Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jennings interview after the game, dude 's interview skills puts Rose to shame

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Polanski
    why does rose sound like he just had a concussion ? HUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNRE...layer_embedded
    wtf does this have to do with anything lol

Default Re: Brandon Jennings scores 55 points in Bucks win over Warriors!

i really like the team milwaukee has at the moment (is that how u spell it). but it really just needs some good bench players to make it a team to worry about.

i mean right now u have a rookie leading the team in scoring, which is all good but there not really going to make some noise until they have some good role players.

i like the move of warrick to pf letting bogut play center with more room now that charlie v is gone. sf wit mbah boute is good as he's a great defender. now all they really need is a sg that can shoot and defend, i don't like charlie bell in that position i'd rather him come off the bench and i would rather raja bell in that position on the bucks team.

anyone else thinking trade redd to the bobcats for bell, sure salaries won't work out at first, but the cats need a better perimeter player and the bucks would be better off with raja bell.

The Knicks, Warriors, Kings, Thunder, and Wolves (I still like Flynn though) all were/should have been in the market for real PGs... and they all passed
    Kings took another rookie this board start buzzing over in Tyreke Evans. Wolves took 2 talented Pgs in Rubio and Flynn. And Thunder has Westbrook running the show at PG. This notion he is a SG, should be moved this is about as silly as moving Stephon Marbury to SG because he could "score".

I dont see any of these teams kicking themselves for not taking Jennings.

And not many on this board were calling for Jennings to be taken by them either. But since he is having a nice start to a long season? Everyone becomes a fanboy and starts acting like he should have gone #1 or #2 in the draft.

Also alot of times players themselves can kill thier draft stock outside of the talent they possess. The same way us fans bash these dudes. Alot of posters here has short memories. This was a cocky, concieted, arrogant, all about money (as pix of his tattoo was posted as thier support) kid.

Perhaps we need to bump some Brandon Jennings fans who didnt have many positive things to say before but are these draft gurus, great GMs now in hindsight.

The 1 team i felt should have taken a chance on Jennings was NYK. J.Hill stock was overrated based on the big men that were in that draft.

Local High School Star

this kid just has poise, I love it. I usually don't like scoring PGs in the vein of Steve Francis, Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Gilbert Arenas, those guys are typically huge losers. I hope Jennings develops into someone like Tony Parker, I think he has that potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    this kid just has poise, I love it. I usually don't like scoring PGs in the vein of Steve Francis, Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Gilbert Arenas, those guys are typically huge losers. I hope Jennings develops into someone like Tony Parker, I think he has that potential.
    Tony Parker plays with Tim Duncan. You think Tony Parker would be a "winner" if he were running as the teams best player? Really?

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Perhaps we need to bump some Brandon Jennings fans who didnt have many positive things to say before but are these draft gurus, great GMs now in hindsight.
    There wasn't a lot positive to say prior to his NBA career. None of us watched him play in Italy, and he didn't put up any numbers over there. He was just a big unknown, who by the numbers looked like a suspect shooter and decision maker.

Now that he's here and lighting it up, what's wrong with saying that he should have gone #1 or 2 overall? That's not blaming the other GMs for passing on an unknown - it's just pointing out how good the kid's been so far.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    There wasn't a lot positive to say prior to his NBA career. None of us watched him play in Italy, and he didn't put up any numbers over there. He was just a big unknown, who by the numbers looked like a suspect shooter and decision maker.

Now that he's here and lighting it up, what's wrong with saying that he should have gone #1 or 2 overall? That's not blaming the other GMs for passing on an unknown - it's just pointing out how good the kid's been so far.
    It's still too early to tell. That's what's wrong with saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    There wasn't a lot positive to say prior to his NBA career.
    For obvious reasons.

None of us watched him play in Italy, and he didn't put up any numbers over there. He was just a big unknown, who by the numbers looked like a suspect shooter and decision maker.
    He still is a suspect shooter. Why do you think teams back off him? He started off great vs Sixers until they backed off him and he was missing. Its an area of his game that needs improvement. And please do not read this as if I'm implying his shot was like Rondos as a rookie.

Now that he's here and lighting it up, what's wrong with saying that he should have gone #1 or 2 overall?
    The same reason it is wrong for people to start over Tyreke Evans recently. Same reason why you had people saying Charlie Villanueva should have gone top 3 when he had a nice rookie buzz. Its way too early to project such stuff. And why would you take Jennings over Blake Griffin outside of being a Bucks fan adam? You're being silly and still havent come down off the cloud that kid put you on after dropping 55 on GSW.

That's not blaming the other GMs for passing on an unknown - it's just pointing out how good the kid's been so far.
    And you'll find yourself playing musical chairs with a couple rookies this season. Brandon Jennings has been good. The game vs Sixers was good dispite being slowed down 2nd half. And not many expected him to do what he did in that game. Definately impressed doubts and just people who like watching basketball. He gets props, credit for the nice start. The extra stuff is just knee jerk reactions many are accustomed to doing here.

3-time NBA All-Star

The kid had no points in the first quarter... And 45 in the second half... This kid is going to break the 70 point barrier in his career... If he stays healthy... MOve over kobe ,lebron, and wade...

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    The kid had no points in the first quarter... And 45 in the second half... This kid is going to break the 70 point barrier in his career... If he stays healthy... MOve over kobe ,lebron, and wade...
    he wont. once redd come back he wontneed to score as much.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

This says more about the warriors than Brandon Jennings.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101

.. I was just going a bit overboard.. LOL... It just shows how easy it is to score in today'S NBA......

lilmagicjohnson
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default How come Jennings decided to go off?

Jennings has always been a pass first point guard his whole career and he says he wants to average 14 dimes a game his rookie year. So his mentality is to be pass first. What happened in the game last night that made him start taking all those shots? Did Skiles just tell him to look for his shot?

Local High School Star

Default Re: How come Jennings decided to go off?

Not sure, but it's a good thing he did, because it won them the game.