Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Are Whites Athletes Discriminated Against?

Also, they have street hunger. A lot of white dudes grow up as suburban wusses or fatasses these days, the economy is open to them, and they can always fall back on their parents for money. If a black dude in football doesn't make the NFL, it's back to the ghetto and the dead-end job/drug dealing.
    i don't think that's entirely fair. i'm a suburban wuss and i play varsity basketball! but my point is that i don't think it's about white people "falling back" on their parents for money, i just think that the majority of white with a decent standard of living realize that there are waaaaay more dependable jobs out there rather than pursuing professional sports, where even the most elite athletes from any poor or rich neighborhood probably won't make it.

NBA Superstar

there was a concern in NZ a few years back that the white rugby player was disappearing. more and more spots on top sides were being filled by people of polynesian and pac-islander descent. a study found that a lot of pac-islanders mature faster than caucasians and are able to use that advantage to fill starting spots on top youth teams which they in turn parlay into spots professionally.

in the US, college sports often take a meat market mentality. coaches recruit body types and sizes and believe (through their arrogance and inflated ego) that they can coach the kid to become a great player. the old "can't teach size" adage. most people through anecdotal observation can realize that black kids are often bigger and stronger in the later years of high school.

this is not an anti-white bias or trend, this is just the reality of the situation.

once you heighten the competition and the stakes in younger age groups you get elitism, and the kids who mature more quickly (ala Malcolm Gladwell's 'Outliers') have more opportunity.

bottom line is it pays to be an early bloomer in HS, this maximizes what recruiters can see. Late bloomers usually have to work their way up the ladder.

[Larry] having said that, [David/] white's have been assumed to be better quarterbacks etc.. for years, so there are a million stories of great black HS QBs who immediately get moved to DB in college.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    To give just one example, even though whites are only 10 percent of the world's population, they win over 90 percent of the medals at the Winter Olympics and over 70 percent of the medals at the Summer Olympics, including many medals in sprinting and jumping.
    Something else that doesn't seem to be taken in to account is how many black people are afforded the opportunity to excel in sports, and eventually go on to the Olympics?

I don't know any statistics, so I'm speaking strictly from a generalization here (and it may be WAY off base, if so I apologize) but isn't the majority of the actually, straight-up poor in the world black? A lot of Africa, etc, so while they greatly increase the % of black people in the world, how poor they are, the squalor they live in, etc, do not translate to athletic competitiveness or competing in the Olympics...

White people seem to be afforded every opportunity.. or at least more so than black people, as a whole, and this article seems to be missing that point, and twisting it to something else (in terms of the Olympics)

Decent playground baller

well, it looks like the castefootball guys noticed this thread today.

their thread about this thread:

http://castefootball.us/forum/forum_...388&PID=161240

Quote Originally Posted by jody
    well, it looks like the castefootball guys noticed this thread today.

their thread about this thread:

http://castefootball.us/forum/forum_...388&PID=161240
    found this bunch of crap online. It seems these w*ggers and negroes don't believe anything we say here on Castefootball. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=154621

Notice how these w*ggers mention storm-front. Any white pride is considered racist even by whites. That's how pathetic some whites have become.

Who is getting an account first?

EDIT: LOL @ negroes. We ALL know what he wanted to say.
    Last edited by phoenix18; 01-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.

♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    i don't really care. black people are usually more athletic, so of course a college is gonna look for black athletes. black people still gotta fight through racism to get through the corporate ladder, it's only fair whites have to fight to get into top positions in sports.
    haha

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Ever consider the source? White people only 10% of the world's population, since when? Win 90% of winter sports medals? Yea because I'm sure all the red, brown, black, and yellow races are sending tons of prospects out but just simply can't cut it. And even more at them for trying to argue their site isn't racist. Angry white dudes mad because Lincoln forced them to have to tolerate integration and so they smile up all the mud races faces out in real life with nothing to say, but can't wait to get home to get on the internet and release all their pent up hate.

Banned

Usain is insane!!! Talent at it's best I believe that will never be broken.

What about Rudy Fernandez in dunk contest?
    He was robbed cause he's white or cause he's european?

Cheer up though, white guys are smart (sure asians are smarter, but when you add in white guys superior athletic ability and height, it's a no-brainer... whites are pretty balanced). It's like an online role playing game and asians are the really good wizards, blacks the really great melee fighters, and the whites are the balanced, good at both great at neither.

National High School Star

Absolutely yes.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

There's also a story about a kid who was a top HS RB who wound up in the MAC conference, I don't recall the school, but the kid led the nation in rushing in college as well, and slipped in the NFL draft too. I think he played for the Bears for a few years. Anyway, he's got a story about Bobby Bowden coming to recruit him, and telling him he looked great, but even he couldn't go back to a major program like Florida State with a white RB.
    The major college route is not a valid explanation as scouts will find you at ANY college you attend if real talent is there.

There are dozens of outstanding/average active black players(DB's/Rb's/WR's) who attended small historically black colleges/Universities all around the NFL(not nearly as many as past years however):

Donald Driver(Packers/Alcorn)
    Domonique Rodgers Cromartie(Cards/Alcorn)
    Rashaen Mathis(Jags)
    Antoine Bethea(Colts)
    Fakir Brown(Rams/Grambling)
    Nick Harper(Packers)
    Drayton Florence(Bills)
    Cletis Gordon(Cowboys)
    Dante Wesley(Panthers)
    F Walker(Ravens)
    G Pope (Bengals)
    Kalvin pearson(Lions)
    M Coe(Colts)
    G Fassit(Saints)

And many other recent retired outstanding Black( Db's/Backs/recveivers) from small Historically Black colleges just off the top of my head(there are many more):

Jerry Rice
    Everson Walls /Albert Lewis/ Andrew Glover/ Jake Reed(Grambling)
    Aeneas Williams(Southern)
    Gene Atkinson

Being from Louisiana I know that tiny Grambling State University has more NFL Hall of Famers(4) than a 'Major' like LSU(3). If you can play Football scouts will find you no matter where you play really.

NFL Hall of Famers(DB's/Wr's/Rb's 'only') from small Historically Black colleges.

Jerry Rice
    Walter Payton
    Mel Blount(Southern )
    Charlie Joiner / Willie Brown/ Tank Younger(Grambling)
    Bob Hayes
    John Stallworth
    Leroy Kelly
    Ken Houston
    Lem Barney
    Marion Motley

If White players(Db's/Wr's/Rb's) are overlooked at major colleges there are many alternative routes to the NFL if they could really play.

NBA sixth man of the year

[QUOTE]Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    What about Rudy Fernandez in dunk contest?
    He was robbed cause he's white or cause he's european?
    Robbed? He took the entire 2 minute time limit and 2 extra dunks to complete his dunk, which was a dunk we have seen before the previous yr.

Quote Originally Posted by endorphins
    I would love to see a great white runningback. he would immediatly gain the support of every white person in the world
    you have never heard of toby gearhart?