Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: The real reason Wilt Chamberlain & Muhammad Ali didn't fight.

Wilt would have been murdered in the ring. I'm sorry but any pro fighter, let alone one of the greatest of all time would absolutely kill an amatuer no matter how fit they are. Ali would rip a few body shots in and Wilt would be bending over like a *****.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Jabir Herbert Muhammad

GOAT name

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

You guys don't know too much about fighting, do you? Most of you happen to think that someone being tall, muscular and black must work against someone else who knows martial arts/boxing/Krav Maga/Sambo/whatever and has a decade of training.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I had to I would most likely kill Shaq in 5-6 seconds. For someone better than me in Muay Thai/KM/Sambo it would take only 3 seconds.

And I'm not kidding. Traditional boxing at least has some rules. There is a ring, a glove and there are certain things you cannot do. But a real fight? Kick to the groin, knees, hitting the throat, etc.?

These tall black dudes are great basketball players, but come on. Unless they are trained and trained formany years, they cannot do sh!t against someone a lot smaller but trained for many years. Size does matter -- if you know technique.

Without technique and expertise in fighting you are like Sun Yue in basketball. Very tall, yes. And useless, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Wilt would have been murdered in the ring. I'm sorry but any pro fighter, let alone one of the greatest of all time would absolutely kill an amatuer no matter how fit they are. Ali would rip a few body shots in and Wilt would be bending over like a *****.
    Yes.

And someone not abiding by the rules of boxing would do even better. Even in televised cagefight there are some rules. There are some things you simply cannot do.

In a real fight there are no rules. It is not fair. It is a life or death thing. If you are trained for situations like that (Krav Maga and Sambo are very good, but a combination of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu works as well), if you are trained at these things (and by trained I mean many years, many days a week, real life situations, etc.)... you are not going to give Shaq (or Wilt) a chance of even trying to throw his first punch. If he connects... very bad for you because he is strong as a bull.

But he will not connect. Unless he trains for many years.

It's like Fedor beating on Hong choi man. Being big doesn't mean ****

Ali would have scored 100 punches on Wilt. xD

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    You guys don't know too much about fighting, do you? Most of you happen to think that someone being tall, muscular and black must work against someone else who knows martial arts/boxing/Krav Maga/Sambo/whatever and has a decade of training.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I had to I would most likely kill Shaq in 5-6 seconds. For someone better than me in Muay Thai/KM/Sambo it would take only 3 seconds.

And I'm not kidding. Traditional boxing at least has some rules. There is a ring, a glove and there are certain things you cannot do. But a real fight? Kick to the groin, knees, hitting the throat, etc.?

These tall black dudes are great basketball players, but come on. Unless they are trained and trained formany years, they cannot do sh!t against someone a lot smaller but trained for many years. Size does matter -- if you know technique.

Without technique and expertise in fighting you are like Sun Yue in basketball. Very tall, yes. And useless, too.

Shut up you clown, shaq would destroy you

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666

Shut up you clown, shaq would destroy you

Not a chance, sorry.

Watch this, Bobb Sapp vs. Mirko CroCop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx9vRVVRQI

And they have some rules there. I've been training in Krav Maga for many years after having done Muay Thai for many years and have some (not too much but some) training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm not as good as the guy in this next video (well, I'm not nearly as good as him to be exact), but still: watch this and tell me if Shaq has a chance against this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kep...om=PL&index=22

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ0sfOiuIM

If you think Shaq has a chance, I don't know what to tell you. Look, it's not about me. It's about whether you are trained or not. You have to work really hard to make it to the NBA. (Yeah, we're talking about practice.)

Why do you think a big body has a chance w/o training? Sorry, but no. Forget about me. Watch the thing.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 11-14-2009 at 09:41 PM.

1) Shaq would murder you
    2) Sun Yue doesn't suck at Basketball
    3) Everything else you said is true though

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    1) Shaq would murder you
    2) Sun Yue doesn't suck at Basketball
    3) Everything else you said is true though

We will not fight, Shaq and me. And it is rather unimportant. I know what I know and I'll let you think what you think.

I happen to be an instructor in Krav Maga.

That's all.

Everyone feel free to imagine how Shaq would kill me. It's nice to imagine, I know.

Not a chance, sorry.

Watch this, Bobb Sapp vs. Mirko CroCop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx9vRVVRQI

And they have some rules there. I've been training in Krav Maga for many years after having done Muay Thai for many years and have some (not too much but some) training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I'm not as good as the guy in this next video (well, I'm not nearly as good as him to be exact), but still: watch this and tell me if Shaq has a chance against this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2kep...om=PL&index=22

AND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ0sfOiuIM

If you think Shaq has a chance, I don't know what to tell you. Look, it's not about me. It's about whether you are trained or not. You have to work really hard to make it to the NBA. (Yeah, we're talking about practice.)

Why do you think a big body has a chance w/o training? Sorry, but no. Forget about me. Watch the thing.
    Two people- Brock Lesnar and Tim Sylvia /thread.

And honestly you're trying to use bob Sapp as a point? He's considered a running joke- and he's matched up against Cro Cop, who's considered to be one of the greatest MMA fighters.

And then what? Some ****ing Krav maga choreographed demonstrations? yeah that looks mighty impressive, but so does a Jet Lii performance

You've just made yourself look like a total douche, fights don't work out like they do in demos.

Size matters to an extent.
    For example with this Ali v Wilt fight, it only takes one mistake from Ali and a good punch from this giant, and its career over.

Same goes for morale who says he can take Shaq. If anyone 7 foot 320 pounds and conditioned takes one hit then gets a take down, and your only 5'8 150, he can basically lie on top of you and go to work - and your done. Sometimes ppl are straight up TOO BIG. But if you have a little size and strength and excellent technique, its more than possible.

People bring up Fedor/Hong. Big difference... Fedor is immensely powerful (stronger than Ali) and was allowed to submit Choi.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Size matters to an extent.
    For example with this Ali v Wilt fight, it only takes one mistake from Ali and a good punch from this giant, and its career over.

Same goes for morale who says he can take Shaq. If anyone 7 foot 320 pounds and conditioned takes one hit then gets a take down, and your only 5'8 150, he can basically lie on top of you and go to work - and your done. Sometimes ppl are straight up TOO BIG. But if you have a little size and strength and excellent technique, its more than possible.

People bring up Fedor/Hong. Big difference... Fedor is immensely powerful (stronger than Ali) and was allowed to submit Choi.
    Not only that but Fedor is the greatest MMA fighter of all time

Quote Originally Posted by zabuza666
    You've just made yourself look like a total douche, fights don't work out like they do in demos.
    No, they don't. That's the reason you will never ever see any competition using Krav Maga or Sambo techniques. Those are for self defense and killing opponents. Not a sport.

Krav Maga is used by the special forces of the Israeli Army, the CIA and other organizations. Close quarter combat. You won't see anything but a demo on the internet. They are not showing how it's used for killing people. That was the original purpose of KM. defend yourself and kill the opponent ASAP, because there is the next one.

Whatever. I'm sure you know more about this than me. Forgive me for trying to tell you anything about it. Yes, Shaq would kill me. Even you would. Or a 5 year old, really tall kid.

Bye.

No, they don't. That's the reason you will never ever see any competition using Krav Maga or Sambo techniques. Those are for self defense and killing opponents. Not a sport.

Krav Maga is used by the special forces of the Israeli Army, the CIA and other organizations. Close quarter combat. You won't see anything but a demo on the internet. They are not showing how it's used for killing people. That was the original purpose of KM. defend yourself and kill the opponent ASAP, because there is the next one.

Whatever. I'm sure you know more about this than me. Forgive me for trying to tell you anything about it. Yes, Shaq would kill me. Even you would. Or a 5 year old, really tall kid.

Bye.
    http://mmaninja.com/post/2008/02/Rus...opponents.aspx

Hurr durr, you moron. Stop talking out your ass.