Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 104

My Name Is My Name MarloStanfield's Avatar

Default Ufc 104

Shogun and Machida are two of my favorite fighters period. I'm really torn on who to root for. I think I'll root for Shogun just because most UFC fans don't realize how talented of a fighter he is. His LHWGP tear was the most impressive 5 fight streak I've ever seen...

If Shogun is in shape he's one of the only fighters capable of beating Machida.

Also I hope Cain Velasquez smashes the savvy veteran Big Ben Rothwell.

What are you hoping to see tonight?
    Last edited by MarloStanfield; 10-24-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Default Re: Ufc 104

Shogun has the power to take out Machida. He certainly is not totally outclassed like many people believe. But his cardio looked horrible against Griffin. Although i have heard his cardio is at its best now. Shogun is certainly a better matchup than Rashad Evans.

That being said, I believe Machida still outclasses him and will win via KO 2nd or 3rd round. Machida is the master at counter attacks and fights well against aggressive fighters. Shogun is an aggressive fighter and I expect Machida to catch him. He is one of my favorite fighters. I am scheduled to be on a production shoot for an interview early next week so I am really hoping he wins.

Pride Shogun would f*ck Machida up...but 2 ACL tears within a year = sad...

I hate how Pride fighters are judged by their UFC tenures...they are older and usually past their prime when they come to the UFC...

Machida really wasn't that tight until his recent streak. He was Mr. Decision. He finally started knocking opponents out, which is nice.
    Last edited by lefthook00; 10-24-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Pride Shogun would f*ck Machida up...but 2 ACL tears within a year = sad...

I hate how Pride fighters are judged by their UFC tenures...they are older and usually past their prime when they come to the UFC...

Machida really wasn't that tight until his recent streak. He was Mr. Decision. He finally started knocking opponents out, which is nice.
    I don't know about that. Pride fighters have shown to be more durable than UFC fighters of the same era. Chuck is on "Dancing With The Stars". His chin is in a paper bag somewhere. Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski are now HW fodder. Matt Hughes is pretty much done. Nog is worn down but still chugging away. Fedor is still the best. Rampage and Anderson Silva are still going strong although Rampage is acting now. Shogun is still in title contention. Vitor did fight in Pride after his early years in the UFC. He's looking great as of late. Hendo is still a bad ass so the Pride fighters not doing well in the UFC is inaccurate. Most of the top dogs in the UFC at the time have faded away already.

Anyone have a sopcast address for the fight?

I'm hoping for a great back-and-forth from Shogun and Machida with Machida pulling out the victory.

Velasquez
    Stevenson
    Rumble
    Neer
    Bader
    Okami
    Rivera
    Kingsbury
    Gormley

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

I can't stand the fact that Machida rocks a uni-brow and drinks his own piss.

War Shogun!

Also, Dream 12 is on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247

War Shogun!
    ... I didn't believe you but then I looked it up ....

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247

War Shogun!
    Him too? Picked it up from Marquez eh? lol

I can't wait. Machida vs Shogun should be a great fight. I'll be rooting for Shogun but I think Machida will win.

A few weeks ago, I showed some Machida fights to a couple of friends. They're both black belts in Shotokan karate, like Machida, and they were like "OMG !!! That guy's unbelievable"

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    Him too? Picked it up from Marquez eh? lol
    Machida's been doing it for a while now.

I got...

Machida
    Rothwell
    Stevenson
    Rumble
    Neer
    Bader
    Barry
    Okami
    Gormley
    Al-Hussan
    Rivera

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    I can't wait. Machida vs Shogun should be a great fight. I'll be rooting for Shogun but I think Machida will win.

A few weeks ago, I showed some Machida fights to a couple of friends. They're both black belts in Shotokan karate, like Machida, and they were like "OMG !!! That guy's unbelievable"

Why do you act surprised by the way your friends reacted? Machida is phenomenal, and has been phenomenal for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Why do you act surprised by the way your friends reacted? Machida is phenomenal, and has been phenomenal for some time.
    Well yeah but karate is their thing. I expected them to say he's a great fighter or something. I didn't expect them to act like they had never seen anything like it.