Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Brandon Roy's Avatar

Default Re: Is there any series out there were the characters could beat DBZ?

Learning to shoot layups EDART King's Avatar

DBZ was okay, but not one of the best series out there.

Give me Fist of the North Star (Hokuto No Ken) any day over any DB/DBZ/DBGT. Characters actually died, there was legit violence being shown. Episode to episode you really had no clue what would happen aside from Ken himself dieing. There was no spirit realm to wish people back from. Once your dead you are dead.

FOTNS is probably the best really long standing manga series that I've seen (though I honeslty don't watch a lot).

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Oh, well if thats the case, then Eternity trumps all. He's like literally God. Like....he is everywhere around you at once. Hes the entire universe.

Or perhaps, Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. He could literally do anything he thought up.

And then there was cosmic spider man

Those are some of the most powerful people ive ever read about.
    Like I said, omnipotent characters don't count. And that obviously includes Chuck Norris.

In terms of actual destructive fighting ability, nobody can top the people in DBZ imo. They just caused way too much destruction when or wherever they fought.

Don't get me wrong. The show was very corny. The level of destruction in the fights don't show any increase throughout the show even the characters were always getting stronger and stronger. That just didn't make much sense to me. I mean the people near the beginning of the series looked pretty much as destructive as near the end (after all even Vegeta at 18 000 power level before even arriving at Earth could destroy any entire planet with a single energy blast).

the riddler

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    sure there are a couple on both sides, but half ? no way
    couple my ass i stand by what i said

Id love to see anyone from DBZ try to hurt them

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Well we aren't talking about omnipotent or demigod characters. How are you suppose to fight something that size in the first place? And could somebody list to me what Superman and whatever human sized Marvel character has over the DBZ fighters in terms of fighting ability. To be honest, I don't see a single ACTUAL fighting advantage Superman has.

Quote Originally Posted by supersmashbros
    Well we aren't talking about omnipotent or demigod characters. How are you suppose to fight something that size in the first place? And could somebody list to me what Superman and whatever human sized Marvel character has over the DBZ fighters in terms of fighting ability. To be honest, I don't see a single ACTUAL fighting advantage Superman has.
    Superman has instant power, he doesn't need to charge up.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Superman has instant power, he doesn't need to charge up.
    But he never gets stronger and he only gets weaker as he depletes his power reserves. He needs to get his power from solar energy. And the DBZ characters are even ridiculously powerful without charging up.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Another anime counterpart challenger.

Just don't really piss this lady. If anyone does, not only anyone in DBZ series, we are all doomed, seriously.
    good choice

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Another anime counterpart challenger.

Just don't really piss this lady. If anyone does, not only anyone in DBZ series, we are all doomed, seriously.

Thanos was a good answer. He wasn't really a god, but when he had all the gems or whatever it was, he could pretty much just stomp anyone.

BTW I've never seen DBZ (Dragon Ball Z, right?), so I have no idea how powerful those characters are.

I like the Original Dragon Ball Series because their main characters were not overpowered.