a game where I had 5 straight posessions of either getting an assist or a "good shot selection" and points. Prior to the 5 possessions I was sitting at a B- rating. After the 5 possessions I got it up to a B+ rating. Then, on the next possession my man scores and then on offense I get a "bad position" mark and it goes down to a B. Five good things and only go up 2 levels, and after 2 bad things and I go down 1 level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm enjoying My Player mode but some things really annoy me.

1. I know my guy sucks and his shot ratings are terrible, but going 3-12 in a game, when all 12 of my shots are from in the lane, makes no sense. 10 out of the 12 were deemed "good shot selction" and the other 2 were not deemed good or bad. I had 5 or 6 wide open layups that my guy just blew. I know I'm supposed to start from the bottom and improve, but if my guy is realistically good enough to at least make a NBA summer team, he should be good enough to make a basic layup that a 4th grader can make 80% of the time.

2. It ticks me off how easy it is for your teammate grade to go down, but how hard it is to get it to increase. I just finished a game where I had 5 straight posessions of either getting an assist or a "good shot selection" and points. Prior to the 5 possessions I was sitting at a B- rating. After the 5 possessions I got it up to a B+ rating. Then, on the next possession my man scores and then on offense I get a "bad position" mark and it goes down to a B. Five good things and only go up 2 levels, and after 2 bad things and I go down 1 level.
    1. Try changing your shot animations... I had shots and layups that seemed good on the preview but were terrible when put in action.

2. Pass, pass, pass... Defend, Defend, Defend... Stay in good position, set screens, rebound, and go for steals. Unless you start to make 50 percent of your shots, at least, I don't think you should be shooting.

Although, I'm sure you already knew most of this... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteness
    1. Try changing your shot animations... I had shots and layups that seemed good on the preview but were terrible when put in action.

2. Pass, pass, pass... Defend, Defend, Defend... Stay in good position, set screens, rebound, and go for steals. Unless you start to make 50 percent of your shots, at least, I don't think you should be shooting.

Although, I'm sure you already knew most of this... I hope.

I did, but thanks.

I'm a PG for the Cavs and I'm in the 5th summer league game. I got a A+ teammate rating in my last game so I'm starting to figure it out a little bit. I found a cheap way to get your grade up is to double down on the post every time it goes inside and start tapping X. You not only get a "succesful double team" boost but sometimes you can get a steal out of it as well.

It is starting to really piss me off how often I throw the ball to one of my bigs wide open and the ball just bounces off their hands and into the other teams hands or out of bounds. I don't get the negative mark for a turnover but it is taking away at least 3 or 4 assists way from me per game.

Also, I wish you could get a good mark for triggering a fastbreak. I think big men and PG's would benefit from thsi quite a bit. There's several times a game where I get a defensive board, or take the inbounds pass, and push it up the court, make one pass, the wing makes another pass, and we score a quick bucket.

One other thing I really am getting tired of is getting knocked for "allowing your man to score" when it's on a 2 on 0 or 3 on 1 fastbreak that I have no shot of getting back for and stopping.
    Last edited by KG215; 10-29-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

My first season with the bucks i put up 12,6,6 62% had a few few games over 20 one game i got 30 something. now im going into my second season i just signed with the Sixers so i can start...my mid rang shot is at 90..3pt rang is 88..99 on ball defense(even tho i think you have to upgrade speed and quickness to become a lock down defender). 73 or 74 overall so far

I got through the summer league with 3 straight A+ teammate grades to finish it out but still didn't get an invite to Cavs training camp. I wanted to go to a contender where I thought I had a good chance, and I picked the Hawks, completely forgetting they already had Teague backing up Bibby.

Right now I'm in the "Likely to be Cut" position and some dudge named Jon Barnes is on the "Possible Cut" position.

Game 1 for both of us.

Barnes: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 11 assists, 0 turnovers, 36% FG
    Me: 16 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 turnover, 62% FG

I clearly outplayed him. Hopefully he'll get sent home soon and I can gun for the third PG behind Bibby and Teague.

What happens if I don't make the Hawks roster?

What happens if I don't make the Hawks roster?
    D-League

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    D-League

Crap. If I had known that I would have gone to the Celtics training camp. I probably would have had as much of an easy time or trouble surpassing Gabe Pruitt as the third PG. And I'm pretty sure House is listed as a SG on the game.

Crap. If I had known that I would have gone to the Celtics training camp. I probably would have had as much of an easy time or trouble surpassing Gabe Pruitt as the third PG. And I'm pretty sure House is listed as a SG on the game.
    Pruitt is still on the Celtics roster?

Quote Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
    Pruitt is still on the Celtics roster?

Acutally, no he's not. I just remember playing a a summer league game with the Cavs and guarding him. But I went and looked at their roster before starting over and he wasn't there.

I have a few questions. I been reading on the internet that if you are playing the association mode, that controling all 30 teams is the way to go. Anybody actually control all 30 teams? Perhaps you can give me a break down of everything you do. I mean I assume it would be a motherfcker to resign every player on all 30 teams, control all the trades, etc. Like when you control all 30 teams, u usually just mainly control one team as far as when you play a game rite? Like I wanna use the Lakers, but it sounds pretty cool to control all 30 teams. I just want to know how time consuming it is.

Also, Pau Gasol is injured on my team and it won't let me switch him with DJ Mbenga, so Pau can sit out a few games. It keeps saying my team has to have allocated 240 minutes. What the fck does this mean? I keep playing games and I keep getting the same message when I try to switch out Pau and DJ. So than I tried switching out Adam Morrison for DJ and I still get the same message eithen know Adam only has like 3 mins under his belt this season.

I actually quit playing last night because I was getting so frustrated. Usually when I have a problem, I google it and find an answer fairly easily. With NBA2k10, I find it dificult to find an answer using this method. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

guys.

I have 2k10 on the 360, just downloaded the patch an hour ago. You should be able to change the minutes in the My Player mode, am I right?
    So I changed the minutes on Gameplay, but to no avail. Still see those damn 5 minutes on the scoreboard everytime I start a Summer League game. I tried saving my settings and everything before starting. No results or whatsoever.

Anyone here who can help me? I need the 12 minutes.