Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    코비=GOAT

Default Re: My muscles aren't visible unless I flex

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    6'

I had a 3rd string PG your size, he was actually very feisty on D but once his guy got across the 3pt line it was trouble. He couldn't get a shot up on anyone though, oh well @ least he was quick and 3rd string. He could be much better than he is now though, I don't think he's reached his ceiling even for his size
    Yeah I know what you mean. It sucks being short.
    I mostly get shots off picks or just drive and dish. My three is automatic too.

Nutrition actually makes a HUGE difference, as does your workout protocol (set / reps etc..), as well as your recovery.

If you miss out on any of those elements you are not going to see serious gains.

First of all though what are you lifting to accomplish? Bigger muscles or better performance?

Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwh
    Nutrition actually makes a HUGE difference, as does your workout protocol (set / reps etc..), as well as your recovery.

If you miss out on any of those elements you are not going to see serious gains.

First of all though what are you lifting to accomplish? Bigger muscles or better performance?
    I'm going to start weight training in school in 6 weeks. (That's when they'll let me switch gyms, for now I have outdoor track.) Currently, I'm using the Perfect Push-up and doing crunches and all sorts of abdominal exercises. Now that I think about it, I'd actually rather shoot for better performance than to get bulked up.

Dunking on everybody in the park mika's Avatar

Kelly Baggett has a plethora of articles for improving as an athlete.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html

In his book 'The Vertical Jump Development Bible' there is a body weight strength training program that could help you gain inches and lower body strength. You could do that along with what you are doing now.

Pull-ups are also a great way to strengthen the upper body, along with what you are currently doing.

What sport are you training for?

Underdog

Quote Originally Posted by mika
    Kelly Baggett has a plethora of articles for improving as an athlete.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html

In his book 'The Vertical Jump Development Bible' there is a body weight strength training program that could help you gain inches and lower body strength. You could do that along with what you are doing now.

Pull-ups are also a great way to strengthen the upper body, along with what you are currently doing.
    I'll have to add pull-ups to my regimen. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwh
    What sport are you training for?
    Basketball