Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

well after a finals lost to philiy i signed with okc our starting line up is

russel westbrock
    me
    kd
    carlos boozer
    leon powe

our bench
    jeff green
    mike conley
    andre miller
    chris dogulas-roberts
    nick collission
    kyle weaver
    bryon mullins
    and grant hill

were 1st in the west at 51-6 with 24 games left
    im leading the nba in scoreing 47.6ppg im about to be mvp also im first ballot for most improved player im an 2 time all star looking to win the the ship this time. also were on a 26 game winning streak

im a 67 3pt sg 47.7ppg 6.7rpg 6.7apg1.9bpg1.1spg my overall is 85 my former team the nuggets r 6th in the west with out me lol
    Last edited by jroc20boys; 01-25-2010 at 03:18 AM.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jroc20boys
    well after a finals lost to philiy i signed with okc our starting line up is

russel westbrock
    me
    kd
    carlos boozer
    leon powe

our bench
    jeff green
    mick conley
    andre miller
    chris dogulas-roberts
    nick collission
    kyle weaver
    bryon mullins

were 1st in the west at 51-6 with 24 games left
    im leading the nba in scoreing 47.6ppg first ballot for mvp also im first ballot for most improved player im an 2 time all star looking to win the the ship this time. also were on a 26 game winning streak

im a 67 3pt sg 47.7ppg 6.7rpg 6.7apg1.9bpg1.1spg my overall is 85 my former team the nuggets r 6th in the west with out me lol
    damn Westbrock and Mick Conley on the same team, f'n awesome!

Future D1 Dad

who the hell is Mick Conley?

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Not a first ballot mvp, there can be only one.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    who the hell is Mick Conley?
    my bad i ment mike conley

Of the numerous 2K10 threads I could bump, I chose this one as it seemed the most active.

Just a heads up for any fellow PC 2K10 gamer. The PC patch has FINALLY been released! I haven't actually tried it yet, just about to download it now.

Still a bit confusing as some people can get it, but others still have to wait a couple of days. I believe people who downloaded it straight from Steam without a disc may have to wait a couple more days, but basically check out the 2K sports forum for more information. I bought the game and have the disc, so I presume the patch will work for me? Guess I'll find out soon enough!

When was the PC game released? They're just now getting the patch out?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    When was the PC game released? They're just now getting the patch out?
    Same time as the console games, maybe just 1 week later, I can't remember. THAT'S how long we've had to wait for the patch.

I understand that most of the sales of the game will come on the console versions, but us PC gamers have been seriously neglected.

Fortunately the patch does fix a heck of a lot of things, so I guess it was worth the wait. Online still doesn't work for me though, but 'apparently' that should be ok in a few days, because people who downloaded the game straight from Steam and don't have the disc have to wait a few more days for Steam to upload the patch.

My player mode is great now though, I'm hooked on it again.

FPS problems are virtually gone too, much smoother gameplay.

I dunk on 12 year olds

im really bad at this playing type. i do 5 mins per quarter, and i always get in the d-league, and i suck there aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    im really bad at this playing type. i do 5 mins per quarter, and i always get in the d-league, and i suck there aswell.
    Well running 5 mins per quarter isn't exactly going to help you, so bump up the minutes!

I'm running 12 min quarters, and getting very realistic scores, fair minutes, and fairly realistic stats (averaging 18/3/11 after 4 summer league games). Only once has any of the teams I've played with or against gone over 100 points so far.

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Well running 5 mins per quarter isn't exactly going to help you, so bump up the minutes!

I'm running 12 min quarters, and getting very realistic scores, fair minutes, and fairly realistic stats (averaging 18/3/11 after 4 summer league games). Only once has any of the teams I've played with or against gone over 100 points so far.
    ok thanks, im playing on the computer so alot of buttons i cant use, i normally play with shooting guard cous i cant rebound good enough with center and forwards, and use post moves, or do alot of stuff in point guard possition.
    Or do you have any tips,? how do you play with it.

and ill try the minute thing. btw can i add you no msn for more tips ukballer?

ok thanks, im playing on the computer so alot of buttons i cant use, i normally play with shooting guard cous i cant rebound good enough with center and forwards, and use post moves, or do alot of stuff in point guard possition.
    Or do you have any tips,? how do you play with it.

and ill try the minute thing. btw can i add you no msn for more tips ukballer?
    I can't imagine how hard it is playing with the keyboard if that's what you're using! I have an old gamepad which I use, so I find that pretty easy.

I did play shooting guard for a while before the patch came out, but quite often it kept moving me to different positions, sometimes having to guard guys like Wilson Chandler. So I play as a 6'1, 170 lbs PG (Brandon Jennings type build), and have my player set as an all-rounder. I never get played out of position now.

As for tips? I'm not very good at just knowing what tips to hand out and what you really need to know.

I found that in 5 min quarters, everything was always a rush, to try and reach your objectives. Say I had to shoot 70% at the free throw line for an objective. Knowing I'd only get 10-15 mins to get to the line, often I'd try to take it to the hole, and 70% of the time I'd get called for an offensive foul or have some kind of turnover or bad shot, all because I was worrying about how short the games were.

Playing with 12 min quarters, just means you can be so much more patient, nothing needs to be forced.

I'm crap at giving out advice, so all I'll say is for now, be patient, don't force up difficult shots. If you play within your player's capabilities, you shouldn't have any trouble getting A+, A's, etc. KNOW what your player can do, and don't try taking on a player like Greg Oden in the paint or something! After the patch, I've noticed scoring in the paint is 'slightly' more difficult with a guard than it was before the patch. Big men come over to help more, so just be aware of that too.

Good luck!

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I can't imagine how hard it is playing with the keyboard if that's what you're using! I have an old gamepad which I use, so I find that pretty easy.

I did play shooting guard for a while before the patch came out, but quite often it kept moving me to different positions, sometimes having to guard guys like Wilson Chandler. So I play as a 6'1, 170 lbs PG (Brandon Jennings type build), and have my player set as an all-rounder. I never get played out of position now.

As for tips? I'm not very good at just knowing what tips to hand out and what you really need to know.

I found that in 5 min quarters, everything was always a rush, to try and reach your objectives. Say I had to shoot 70% at the free throw line for an objective. Knowing I'd only get 10-15 mins to get to the line, often I'd try to take it to the hole, and 70% of the time I'd get called for an offensive foul or have some kind of turnover or bad shot, all because I was worrying about how short the games were.

Playing with 12 min quarters, just means you can be so much more patient, nothing needs to be forced.

I'm crap at giving out advice, so all I'll say is for now, be patient, don't force up difficult shots. If you play within your player's capabilities, you shouldn't have any trouble getting A+, A's, etc. KNOW what your player can do, and don't try taking on a player like Greg Oden in the paint or something! After the patch, I've noticed scoring in the paint is 'slightly' more difficult with a guard than it was before the patch. Big men come over to help more, so just be aware of that too.

Good luck!
    you keep talking about ''the patch'' wich 1 is it, and where can i find it

you keep talking about ''the patch'' wich 1 is it, and where can i find it
    http://2ksports.com/downloads/new

You're from Europe right? Click the Download button under 'NBA 2K10 PC Patch for Europe'.

Then just run the exe file and it should update your game for you.

Did you buy the game with it as a disc? Or did you download it from Steam?

I dunk on 12 year olds

i downlaoded it, and tried to install, it failed, it tries to find nba in my c: but its in my d: