Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Cool Ghost Stories, Urban Legends

It's almost Halloween, so I thought it'd be fun to get everyone to tell their favorite ghost stories (true experiences especially), urban legends from where you live/are from, etc. So gather around the ISH camp fire and get your 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' On.

I'm near Rochester, NY right now, have been for a while and they have a local legend here known as The Lady in White:

The legend goes that a little girl went missing. Her Mother would search for her night after night along with her two german shepard dogs. Driven to despair, she took her own life by throwing herself off of a cliff and into Durand Lake. It is said that on foggy nights she rises from the mist over the lake and difts about with a pair of spectral hounds, searching for her daughter or perhaps her daughter's murderer.

Also known as "The White Lady", the spirit is said to be full of wrath towards males and attacks men on sight. Some tie the Lady in White's haunting to the crumbled foundation of a former hotel on the park property. The ruins are known as the "White Lady's Castle."

Yours?
    Last edited by DonDadda59; 10-29-2009 at 07:28 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Ghost Stories, Urban Legends

[QUOTE=4chan]So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is

NBA sixth man of the year

That made me lol THEN WHO WAS PHONE

Banned

My true story-

Not really mine per say because it never happened to me but it did to my family. Years ago in my mom's apartment I heard my sister screaming one night, I ran to her room and she was shaken and trembling and mumbling about hearing voices and people talking to her while she was in bed... thought she was dreaming/imagining things. Few months later, my brother told me that he was in bed one night and he opened his eyes to some guy standing in the room staring at him. He did the whole cartoon eye-rubbing thing to make sure he wasn't seeing shadows or his eyes weren't playing tricks on him, he looked up guy was still ice-grilling him. He said all he could do was put the covers over his head and force himself with all of his will to sleep, he was too scared to move or yell.

Those are the only two incidents but there's always strange noises in the apartment and it was never a place where anyone felt comfortable alone, especially in certain rooms. Sometime after those occurrences cops or Feds (I wasn't there) paid a visit and they were looking for some guy whose last known address was that apartment. When my mom asked who he was or what he had done, all the cop said was 'he's a very bad guy', nothing more.

That's Turr'ble

"The Cursed WalterTron"

The Story of Ray Allen

It started at birth:

He was born with three first names, and when you think about the old saying of "you cant trust people with two first names", then this all begins to make sense, the guy has THREE first names.

Walter Ray Allen was actually born white. And what's even eerier is the fact that he's a testtube baby, genetically designed to be a war entity. His model was deemed as "The Greatest Warrior Since Genghis Khan".

He's one of many:

Ray Allen isn't one of a kind. After manufacturing was complete of all 172 WalterTrons, he and the other 171 drones were shipped out. Only someting happened before that could happen. One drone showed signs of AI, "Artificial Intelligence". And not just as in being a drone, but he had "feelings". He began feeling scared at any sign of contact. The scientists were baffled, how could this large white man be scared of contact? They were lost, they deliberated and worked numbers for months, but couldn't figure this out.

Tough decision:

This was no warrior. That's for sure. So the scientist concluded that with his large frame 6'6 210, why waste it? They decided to turn his complexion black, and put him in the spotlight of being the next big basketball player.

Except basketball players have to actually have talent to be successful. Since robots are exactly that - robotic, they had to rely on the one skill they could tweak - shooting. I mean if big white stiffs can hit threes, then certainly a robot could be programmed to, right?

Indeed.

Ray Allen has since gone on to have a steady career, but don't be blinded.

There's a truth out there.

What's actually unfair is that a real human being in Reggie Miller, may have a miraculous record broken by this fraud. This phony. This sham.

That story always scares me.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Wirz park in casselberry florida. Some friends and i found this old abandoned shed in the forest behind our park. We furnished it with a couch, a matress and some seats, it soon became our place to smoke weed, drink and get laid. But soon word got out about our shed and kids starting showing up uninvited. But one night a group of kids went out there and starting chillin and they saw lights from the outside, though there are no lights nearby, they go outside and find a man dressed in all black wearing a pig mask and holding a butchers knife. The kids run away and hear the sound of pig squeels following them and never return.
    haha and now none of of those ****ers mess with me and my friends awesome shed

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    It's almost Halloween, so I thought it'd be fun to get everyone to tell their favorite ghost stories (true experiences especially), urban legends from where you live/are from, etc. So gather around the ISH camp fire and get your 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' On.

I'm near Rochester, NY right now, have been for a while and they have a local legend here known as The Lady in White:

Yours?

"A White Lady is a type of female ghost purported to appear in many rural areas, and who is supposed to have died or suffered trauma in life. White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fianc

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    /thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofab-...response_watch

one of the funniest sh!t i seen ever..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Ghosts ice-grilling
    Sh*t got that serious

5-time NBA All-Star

I heard the same exact story, only this was when I was a child in Bangladesh. It was called "Woman in the white Sari" and she'd go door to door and hunt down lil children. Strange.. must be a really old one.

anyways u've probably heard this, but if ya recite it out loud with enuff scary swag it still creeps out elders;

THE ROOM

There was once a man who checked into a motel while on a business trip. When he was checking in, the woman at the desk told him,
    "Your room is the last room on the left...and please, don't go in any other rooms, especially the last one on the right."
    So the man went to his room, and went to bed, not bothering with the last room on the right. In the morning, on his way to his first business meeting, he decided he'd check out the last room on the right. He first tried the doorknob. As he expected, it was locked. He knelt down and looked into the keyhole. All he saw was a bed, with a naked woman sitting on it, facing away from the door. Her skin was the whitest he's ever seen on a person. He shrugged, and left to his meeting.

On his way back from the meeting, he stopped by the room again. He looked into the keyhole once more after trying the locked doorknob. But this time, all he saw was red. He didn't see the woman or the bed, just red.

Confused, he went back to the desk lady. He told her what he saw, so she decided to give him an explanation.

"A year or so ago, there was a murder in the room. A man murdered his wife. Since then, the woman's ghost has haunted the room. Her skin is as white as day, and her eyes are now a deep red."
    Photos

[QUOTE]A young girl walking home from school found a small pile of Polaroid photos lying in the gutter. There were twenty in all, neatly wrapped in a rubber band. She picked them up, and as she walked she started to browse. The first photo was that of a ghostly white man on a black background, standing just far enough away from the camera that she couldn

Banned

[QUOTE=RaininThrees]"A White Lady is a type of female ghost purported to appear in many rural areas, and who is supposed to have died or suffered trauma in life. White Lady legends are found around the world. Common to many of them is the theme of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fianc

Nice Thread. Here's my favorite Ghost Story on the Unsolved Mysteries Website.

RESURRECTION MARY

A ghost called Resurrection Mary haunts the city of Chicago.

Mary’s ghost was sited by the cemetery

Mary has been sited at a local dance hall

In January of 1979, a Chicago cab driver stopped to pick up a female passenger at the front gates of Resurrection Cemetery, the final resting place of more than 150,000 souls. But before he could let her in, the mysterious woman disappeared. The cab driver had just met Chicago’s most famous ghost, Resurrection Mary.

Richard Crowe was a local historian and folklorist at the time of the sighting:

“I think that of all the ghost stories worth believing in, Resurrection Mary is the one with the best documentation. The witnesses that I’ve found are remarkably level-headed. And they’re primarily blue collar, middle-class types who have steady jobs and who have no other major claims to psychic encounters in their lives.”

Jerry Palus gave Mary’s ghost a ride home

As the story goes, the first person to ever encounter Resurrection Mary was Jerry Palus. The year was 1939. The place…a Chicago dance hall where Jerry was a regular.

Jerry was captivated by a young blonde woman and immediately asked her to dance. He learned little about her, except that her name was Mary and she lived on the south side of town. He danced with the young woman all night. When it was time to leave, Jerry offered Mary a ride home.

Before his death in 1992, Jerry was interviewed about his encounter with Resurrection Mary. He described the events of that evening:

“As we walked along to the street she says well you might as well take me down to Archer Road. And I said what for? I said you live up here where you told me. And she says no I want to go out to Archer Road.”

Jerry stopped in front of Resurrection Cemetery and let Mary out of the car. It was at that moment that she vanished before his eyes. Jerry admitted he was perplexed, but certainly willing to forgive one unexplained disappearance.

Actual article about Mary Bregovy’s death

Still wanting to know more about the mysterious woman, the very next day Jerry drove to the house where Mary had said she lived. Jerry found the house with little trouble. The woman who answered the door was Mary’s mother. When Jerry asked if he could see her daughter, the woman told him that Mary had been dead for five years.

According to Richard Crowe, it then dawned on Jerry that Mary was no ordinary woman:

“It’s then, Jerry said, that he understood why the woman he was dancing with that night was ice cold to the touch. He had worked in a funeral home for a while and it was the touch of a corpse.”

Years later, Richard Crowe learned the ghost was believed to be the restless spirit of a young woman named Mary Bregovy. Mary Bregovy had been killed in a traffic accident in 1934, a month before her 21st birthday. She was laid to rest in Resurrection Cemetery in her favorite white gown.

Over the years, Resurrection Mary has been seen time and time again, at dance clubs, in taxis, and walking outside the cemetery, looking for someone to take her home.

In 1980, Clare Rudnicki was driving along the front of Resurrection Cemetery, when she too spotted Mary:

“I really didn’t think there was any ghost. You hear these stories and these old ghost tales but it’s never happened to me. But now I must say I think I’m changing my mind.

I was just looking out the window as we were going down the street. And on the right hand-side of the road there was a girl walking. She was bright, very bright, like illuminating. She was just walking very slowly. I remember thinking oh my god it’s Resurrection Mary. And I can feel my stomach starting to turn. I was very frightened, I have to admit. It did scare me.”

Clare’s husband, Mark Rudnicki, was also in the car:

“We all went past it, turned around and came back and by the time we’d gotten back to where we’d originally seen her it had gone. Vanished.”

In October of 1989, Janet Kalal and a friend were out for an evening drive. After about an hour, they found themselves at Resurrection Cemetery. It was then, Janet recalled, that a pale young woman stepped in front of the car:

“There was no impact, there was no… bump to say that you know I had hit something. But I know she ran out… and I hit her. She was all in white and her hair and the dress were… flowing back. It was like a stream backwards, you know away from her. And I just saw this profile of a young woman.”

Does the ghost of Mary Bregovy really haunt Chicago? Or is Resurrection Mary just an urban myth? In any case, should you find yourself driving in the city late one night and happen to spot a pale young woman in a flowing white gown, you might think twice about offering her a ride.
    http://www.unsolved.com/ghost.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cdS8QsZFo
    Last edited by Lebron23; 10-30-2009 at 05:04 AM.

Banned

It's funny how the same Urban Legends (w/ minor variations) can be found in different cities, states, and even countries. Like J$ hearing the 'lady in white' story in Bangladesh I've heard many of the same tales in other countries. I remember seeing that Unsolved Mysteries episode and I've heard of different Resurrection Mary stories except sometimes her name is Vera and the guy who gave her a ride home brings back a sweater she left in his car and like Mary, he finds out from a family member she's been dead for years.

Go Spurs Go

Don Dadda your story gave me the creeps, dogg. Not cool.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

There's a few where I'm from too, including a white lady story, who haunts this little cemetary that's in the middle of a forked road. It used to be really creepy, then developers came in, and now there's a Dunkin Donuts behind the cemetary, and it takes some of the edge off.

There's also a street called Dracula Drive that's allegedly got a haunted house at the end, but that's just a creepy dead end.

The best ones are the Melon Heads of Roosevelt Forest:

I heard that they are a tribe of cannibles that live in roosevelt forest they are super fast, sneaky and they can dissaper right befor your eyes. the y are also known to be a family that lives in the forest that lives an ordinary life with big heads like melons and with all of the powers i have spoken of. if there are any other stories or sightings even questions dont hesitate to comment on this page.
    A story that's been around since the early forties, when the park ranger there had a daughter who apparently had swelling of the brain, and the story stuck. I used it to make my little 12 year old cousin cry just a few years ago driving into the access road as he acted like a tough guy. I had my cousin up on a bluff with a bucket on his head. We used to drink there when we were in high school, so I can assure you it's not accurate.

The one that still gets me is Dudleytown.

[QUOTE]In northwestern Connecticut within the town of Cornwall, in the shadow of three mountains, lies the remains of Dudleytown. The small hamlet holds accounts of ghostly tales, demons, unexplained events, and curses coupled with over 400 years of British and American history -- including ties to King Henry VIII, Horace Greeley, General Heman Swift, and General George Washington.

Today, only the cellar holes and a few foundations remain. The roads have become forest trails that hikers and ghost hunters still traverse, regardless of warnings of evils spirits, and many claim the woods become strangely silent -- the birds and bugs that sing and call during a hike up to Dudleytown don